3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: need help with arrows  (Read 271 times)

Offline mike70

• Trad Bowhunter
need help with arrows
« on: December 18, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »
I have a recurve 55# at 28"  My draw lenth is 27 1/2". I have been shooting it with a stick on bear arrow rest.I have been shooting Easton xx75 2213 arrow with 100gr points cut at 29".They flew good. But I wanted to start shooting off the shelf, I put on  a rug type rest and started shooting. The arrow aren't flying good now.They are kicking to the side. I have feathers. Do I need more weight on the front? Or do I need other arrows? I have a few 2016, They are 31". I put a 125gr. point on them and tried them  and they flew straight, But heavy in the front, They dropped fast when I moved back.Thanks

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: need help with arrows
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
Mike:
2213's spine over 80#@28". Will need to know how deep your shelf is cut, is it less than center, Center or past center? If its less than center or center cut, I would suggest 2016's cut 29 BOP. So try cutting one of those 2016's to 29" and try it. If your bow is cut past center the 2213's should work but go to a 125-145 gr point.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline mike70

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
I measured, And the shelf is past center,So I could use the 2213 and try more weight on the end. Thanks

Offline Boneyard Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
If you went from a elevated rest to a rug you may need to move your nocking point because you have changed the dynamic tiller of the bow. If you were 3/16" above parallel you may need to go as much as 3/8" above parallel. I would start high and move down.
The size of the horns don,t matter
as long as it has a good tale.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©