INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for a brother in Christ  (Read 1725 times)

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for a brother in Christ
« on: July 20, 2008, 04:06:00 PM »
Please keep Doc Nock in your daily prayers as he continues his job search.  This brother in Christ is always one of the first to respond to our prayer request and now he is in need of our prayers and support during this diffcult time in his life.
In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for a brother in Christ
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
Amen and prayers continue. God's best in your life Doc.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »
Prayers up for you Doc
May God Bless

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
Doc
May our LORD show you the path he has chosen for you my friend.  Place all things in his hands and he will not fail you. Keep you faith and your head held high for the LORD is listening to all our prayers for you

God Bless
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
thanks, guys...its soooo easier to pray for others than myself... I know He knows My needs... and we do "talk"...

...but I sure do appreciate the extra messages on my behalf sent up.  As many have witnessed to here before and will again, in this time of economic challenges, unemployment is such a lonely place and time.  Challenges our very core as males and what we're worth...

Thanks ever so much for your prayers and thoughts... Means so much!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
Prayers and blessings!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
Doc
Hope all is well with you and your Dad.  Prayers contine for both of you.

In HIS service
Dave

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »
Phone interview for a job at the other end of the state this AM at 11. Monday, July 28.

If anyone logs on prior to then, prayers are appreciated.

...but His will, not mine...

Thanks...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 08:35:00 AM »
Prayers all goes well on phone interview.

In HIS service
Dave

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 03:02:00 PM »
Phone interview went well...should know by week's end if I get an onsite in Akron or not.

Went for over 90 min. I'm tired!  :)  But it was sooo nice to have one go well! Not saying anything will come of it, but it was surely good to get in a decent phone interview!

Hung up and got two more calls from jobs applied for WEEKS ago! One to ask "salary range" but that one is pretty far outa my skill set...and another one down B'more MD way that I'd like to learn more about...that last one set up for a phone interview for tomorrow.

Thank you, Jesus! Today was a double blessed day!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
Doc,

Lifting you and your situation up....praying for patience, strength and wisdom. God has a plan for your life and will reveal that path to you in His time. PM or e-mail interview times and I'll be praying. Will be praying for tomorrows interview, what time?
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
Doc
It will happen if it is our LORDS will...

In HIS service
Dave

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »
Thanks, Guys. Just very nice to feel "validated" by having interest starting to surface after 3 months of daily searching out leads, making applications and then doing it again next day.

Today's phone interview for the B'more job is at 3pm to 3:30. Not a long one... they usually come across pretty "tight" and have some gnarly questions and then are in and out. The dear lady yesterday, she and I just sat and talked about issues and procedures and I know she learned more than they usually do in these more "structured phone interviews".

This one today has been open since January 11th...so they're either being very picky, or aren't really sure what they want.  Still, I'm going to spend a few hours preparing today and do my best.  

As you said, Dave..it's God's will, not mine.

Thanks for the continued prayers. You folks are always the best, even when you don't post, I know there are many who read and say a word.

This site has helped many a tired soul carry on.

Thank you all.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »
Sweet! Doc prayers continue.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 07:48:00 AM »
Prayers continue for you Bro.

God Bless

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »
Brother I pray the Lord grants you the desires of your heart!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
Thanks, everyone. It means a lot to come here and get the cheerleading y'all are so good at!   :)  

the prayers are even better...

The Tuesday interview went a bit hooey...they didn't call till 45 min late for the scheduled appt...then asked to back it up another 30...so I did... Phone interview went well till the very end...when I find out almost "BTW" that the job I applied for (and thought I was interviewig for) had been filled, but a somewhat lesser position was open for which I was being interviewed. Not a big difference, just a) I'd played the larger role of coordination in my interview responses and b)there is much more stand up training I would guess, which is ok and I'm decent at that too..just not as good as the other stuff in the other job!    :eek:  

Just felt foolish to not have been told at the gitgo it was for something other'n the one I applied...I'd have responded a bit differently.

the "new" job is pretty cool too.  I should find out tomorrow or monday about whether the first phone interview results in an onsite in Akron, OH, or the 2nd phone interview results in a call to Baltimore for an onsite.

I know which seems more intriguing to me, but either that the Lord would grant would be swell!

Now to get back to keeping applying elsewhere...can't rest. As Kenny Rogers said in the gambler.."plenty of time for counting when the dealin's done"

Again, thanks for all the prayers and support!

You folks rock! And God makes it all possible!   :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Eastern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Doc man.  Out of anyone here in Tradgang you deserve the prayers my friend.  You have ALWAYS been here for EVERYBODY who asks for prayers.  You were even here for mine when I needed them awhile ago.  I was on long term dissability for almost 3 years.  I went back to work in may.  (That is why I have not been here as of late)  I know what it is like to be out of work. I know the situatuin is different but the feeling of being not wanted and useless is always there.  Doc.  you are a loved man by alot of people here and I know you have each and everyone's prayers.  You will find employment.  The "Big Guy) is watching you.  take care from one of God's followers Dave from Nova Scotia
A bad day of hunting is still far better than a good day at work.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »
Well, Mad Buck, fron Nova Scotia, thank you for those very kind words...man, ya make a old guy tear up for sure!

I've been carried here by many more often than I can count, so just "payin it forward" for sure and then wouldn't ya know, ends up I gotta come back over and over to ask again!   :)  

Three wound together makes a chord not easily broken! thank you.

big day tomorrow...flying for the first time in 8 years out to Cleveland, drive to Akron to interview.  One guy is headed away so I had to go a day early, meet w/ him Tues 8AM sharp in Akron, then goof off in Akron all day till Wednesday 9:00 for another corporate interview, then drive 2 hrs back into PA above Pittsburgh for the site tour and interview with the plant VP and head of HR. Won't get to fly home till Thursday AM!

Worst part is trying to figure out with all the new air travel BS how to get my suit, 2 dress shirts and goodies on the plane and not check it lest it be lost! Nightmares!   :)  

God will provide...but I'm agonizing a bit trying to find stuff out and think of everything... and somewhere, I have to review for the interviews!    :eek:  

So thanks for any/all prayers Tuesday AM at 8 and Wednesday all day.

We having fun yet?    :D  

Given up Praises for the interview and for the challenges to keep me humble and realizing WHO is in charge here...sure ain't li'l ole country boy me!   :)  Thank YOU, Jesus!

BTW, Dave, congrats on the job comin back on line for you. Keep it up and lets both:

Keep the Son in our eyes, eh?   :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »
Still got your back Bro! I believe the favor of the Father is with you  ;)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©