INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Getting Divorced: Prayer request for my kids please  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
Getting Divorced: Prayer request for my kids please
« on: August 15, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
Guys.... this has been the most difficult year of my life.
My wife made some horrible decisions in the last year or more.  I tried my best, prayed my heart out and spent 10 months in counseling to try and save my family.

It's worse than you could ever imagine.....

We are getting along fine, but I am on my way out the door. It's just too much for any man to deal with and for that, I regret I cannot throw myself under the bus for the sake of my kids. I wish I was that strong, but I cannot imagine living with that burden on my heart the rest of my days.

My children deserve a happy, loving father and that is what I shall give them.

Things are already looking MUCH better for my future and I'm now looking forward to many more sunrises and sunsets.

Thanks for the fellowship and support !

Praying for a smooth transition and eventual understanding for my kids:

Hanna (7) and Mitchell (3.5)

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Getting Divorced: Prayer request for my kids please
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
Father , hear my prayer for Gordy , mark#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »
Thank you brother.  You have touch my heart.... >>>>----->

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »
God Bless you Gordy. The Lord knows your situation and He is with you. We are praying for you through this.

Frank and Shell
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »
Trust in the Lord he will show you the right path to travel. Prayers on the way from Ga.

Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Gordy,

I am praying for you and your family, remember  Rom 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to his purpose"

God has blessed you with 2 beautiful children, continue being the father to your children God has called you to be.

Terry
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 07:39:00 AM »
Prayers sent for you Bro. and for the rest of the family.

God Bless

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »
Amen & prayers sent
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »
Gordy I don't even know how to pray except let the spirit pray for you. May you find favor, grace and mercy in the eyes of our Father!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
Gordy,

These are bad times in anyone's life.  I'm sure there is so much more to this story than what you've shared, and rightly so. We don't need to know more to ask that the Lord wrap his loving arms around you, your estranged wife and the beautiful girls and guide each and everyone of your footsteps... and maybe more importantly, to guide your lips.

Things can be said in times of great hurt adn never heal.  WWJD all the way, bro.

Trust and Faith are all that is left at the bottom of the dark hole you might find yourself with such a loss.  God loves us and there are more'n one way to "love others as ourselves"

You'll find the right path by continuing to surrender to Him and His will.

Keep the Son in your eyes.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
A divorce is hard on the children. A friend of mine is going through one right now, and has two young girls. The other night my family and I went to our local county fair. We were going through one of the buildings that they display some of the art and school work from our local schools, the works are judged and all are awarded ribbons of some sort. While looking for our sons we came across a paper written by the youngest of the two girls, it was titled " The Divorce " Just to read this brought a tear to my eye the paper explained how her parents had a fight, and went on to tell about how the girls were told that they were getting a divorce. It went on to tell the time of the court date and how she didn't want her parents to go through with it, and it ended with her telling her dad that she loved him. The kids are the real losers in a situation like this and prayer should be sent out for them as well. It is a shame that things cant be worked out for the benefit of the children.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
Thanks again for the support guys.  

Stone knife.... believe me I tried my best to keep it together and the other half of the team decided to continue tearing things down with some amazingly bad choices.

It's been a hell ride, but things are looking good for a full recovery.   ;)

Offline Mr Vic at the cabin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »
So sorry it had to happen to another Tradgang member, but remember on here there are friends who support and pray for you. Everything happens according to a plan and your life path just has turned a different direction. Only You choose how to accept it and walk it. Smoke in the air for you my friend.                      Mato Cante
"If i could help just ONE person on the good path and see things they did not understand i would feel that i have accomplished something worthy in my life."  Ken Mowery (Adkmountainman)

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »
Gordy,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, and such beautiful children.  Praying for you and your family.

-Tim
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
Gordy can't help but lift you and all concerned to the Lord as a fellow Mn. Its still my home even if I roam!
Know that time heals even if it does not seem possible at this time.I pray the kids know there guardian angels very well. God Bless

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »
Gordy prayers sent for both you and your kids keep up the good attitude and the Lord will bless both you and your family. Delin
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
You guys are awesome !  thank you.  Yes my children know the lord..... thanks for the concern.  You ease my heart in a time of need.

thanks so much !

Offline deertraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
Gordy, I've been where you are now. It's a devastating thing at the time. Your world is turned upside down. Keep the faith and trust in the Lord, He'll bring you through. He brought me through. I now have a good companion that prays beside me every night before we go to bed. It's been many years ago and it seems like just a vague memory. My children came through it ok, they were a little older than yours at the time. You continue to shine a light before them they'll need that. Remember, His eyes are over the righteous and His ears are open to their prayers.
Dave
Phil. 2:6-11

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »
Hey Brother,
My heart goes out for you and your family, and prayers go up. This is something I've been through and I can tell you for sure, it's no picnic. One thing to remember is that people are going to think what they want in spite of cold hard facts. Some will blame you regardless, but in time they will see it was for the best and they will see where the blame lies. You have 2 beautiful little children to take care of. Hang in there and keep your eyes on the cross.
                              GOD BLESS YOU
                                ARCHER2
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Thank you once again fellas.  I can feel his presence and your prayers helping guide me through this difficult time.

So much to look forward too.....one step at a time.

Your support is appreciated more than you know.   :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©