INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for my wife and I  (Read 10819 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for my wife and I
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »
Prayers sent for both of you as you go through the grieving process. Don't allow yourselves to feel guilty about any feelings that surface. Just take them boldly to Dad's throne and lay them at His feet. He will not condemn you but will give you mercy and grace to come through healed in spirit.
God's Best to you both.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Mrs Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »
Prayers sent for both of you as you follow the road the Lord has laid before you.  He will not lead you where he cannot go.  Lean heavily on him in these times and he will richly bless you.
"Brown dogs make the best BOWCHERY dogs"

Offline tree dancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »
Prayers for both of you!!

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
You will both be remembered in my prayers.
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline Berube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
prayers sent for both of you

Offline BANNOCK-.PT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »
Prayers for your wife and yourself.
Live every day like it's your last and one day you'll be right!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »
Thanks, for the update, John.

Good news-bad news kinda deal.

Many good suggestions from others... and your wife is smart...there is going to be a grief process with such a diagnosis, but He never gives us more than we can bear, if we but lay it all like Benson said, at His throne...

continued prayers for peace, strength and joy to follow soon!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Eastern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
Prayrs are diffenently on the way from my family to yours.  Good luck to you both and keep being strong for her.  I cannot imagine what you are going thru.  Don't really want to either.  I just want her to get better and for you to have your life back.  take care, Dave
A bad day of hunting is still far better than a good day at work.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »
Prayers for wisdom, strength, comfort, and encouragement from above continue.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2008, 01:32:00 AM »
God's Love surround you and your wife in this time of need. Your Trad Gang friends are there with you too, and tomorrow, since I'm off, I have time to lift up some prayer for her with my wife and family and we will. Keep your faith and hope

sam

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
Thanks for the prayers to everyone. It has been a difficult week as my wife has been through a week of steroid treatments and started weaning off this week. Hopefully there will be some positive affects from the steroids before she starts the MS medication. I have been sent to Western Kansas for a couple of weeks and if it wasn't for some loving people in our church I don't know what I would do. She is walking with much difficulty now and has to use a walker. She felt brave the other day and went to check the mail at the mail box and fell. No one would stop and help and she had to drag herself to the door. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it (and angry). It is getting to the point where I am thinking about finding another job that will keep me at home. I have been traveling about 80% of the time since September. We have discussed this and know that it might be a drastic cut in pay and possibly the sale of our home. But I don't want it to appear that we are in complete despair. There is always a hope in knowing that the Lord will not allow anything in our lives that we can't handle (with His help) and can see how this situation has given us and others the oppurtunity to display the love of Christ. His grace is indeed sufficient.... John
possumtrot

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »
More prayers for you and your family bro!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2008, 08:18:00 AM »
More prayers for God's wisdom, grace, provision, and comfort.

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
Continued prayers for you both John, He is all knowing and all loving through every trial we face.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
reading your posts through this thread has made me realize no matter how difficult any of our lives may seem, courage and God's love and compassion make us as strong as we need to be to deal with whatever comes our way.

your faith is a wonderful blessing and lesson to us all, possum.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2008, 11:31:00 AM »
Prayers Sent
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »
Again I am humbled by the outreach of all of you. My wife is feeling better due to getting off of the steroids and seems to be walking somewhat better. But as the day goes on, she becomes weaker. Started the MS treatment this week. That is an answer in prayer as well. The medication would have run over a thousand dollars a month but with the insurance that I have we are only paying 30 dollars for a 3 month supply. It is a "wait and see" situation on the effects of the medication and we were told by a nurse from the company that makes the medication that it will take up to 6 months to see if there is any positive results. I will be bouncing around the country this summer so it will be difficult for both of us. Thanks again for all of your prayers and support... John
possumtrot

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »
John my prayers continue

God Bless

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »
Prayers continue John. My wife says you'd think doctors would realize that stress makes ms worse and the steroids produce stress when given in large doses. One would think it would work better in lower doses for possibly a longer duration. Glad your wife and you are through it. I know how hard it can be on you while she is taking that stuff. Prayers of thanksgiving that your wife is doing better and wisdom, comfort, and strength for the future.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »
Glad to hear/read that there is some light shining on this trying situation. I guess amidst it, and the hardship of you being away from her in this time, is that the very job causing that is making a HUGE medication bill very civil indeed. Blessings in odd places and sometimes mixed.

They say it's not a "praise sacrifice" If it doesn't cost you "something!"

I'd sent you a PM on some stuff I knew helped friends w/ MS... gotta be a scary place to be right now. Prayers this Med will help measurably and give your lovely wife some freedom to enjoy herself and mobility again!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©