INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Please Pray for my Father  (Read 2030 times)

Offline C2@TheLibrary

• Trad Bowhunter
Please Pray for my Father
« on: July 25, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
I just found out my father has been in the hospitol for 5 weeks. He has Parkinson's and it apparently took a turn for the worse. I don't know why no one told me before but PLEASE lift muy Father up to the Lord in your prayers. He was a little heavy handed BUT a great father and raised me up right I'm a God Fearing, Bowhunting, Honest and forthright man because that is what he modeled for me. Gruff and eartthy but generous to a fault with friends and family. Truly would give the the shirt off his back if you needed it and the coat too even if you didn't ask. A navy veteran of the Korean war. A man that beat alcoholism and cigarette addiction by shear force of will.A man that taught me that it was NOT unmanly to cry and the first duty of a man to pray. Thanks for your aid and comfort.God Bless you all.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Please Pray for my Father
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
C2,

You got it man..no more beautiful testament to the name "Dad" than what you pened above!

Parkinson's can be a long, slow process of decline. Sorry those closer to him didn't keep you in the loop. Remember that forgiveness is a major call of Christ..one of the hardest stumbling blocks for some of us "up-drug" around  those who were a bit on the tougher side.

Prayers for his health to return according to Christ's will and plan.  And that you and those close to your father will lean on our Father for comfort, peace and grace to your Dad and to one another.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
done, prayers sent..mark#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
Prayers sent
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline highnoonhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 02:52:00 AM »
Prayin' for your Dad, and believing in a miracle!

hnh
Member: Christian Bowhunters of America
Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild, Inc.
-
Holmes Mongoose reverse handle longbow. 63" 63@28
Longriver Longbow: 69" 69@28
Kolometz Kustom Longbow 66" 76@28

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 07:40:00 AM »
Prayers sent

God Bless

Offline C2@TheLibrary

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
Thanks guys

Offline MarthaK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
You can count on my prayers for your dad, Curtiss. Do you have any plans to go see him?
Faithful servant to the Dino Wrangler.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
Almight Father, hear our prayers, thank you Lord..Mark #78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline C2@TheLibrary

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
Without a job I can't swing a trip north to see him. I need some car repairs accomplished first. Had I known he was in the hospitol I would not have gone to ATAR. Believe it or not my Father lives as far from me as ATAR was. I did not know my car only had one long trip left in it. I am not saying ATAR was not worth it but certainly family comes first. Especially my father, who when I asked at the age of 12 "Dad, Whats' the difference between a badger and a wolverine?" he replied,"A wolverine goes out looking for trouble. A badger hopes like H*ll he finds some."

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »
Curtiss, You and your father are certainly in our prayers. Do not ever feel guilty about not going when you thought you should have and could'nt. The Lord is good and He knows our hearts and circumstances.

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 05:26:00 AM »
Update
He has taken a turn for the worse. He has developed the dementia that sometimes comes with Parkinson's. He has good hours and sometimes good days' but it is so painful to hear about. I am the man my father made me and I hate beening helpless. I know prayer is all I can do and prayer IS enough but I wish I could do more.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »
Prayers from the west slope,I know how it feels to have your Dad in a tough battle the Lord will prevail I pray for your peace and comfort!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »
C2,

I can relate tot he choices that one must make when funds are limited by unemployment. I was there over 2 years, but each time it looked like the walls would lean in, something came in by way of contract work to ease the burden.

May the Lord help you find creative ways to address your finances to get to see your Dad if only for one last time and that it be when he has a "good day."

My prayers are for peace for you and for him. Parkinsons is a nasty bit of business, but your worst enemy right now is self incrimination and guilt.

Keep the Son in your eyes and seek God's will in this time of challenges.  Prayers for discernment and peace, brother.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
Nice tribute to your father.  Prayers being lifted for him.
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
More prayers for that miracle!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
This is ripping me up inside. He didn't even recognize me on the phone yesterday. And he was almost unrecognizable in voice. I heard fear in his voice for the first time in my life. So strong a man reduced to this.....to misty eyed to continue. keep praying, PLEASE
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Ed Frye

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »
My prayers for you and your father I know how hard it is to lose the one who made you what you are today as i lost my father 5 years ago. Again I will keep him in my prayers.
Thanks and keep promoting the great sport of bow hunting to our youth and friends.
Ed P. Frye II
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »
Prayers up for you

God Bless

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
Prayers sent from PA
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©