3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ferrules  (Read 372 times)

Offline osageo

• Trad Bowhunter
ferrules
« on: December 19, 2007, 05:54:00 AM »
need to find out where i can purchase 5 degree taper ferrules to put on new broadheads i designed.

Offline numbfinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ferrules
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 06:07:00 AM »
3 rivers and  bowhunters superstore, are two places you could get them.

{ sorry, i was thinking about adapters}

Offline elk ninja

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Never heard of just buying the ferrules.... the problem you'd run into is alignment.  Minute amounts off would translate into wobble along the whole arrow... that said, you could use an adapter and weld those suckers on (although without machinery, I'd imagine you are going to end up with wobble), but you were looking for glue on ferrules....
Mike
>>>--Semper-Fi--->

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
Howard Hill Archery used to sell just the ferrules for the Hill broadheads, not sure if they still do or not but it would be worth checking into.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »
use a old field point, someone did a how-2 on making a BH cut from a saw blade & used a field point as the ferrule.

Offline draco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 11:37:00 PM »
The company that Glen St. Charles son has,(the name escapes me right now) has them. I`ve bought some from them before. They are very nice and very cheap. I had a machine shop make me a drill bit shaped the same as the ferrule. I clamped two pieces of 1/2" aluminum plate together,spaced apart with pieces of my blade material and drilled in the slot to center. Take apart,clamp the ferrule in the groove you drilled,clamp the blade around it,and silver solder it,and your basically done. Perfectly centered every time.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©