INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: My mom's dead-thank God  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
My mom's dead-thank God
« on: August 24, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
That may sound like a bad title but it is true. My Mom has been ill for quite some time... obesity, diabetes, cancer of the jaw, and most recently lung cancer. The lung cancer was treated about a year ago, with total remission thought.

For the last few months she has had a severe pain in her left leg, her hip, she thought, thinking her back might be flairing up. SHe was in so much pain with this she could only stand to pivot to a commode near her chair. She hadn't slept in her bed, but only in a chair, for months.

Finally she somehow managed to make it to the hospital to see if they could help her back, and found out there was a tumor in her leg that was causing the pain. She was then taken in 2 days later for surgery to put a rod in the leg, lest it break. After surgery, she had a CT scan that showed her brain, lungs and nearly everywhere else full of cancer. It was obvious she wouldn't live long.

She woke up occasionally after the surgery to tell her family she loved them, and within 36 hours was dead.

So why a "thank God" in the title?

Every one of us is going to take that journey, the transition from this life to an eternal life. My mother was the perpetual worry-wort. If she had known for months that her cancer was back and terminal, she would have been out of her mind with fear. Not fear of dying, but fear of suffering as she died.

But as it was, she passed on without ever knowing her condition. She said that she knew she was dying, was in no pain, was able to tell her family she loved them and to say good-bye. What a way to go! She was able to complete everything in this life that was important to her before her death.

Glory to God in the highest! What mercy was shown to this woman and her family in her last days! We mourn our loss, but we celebrate her gain, and what a gain it is! Thank you Lord Jesus!

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My mom's dead-thank God
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
Prayers for the family sent from Georgia.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline R.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
My condolences on the loss of your mother.

May your mothers spirit rest in the arms of the Lord.

May the Lord comfort you and your family in this time of your loss.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
Condolences to you and your family Kid.
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline deertraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Prayers and condolences to you and your family.

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
Dave
Phil. 2:6-11

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
Prayer's sent. Praise Jesus for going to prepare a place for us. Your mom will be helping Jesus prepare yours. God Bless
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »
I pray for God's grace and mercy to rest on your family!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »
Dean,

Tears rolled down my face reading your story...and yes, I do understand. My mom suffered long and hard with what was said to be arthritis...horrible back pain... and in the end, she finally learned it was matastisized cancer from some lower GI organ undiagnosed for years.

She lasted 15 days and passed quietly. Those were the most precious 15 days in the then 58 years of my knowing my mother. She was alert, positive, happy, filled with peace, joy and love. Anyone knowing my Mom, knew that she didn't live that way...but thanks be to God, she was allowed and chose to die that way.

So, yeah...brother, I know the "and thank God" part of His claiming a suffering loved one to come Home to Him and be made perfect.

Blessing on you, your family and your mom's memory... May the Holy Spirit continue to bring peace that passess all understanding on each of you in the time to come. There will be days, my friend...there will be days of mighty missing even with the joy of release.. And so it should be.  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 09:45:00 PM »
Prayers for your great loss, and in awe of your recognition of Gods endless love and mercy! Peace be with you brother.

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »
Dean, my prayers are with you.
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 05:47:00 AM »
Dean prayers fro you and yours. Cancer is a EVIL no doubt. Thank you Lord Jesus for your Mercy. <><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 12:32:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing your story. After spending a few hours with my grandmother this evening, it helped me a little.

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
I, TOO, HAVE WALKED THAT TRAIL. IT IS HARD TO SEE THE LIGHT OF FAITH THROUGH THE SMOKE OF HURTING. PEACE TO ALL.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline rnharris

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
sorry for your loss death is something we will all face one day thank God that God has made a way to heaven thru Christ and you will see your mother in a perfect body one day God bless Ralph in ga.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©