3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: York Archery  (Read 404 times)

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
York Archery
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Hi guys. Avid "training wheels" archer in the market to pick up my first recurve. I keep getting outbid on all the Bears, Brownings, Howatts, and Pearsons.

Are York bows any good? Have a chance to pick up a mid 70's York Thunderbolt. It's a lot cheaper than the others I have been looking at.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: York Archery
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
I own a York Thunderbolt and it is a very good shooter. It is pretty quick and very quiet. If it is in good shape ya cannot go wrong with one. Mineiis all Maple with black glass. Shawn
Shawn

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »
I'll second what Shawn says.  I've owned several York Thunderbolts; great little bows, smooth as can be and no stack for a 54" recuve.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »
Well- I got outbid by a buck with 3 seconds left. So that York is not in my future. Still looking for my first recurve. Frustrating.

Offline John C Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »
No advise on the York, but wanted to say check out the sale section here on Tradgang.  

I see some nice bows being sold for very good prices.  Not all the time, but keep you eye out and you can snatch up a good one.  You may spend a hair more than the auction site, but at least you will not play the waiting/ wondering game.  And you will be able to get out shooting faster!

HTH

Best of luck
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters

Its not about the weapon used, its about the adventure involved.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
I have several very old Yorks. If I had to guess I'd say they are from the thirties or forties! I will try to post some pictures here later.
John

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©