INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Pray for a family in our community  (Read 1181 times)

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
Pray for a family in our community
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
I covet your prayers for a family in our small community that has had to make the agonizing decision to remove their 13 year daughter from life support this morning.  She has been fighting an e coli infection and has taken a turn for the worse.

she knew the Lord and was going to be baptized this Sunday, but please pray for our community especially her family and her friends.

Thanks, Tim
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pray for a family in our community
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
So very sad to hear.  Praying that the Lord's grace and comfort will sustain those close to her, and that others will come to know Christ as Savior.
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Prayers sent
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
thanks guys.  

it has been a terribly sad day for our community.

though I will say that it has been a blessing to see the community rally behind this family.

sad reminder that we are not always in control of life.
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
Lord,
I come to you now, tears for Tim's friends, and feelings of guilt for the lack of realization of how Blessed I am with my family.

Father forgive me and hear my plea for Tim's friends and their community. Let your over pouring of compassion and love fill the corners and nooks of all the community. Let your insight be seen to the daughter's family, and let your peace be placed upon them.

We thank you for your salvation, and the knowing that Tim's friend's daughter knows of your salvation as well. In Jesus name I ask these things, Amen.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
Prayers sent for this young girl and her family

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »
Beautiful prayer, BOFF.

I echo those sentiments, Lord... In your Mercy, hear our prayers.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
Father help us all! Bless this Girl and the families involved!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Boff, your prayer is being answered in many ways.  I'll soon be going to the funeral.  The high school gymnasium will be full.  And I've never seen a better attended visitation last night.  The family has been touched and encouraged by the outpouring of love and compassion from the community.  

There have been some signs of comfort from heaven for her classmates and friends.  Mysteriously, some months ago with no inkling of sickness she posted the following poem on her myspace page, prompted no doubt by the Spirit:

To My Friends

Of all the friends I've ever met,
You're the one I won't forget.
And if I die
before you do
I'll go to heaven
And wait for you
I'll give the angels
Back their wings
And risk the loss
Of everything
Just to prove
Mr friendship is true
I'm thankful to have great
Friends like you.

This is to all of my friends

In the midst of this tragedy the community of believers have found that God is still good, and taken solace in the sure knowledge that this sweet 14 year old girl is now with the Savior.

Thanks for your continued prayers for Kayla's family and community.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
Wow..no dry eye here! Amazing how children seem to have such connection...and simple faith.

Praise God!

Prayers for continued support long after the headlines fade for this family, classmates and friends of this lovely child... May God's peace that passes all understanding keep them in His Holy love.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©