INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for my wife and I  (Read 10818 times)

Offline Traditional-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for my wife and I
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »
Prayers sent from me and my family.God bless you, it is a testament to all that truely love one another to stand with both feet planted when the time become hard " thats an understatement in this case" stand with your hands up to the Lord and he will bring you peace and understanding open your hart look listen feel  God will show you the way peace be with you.
We are what we do repeatedly. Execellence is, therefore, not an act but a habit.  

Artistole (384-322 B.C.)
Philosopher

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2008, 12:38:00 AM »
prayers from Kansas

possumtrot, if you are ever in the KC area pm or email me.  Maybe we could fling some arrows or just have a cup of coffee
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »
When I arrived in Memphis yesterday there was a message on my phone to call my wife. She had started physcal therapy and had some positive results. They had hooked her left leg up to some kind of electrical instrument. Her movement was restored to a certain degree, at least to the degree where she could actually move some of her muscles in her leg and move her foot on command!
Therapist and my wife got pretty excited. Theory is that this therapy will "excite or wake up" the nerves that have been dammaged. She will be going through the thereapy for several weeks. Pray with me that the procedure will have very positive results and my wife will be able to walk without the aid of a walker. Thanks again for your prayers!...John
possumtrot

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
done...thank you jesus
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »
Amen & Continued Prayers
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
Possum,I am praying for you and your wife.That electrical stimulation can sometimes work wonders and it sounds as though your wife is having promising results with it.I pray that with God's will those therapist's are able to get your wife walking minus any devices. I am praying for you Possum,that you are able to juggle this all and stay focused.Stay strong Possum and squeeze God's hand hard when you have to.
                              PRAYIN HARD IN PA
                                      Monkeyball

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »
Prayers for you and your wife to perservere and continue to depend on the Lord , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
Again I thank all of you for the concern and prayers. My wife's ability to walk has deteriorated to the point where I have had to approach my employer and ask for a job that has minimul or no travel time. My supervisor thinks that there is a possibility in Memphis or Houston. In the mean time my former employer has contacted me and wants to talk about a position with them. My main concern is the insurance and the finances. All of the testing that has been done in the last year or so has added to the budget. I will speaking to my former employer in the morning and will learn of the possible openings in Memphis and Houston later this week. I hate moving and the possibility of moving to a larger city does not thrill me (to tell you the truth). But there would be some good health care in both places.  I am tired... emotionally and spiritually. I have been home for a week now and it has been nice. Will be going back to California in a week until the operation that we are building is up and running. Could be mid-June to July. The Lord is my comforter and in Him will I trust.....John
possumtrot

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »
John more prayers sent. May God keep you close and comfort you.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »
John,

I'm saddened by your update of your wife's decline. We never know what God's plan might include for us, but it sounds as though your Trust in Him is unwavering. Admitting that you're tired and wore down is honest and real...and God only wants that.

I will renew prayers for you and your wife, the upcoming negotiations to be closer to her and for the possible move.  

May God smile on you both, present healing and give you peace as you seek direction.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
Dear Lord please bless this family in their critical time. Whenever 2 or more are gathered in your name Lord, your miracles are revealed. Bless this wife with your healing touch. Amen.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
Prayers continue

God Bless

Offline BRADASSDAD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »
my prayers have been pent

Through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand and we rejoice in Hope of the Glory of God

Rom 5:2

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
I have talked to my former employer and we are going to sit dowm and talk on the 22nd. My wife just came in from trying to walk with a friend and she had went down without any indication that she was losing her strength. There is a medication that she has been taking to help with the stiffness in her legs and we are hoping that this is the cause of the radical change in her strength due to it being a muscle relaxer. We called this morning and they said to get off of it and see what happens. I will be flying out to California in a couple of days and I can't hardly keep focused on my job.I am at a loss. Totally helpless feeling. But I know in whom I have believed and continue to believe that the Lord will see us through this trial.....John
possumtrot

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »
...continue to believe..
Prayers are with you

God Bless

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
Praying for you as well as your wife John.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
Continued prayers... has to be hard being away...

Here's something that I keep coming back to for insight and inspiration, bud...if it might help:

My Lord God

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.

I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end.

Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you, and I hope that I have that desire in all that I am doing.

I hope that I never do anything apart from that desire.

And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it.

Therefore I will trust you always.

Though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death I will not fear, for you are ever with me and you will never leave me to face my
peril alone.

Thomas Merton,

1915-1968

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
Thanks Doc... I have just recieved a call from my wife and she can not walk. I am going home. I do not know what the future holds but I do know Who is holding it. Pray for my wife. She tends to blame herself for me possibly giving up a job that I love and Satan plays on that big time. I have called my former boss and left a message that I need to meet with them next week as soon as possible...John
possumtrot

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »
Prayers for you and yours.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
YOu and your wife are both in prayers. I was forced out of a job due to economic downturns on Friday. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to make such a tough choice... but Your Trust in God will see you both through.

Special prayers for your wife's healing and for her and you both to be wrapped in the loving arms of Christ Jesus as you tackle this tough situation together.

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©