INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayer for Daughter, Son-In-Law and Grandson Updated  (Read 2006 times)

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayer for Daughter, Son-In-Law and Grandson Updated
« on: November 15, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »
Please pray for them

:pray:      :pray:      :pray:      

My daughter has been very unhappy with life in general and in her marriage and has been going through cycles of unhappiness to raging.  My son-in-law is not perfect (none of us are), but I can honestly say he is not the issue.  He is a good kid.

My grandson, who is five, is awesome.

As Papa, I have had the opportunity to teach them to fish and how to shoot a bow.  My son-in-law's father was murdered when he was four and had never caught a fish until last October when I took them fishing.

Due to their problems I resigned from a very good paying position to move to TN and try to influence them towards the Lord and away from destructive behavior.  I have since had to move back to Ca to find a decent job.  So, I can't be there myself, but have asked the Men's Group at the church I attended to put boots on the ground and be my feet, arms and heart and surround all of them with the Love of Christ!

My grandson has been on fire for the Lord even at 5 and loves going to church.  He even explained to me the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.  I was shocked and warmed when he told me Jesus lives in his heart.  Pray that my daughter will return to the Lord, she was brought up in the church and my son-in-law will get saved.  Also pray that they will take my grandson to church.  They promised me they would, but haven't!

Guys, please pray that the Lord will intervene and also that the Lord will keep my ex-wife (not anything I ever wanted) from being a negative influence on my daughter.  It seems that my soon to be ex-wife places a far greater importance on "feelings" than the Word of God.  The word says that our feelings are deceitful above all things.

God Bless
F Thomas

Offline jimbob91

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayer for Daughter, Son-In-Law and Grandson Updated
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
Prayers sent from ohio.
Live your life today like your going to meet God tommorrow!You just might!****GO VIKES****

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
Prayers sent. This is way to familiar.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
Prayers Sent

God Bless

Offline bihunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 01:08:00 AM »
You & your family are in my prayers

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »
Heavenly Father,
 I come to you this a. m. with a hurting heart for others and a feeling of appreciation for the many blessings you have given me so freely. Forgive me of the unawareness I have at times for my marriage, wonderful wife, and precious child you have given me. Forgive me of my selfishness, and closed eyes towards others' needs.

Thank you Lord for you continuous grace, love, and outstretched arms reaching towards us at all times. Thank you for your arms that embrace us when we come to you, and thank you for the sense of peace and comfort we have, when we are in your arms and in your will.

Lord I lift up Fred's family to you, and pray each one of them, from Fred, his ex-wife, Fred's daughter, son-in-law, and grandson, will come to your outstretched arms to where you can scoop them up in your loving ways, providing them peace and comfort. Let each one of them be healed with your touch. Father we ask that these marriages be saved, and revived, for your glory and testament.

We ask that Fred's grandson be protected. Use the Godly men of the local church, and give them a loving heart to help in guiding and saving the marriage. Give them wisdom and knowledge though your Holy Spirit to help with this situation.

Thank you again Father, for your peace, love, and open ears to hear our prayers. In Jesus name I ask and pray these things, Amen.

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
Thank you God for these prayers!

BOFF!  Amen!
F Thomas

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »
Amen is right, Fred. I keep learning from BOFF and will from others here as well...

Lord, in your mercy. Fred has done more than many of us to resign a job and be there to provide positive input... Help Fred to know Your peace for his efforts...and strengthen him in faith that now it is up to his daughter, son in law and other believers to keep on with his good start.

Help Fred, Lord, to live in abiding faith to know that You will enter into the smallest crack possible to pry open a hardened heart and change us from within, according to your plan.

Help Fred to know too, that you give us all free will to chose or walk away. Fred cannot change his daughter's heart if she chooses not to...Our call is to witness and pray but we can't force.

Give all the peace that passes all understanding and bring these young people to you through any means possible. Amen.

Fred, Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
prayers of agreement offered up!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 02:17:00 AM »
Guys!  Thank you so much for your prayers.  We should always keep in mind that we can fall and fall hard.  Also:  Sin Makes You STUPID!

I learned this weekend that my son-in-law immediately went out and started an affair.  I can understand that a man needs the affirmation and attention from his wife and he was not receiving it.

However, he started the affair with a young lady that works at the Christian School where my grandson goes.  Adding insult to injury. They also text messaged each other 1,200 times (yep that is right and all in three weeks), which have to be paid for since it is not part of their cell phone plan and the girls side of the messages were visible on the cell phone company web site. My daughter says they were quite explicit. Stupid!

I am so disappointed in my son-in-law you can not even imagine.  He really needs prayer!  I spoke with him today and he showed no sense of remorse.  

My son-in-law grew up with no father and I have tried to be a "Father Figure" for him for seven years.  He has never once kept even a small promise that he has made to me, which I have forgiven him for and never brought up.

I told him that just like our Father in Heaven, a Son should have enough respect and healthy fear of disappointing the Father that it will help guide him to do the right thing.  He doesn't get it and I no longer believe I'm in a position to even think about providing any counsel for redemption for his sin or direction for his life.  It is between him and God!

He stupidly involved himself with someone that has access to my grandson.  Being somewhat cynical, watch the news, these love triangles can have very nasty endings.  I have to believe this girl / woman does not demonstrate a Christian walk or exercise good judgment and should not be allowed around any of the children.  My daughter has spoken to the school Director about it and the Director moved the woman to another building.

I called the Director and expressed my concerns for the safety of my grandson and questioned if she thought it was a good idea to have someone on her staff that exhibited such poor judgment.  She said that it happened after work and she didn't think there was anything she could do about it.  I told her that if I was a Mother dropping my child off and thought I had to worry about a staff member hitting on my husband then my child would be gone.  Something like this could have a severe impact on the reputation of the school.

I pray for the right things to say to my daughter and how best to support her and of course my Grandson, who is the innocent victim of their selfish and immature behavior.

Please pray that God will bring my son-in-law to his knees and a personal knowledge of Jesus.  Please pray that my daughter will come back to the church, she says that she doesn't like it because Christians are hypocrites.  And specifically pray for the safety and well being of my grandson.

Thanks!
F Thomas

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 07:41:00 AM »
Prayers Sent

God Bless

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »
More prayers sent and amen to those sent.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
Man Fred my heart and prayers are for you all. We are in kind of a simular situtation in our family right now as well.  I don't think there is a 3rd person involved yet and the key words here are think and yet. I pray my son in-law comesback to Christ before it is all to late. They have 3 kids and one on the way and he can't seem to get past himself.

Why can't we believe God's word?  Why don't we get it, that ALL the answers to the universe are at our disposal but we keep looking every place else for answers except the place where all the answers are.  Sometimes I really wonder if we truly want to know the answer? if we did then we might have to do something about it!

Sorry for my venting, sometimes our lack of the fear of God just overwhelms me!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »
AA/Fred,

You guys and your families are in my thoughts and prayers. There is so much heartache...so many temptations in our world.

We all will stumble and fail...repeatedly because we are by nature sinful and flawed... Still, when it hits close to home and the magnitude of the choices made for both your son in laws...are huge!

There is only so much any of us can do to help others...and God only reaches in to fix when He's invited..He doesn't force. There are times when I wish He did force it... for myself and others...cause I can be pretty knuckleheaded myself at times  :(  

It sounds like in both cases, Surrender, is now the best option for you guys...and we stand with you in prayer for His will to be done...and these people to find the error of their ways to open their hearts to His leading.

Peace...and Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »
Thanks my friend, God is good ALL the time, and I mean ALL the time!

Offline F Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »
Thanks you for your prayers!  It is in the Lord's hands.  I continue to pray for the safety and well being of my grandson and for AA's grandchildren.

Just like AA's grandchildren - the children are innocent victims.  My daughter admits to setting up a situation that helped my son-in-law jump into a pit of sin.  That is healthy in and of itself.

The Word says that the heart is deceitful above all things.  That deceit works with our fleshly desires to "feel good" and can lead to all manners of sin.

Lord if these two men - AA's and my son-in-law could just see and understand the pain they are causing others and how they grieve the Lord.  Their decisions and actions can and will have devastating impact on the children.  

I pray God, please protect the children and give their Mom's extra special wisdom, strength and faith.

Lord, help AA and I to be soft and safe places for our grandchildren that they need as I know they are hurting and confused.  Father God, give us that opportunity every day to be there for them!

In Jesus Name I lift up this prayer!
F Thomas

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »
Amen, Fred...Amen.

Lord, hear our prayers

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »
Amen

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »
Amen brother Fred!

God is good ALL the time! With out going into any detail I just want you guys to know that prayers are already being answerd. My daughter and son in-law have taken the matter to the foot of the cross and are recomitting thier lives to the King of Kings and to each other!

Thank you guys for all your prayers, and special thanks to Doc & Fred for the awesome PM's.

Fred my prayers are still with you and your family!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©