INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for my wife and I  (Read 10790 times)

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for my wife and I
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
I hope that some of you are up tonight. Please pray for us. It has been a very difficult day and is continueing tonight....John
possumtrot

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2009, 07:24:00 AM »
Prayers sent John. Praise God that time isn't an issue with God.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
I am praying for you as I type this.  I just read all ten pages for the first time.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »
Father God,

I praise you for who you are, and thank you for what you have done. I thank you for your never ending love, grace, and our salvation. Forgive me of my lack of devotion, and selfishness.

Father hear my plea of intervention for John and his wife. Let your loving, gentle presence be felt by them, and may your sweet peace, and arms of comfort surround them.

Give them energy, and a new sense of understanding which only your Holy Spirit is capable of doing in times like theirs. Let your knowledge and  wisdom fall upon them in handling all situations. Speak to them in a familiar voice, one of compassion and care, to sooth their tired, but faithful service to you.

May your glory be seen, and your love abound, in each of their days, and separate needs.

In Jesus name I ask and claim these things, Amen.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »
Amen and prayers continue.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
Just got back, John.  Been off line and out of town.

Prayers continue for your and your wife's challenges. At times like these, it's hard to remember that He never gives us more than we can take...if we but believe totally in His love, Grace and we trust Him.

Never easy, especially in the midst of crisis...that is why I guess they call it a "praise sacrifice". If it doesn't cost us something to offer up praise in suffering, it'd not be a sacrifice.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers for John and his wife.

Keep the Son in your eyes, John!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
All,
We are preparing to go to a ALS clinic in Alburquerque next week. I think they will be able to help us to prepare for the future in that they have seen more ALS patients in the last 4 years than a Neurologist will see in a life time. They are convinced that Marsha has MS and ALS. What is odd is that there are 2 other women who have both diseases and are approximately the same age and from the same area of NM.
She is getting weaker as time goes on and we are preparing to make arrangements for the fumeral. We do not want to wait because of the disease affecting the ability to talk.
I wish I could have brought her to one of those big shoots. She loves watching me shoot and always walked the course with me. I am blessed. At the same time, I am at a loss for words to describe my sense of loss and anguish. I guess I am walking the course with her. I love my wife... John
possumtrot

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »
John, my prayers continue for you and your wife.

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »
John,

You humble me with your love and devotion. We seldom see it so publicly professed in today's world. Thank you for sharing that.

I see the best of what we can be reflected in your love. I can't imagine what it will feel like, but all I can do is to encourage you to remember that God never lets us walk alone.

If my unemployment trials seem big to me, I can only imagine what it would be like to finally have a soul mate and then know she's going on before me... so please don't hear me minimizing any of what lies ahead.

All I know for sure is that God loves you and her. I don't believe God puppets us and pulls strings but he will NOT allow this pain to settle on you alone!  He WILL use this to some good in His time...giving you a new purpose in life when this chapter closes.

Thank you for allowing us, empty, rusty vessels that we are, to walk with you in prayer.

Keep the Son in your eyes, John. May you both be covered up in the peace that passes all understanding.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
Amen. Prayers sent for comfort and strength. Prayers for the Drs to make the right decisions.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
Amen  :pray:

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »
John, my heart goes out to you and your wife...no words can suffice. Prayers sent.
Randy
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
All,
 I have talked to the doctor who is working with the Hospice program here and she had strongly suggested that if family wants to talk to my wife they need to do it this week(ALS affects the ability to speak). She also felt that my wife would not live very much longer. Marsha has been sleepin 18-20 hours a day. This is because the desease affects that ability to breath and she can not exhale with enough force to get rid of the co2. She is showing signs of confusion as well.
I went to church without her for the first time in 19 years and it was if my heart had been ripped out. I couldn't stop crying.
But I will praise Him even in my grief and confusion. In Him will I hope! Marsha and I talked last night about seeing each other in glory. Oh my! NO more tears,pain and suffering.
She has suffered so much. But what a class act. It has been a honour to be her husband.
John
possumtrot

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »
Prayers continue John. Prayers of God's comfort and love.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
John, our church is doing small groups with "40 Days of Love" a follow up to a few years back of "40 Days of Purpose Driven life".

Might I say, that if I should live so long, perhaps I will have learned to love with the love of Christ the way you and your wife have loved. You both are living testaments to Christ's answer to the question: Which are the greatest commandments?

"Love God...love your neighbor." You, Sir, stand tall and have done so while on your knees.

Thank you for sharing your trials and allowing us/me to be such a tiny part of carrying you to our Lord in prayer.  Know that we will remain here for you as time passes on.

Life will not end when your life partner, Marsha, goes on ahead to wait on you...but it will change. My prayers continue for all of you: Marsha, you, and all who love this delightful woman and those who will be there by your side to keep her memory alive in all your hearts.

Tears stream down my own face, not knowing how I would handle what lies ahead for you, but trusting that your strength and Faith, will see you through. Thank you for showing us all what LOVE really means...

Your brother in Christ,

Keep the Son in your eyes, John!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »
Amen

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
Heavenly Father,

I come to you with a sense of humbleness, and lack of words to express the feelings I have, after reading John's current update and report on his precious wife Marsha.

Forgive me of my selfishness, and the trivial things which often consume my mind and daily affairs. Hear my prayer of intervention for John and Marsha, and let your presence be felt even more so, by your light shining around them and your Holy Peace to handle all things.

Lord I thank you for John's steadfast hold on your faith, and his encouragement to us all, as servants, and husbands.

I ask that you hear his prayers, and honor his request, which come from his heart. Comfort him, and Marsha, in the manner which only you can do in this type of situation. Let your love, and warm embrace, touch them, and lift them up with energy and strength. Help Marsha to have minimal pain, clear, coherent thoughts, and the ability to communicate her needs effectively.

Place your angels and hedge of protection around them, and their marriage. Let their time together be one of connection not only with each other, but with you.

Be with the doctors, nurses, and staff, and guide them with your Holy Spirit in Marsha's care. Give John wisdom and knowledge in handling all situations and continue to guide him through the Holy Spirit.

I thank you for what you have done, and what you are going to do, for it's in your glory and honor, I ask, and claim these things.

In Jesus name, Amen.

Offline arklongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
John,
You have my prayers and I pray that I too will have the strength you show.  My wife has been through treatments for Lymphoma for four years and it has really taken a lot from her. God is in control and I pray he continues to give strength to you both.

I'll continue to lift you and Marsha to the Lord.

Mike

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
My wife's struggle with pain and suffering ended this morning around 6.
I can not tell you how thankful I am for the prayers that have been lifted up for us.
She is dancing with her Savior and I could not ask for anything more. He shared her with me for almost 19 years and I am grateful.
This will be my last reply to this topic. I am grateful from the bottom of my heart to all of you who have been a part of this. It has been a long, difficult journey and I hope and pray that you have been ministered to in some way.
John
possumtrot

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
This man, a fallable human as am I, has taught me more about true love than I've learned in a lifetime of trial and error.

May God's peace be with John and his family and extended family as they allow God's Mercy and Grace to heal their sorrow and renew their joy.

Thank you, Lord, and Thank you for sharing your walk, John.  

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©