INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Update!!!  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Update!!!
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »
Morning, I had a bad night but did sleep for an hour or two. Everyone said the second day is the worst, well they were all right!! Thanks!  P.S. To keep this archery related, i recieved some shafts this am. from Court Mcfarland a member here(freebies as he knew i would want to keep busy after my surgery)Cindy is gonna cut and taper them and i am gonna stain them with the squeezings of wild black rasberries!!  Cool, than I am gonna stain some white feathers with it as well and make them up. Imay even get some pics. of the process. Shawn
Shawn

Offline heartshoth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
shawn

glad to hear you're progressing as planned...the kwykstyk went for a walk this a.m. and is finding its mark nicely...thanks again and hopefully you'll be back at it soon...

heartshot h
BLACK WIDOW PSR X 2
KEMPF QWYKSTYK  X 2
Zipper SXT

Offline Hood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »
Great to hear that the surgery was a success!

Take Care,

Robert
All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players.
Performers and portrayers, each another's audience.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2007, 11:47:00 AM »
Shawn,

#1) Don't worry about the shift button,we'll figure out what you mean.   :confused:  

#2 The shafts from bowmac will keep you busy,and I think the wild berry stain idea is COOL and will be fun to boot!!!!!    :bigsmyl:  

Get Well Soon Bud!!!!!!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »
Tattoo is Monday, the arrows are gonna take all week! I also have got more good news. Bowchef(Doug)from Turkey Creek Longbows has been working on a 3 piece design and is sending me one of his lightweight proto-types to shoot at the Muzzy. I had signed up for the longbow division this year and bought a 47# Vortex in hopes of shooting that, but even though the doc said I may be able too, it is not worth the risk, thus a 36# Turkey creek 3 piece!!  :bigsmyl:   A big Thanks goes out to Doug!!!!!! Life is good !! Shawn
Shawn

Offline nanook712

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »
Take care Shawn. Better to deal with it now then to be forced too , say during deer season. Heal quick!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
Good for you the first Trad Ganger to shoot a three piece CREEK! Doug Witcher is truely good people! That was very generous of him.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
Take care on yourself Shawn, and heal up soon....Kirk

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
Yup, great folks and great site. I would be lost without it and you folks right now! Doug, does not know how much this means to me!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »
Shawn I found it was a lot more comfortable to sleep sitting up in a recliner when I had my surgery.

And a    :thumbsup:  for Doug.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
Yup, I tried that and it did help some. My nerve block lasted about 5 more hours than most as meds. have little effect on me they tripled the amount. I do not think that helped as it wore off late at night. Shawn
Shawn

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
He Shawn...this may sound nuts, but it helped me out a lot....along with physical therapy and exercise, i went to an acupuncturist....it was incredible the difference it made on healing time.....i know that its a bit premature, but you might give it some thought once you are working it a little more....it's not hocus-pocus like some think....it kind of rewires the nerves and improves circulation a lot....Kirk

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »
Glad to hear your doing well.So when is the muzzy shoot again ?? One of these yrs I'm gonna actually drive that far to check it out
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
Yup, gonna due some accupuncture and Jim Neaves(bowyer)has a glucosomine regimine I am gonna try as well. Tom, the muzzy is about an hour south of me, ya have to get an application and register ahead of time, but let me tell ya, it would be worth your trip. It is the best shoot I have ever attended, not quite as fun as the bunny hunt though  :bigsmyl:  !! Nice to hear from ya !!!!!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
Hmmm Muzzy shoot huh...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2007, 12:36:00 AM »
Up again, I took Davids advice and slept in my recliner again, I made it about 2hrs. which is good. Tonight is worse than last night. Man, this sucks!! Yes, Jamie the Muzzy is incredible, lots of fun and lots of challenge. If ya shoot one day bring at least adozen and a half carbons, wood ya may need two dozen and aluminums forget it. Although I have seen guys get through the 2 days with 6 or 7 arrows. I made top 8 last year and went thru 10 carbons! Shawn
Shawn

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2007, 12:39:00 AM »
It was about the fifth day before I could make four hours Shawn. The beginning of the second week was when things got better, rehab started and things got feeling much better.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2007, 12:49:00 AM »
Thanks David! Even the Vodka and percocet is not touching it!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2007, 12:51:00 AM »
Ice it(Vodka and shoulder). Get the swelling down some and it helps.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2007, 02:13:00 AM »
This may sound funny....but the best pain relief i got when down with a back injury, besides accupuncture, was in the early morning hours. Two plain old tylenol and a cup of strong coffee.....It beat the percoset and vodka hands down. Believe it or not....i could sleep for 3 hours after that too....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©