INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Update!!!  (Read 4796 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Update!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2007, 05:09:00 AM »
Nice!!
Shawn

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »
Shawn back in July 2001 I had 2,000 pounds of 16 gauge steel come off a trailer wall,knock me down, amd had me on the floor with the pieces on top of my leg. It took 6 men 20 minutes to get the pieces off my leg .The only thing that saved me was it came down like a stack of dominoes.Amazingly I had no broken bones but I had a severe and massive hemotoma[spelling] of my left leg.You know what it's like to slam your finger with a hammer. .The Dr gave me percosets too.After two weeks with no changes he wanted to cut the leg open and drain it. I told him the Mrs and I are going away on vacation it will have to wait a week.Any way he said here you better take these with you. He gave me oxycotins. WOOOFAAA I did one of those and a couple of beers. Forget about it! Someone could have pulled out my finger nails and I would have laughed at them. Needless to say Momma wouldn't let me take them.But if your pain keeps up tell the DR to give you some of those.Just be careful they're very addictive from what I understand. I came home from vacation had the operation .He put a tube in my leg and stapelled it up for a week. I was home recuperating when the Towers went down.The pain gets less and less as the days go by ,that and you probable get used to it somewhat.Gotta go a couple of us are going to my buds shop at Pequest Valley Archery today. Try to enjoy the day looks like a nice one.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
Shawn: When I had my labrum repaired I found that I slept best on the couch. I would lie down on my good shoulder and kept my body facinng the back rest with the injured shoudler up...basically I lay on my left side with my traumatized rignt shoulder pointing at the ceiling. I slept pretty well as I recall but I have a pretty good tolerance for pain. You are fortunate to be able to shoot so soon. I had a full detachment of the labrum and had to have my arm tight to my body for about 6  weeks as I recall. Couldn't even hold a toothbrush with that hand.  See you at the Muzzy.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
I am much better this am. I actually slept like you mentioned Bill. I slept a total of about 4 hrs. between last night and this morning. I had some lidocaine patches and they really helped. I have a high tolerance for pain as well, but this hurt pretty good. Feeling good right now! Thanks! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©