INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Heart operation  (Read 1857 times)

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
Heart operation
« on: July 26, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
All,
 Would appreciate prayers for my dad who will be having a valve replacement and 1 bypass done on August 1st at the Veterans Hospital in Columbia, Mo. Be in prayer for the family as we travel as well.
Thanks, John
possumtrot

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Heart operation
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
Prayers on the way from Georgia.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »
Prayers for God's very best.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
Prayers sent, may God guide the doctors hands.

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
Prayers on the way... may God choose, according to His will, to see your Dad through this surgery and restore him to full health. May you find connections and networks to further your search for a wheelchair van for yourself...and wife.

Prayers for blessings and safe travels...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
May God show favor on your Dad!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »
Praying for your Dad....safe travel for the family.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »
Prayers sent....

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
praying for your dad today John and complete recovery in His name<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Eastern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »
You have mine and my family's prayers from Nova Scotia.  Keep praying along with the rest of us.
A bad day of hunting is still far better than a good day at work.

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
If you would, continue to pray for my dad. The post operative condition is not good. I just got back from the VA in columbia, Mo and he had not waken up since last Friday when I left. The heart operation went well but due to my dad's smoking all of his life and working in the coal mines have deterred his ability to breath on his own. He has been on a ventilator and they have been working it down. I called my sister today and he opened his eyes for a short time and responded to some verbal commands which is a big step. But he has a long way to go and the situation is very delicate. Like a bunch of you, my dad has always been my hero and it breaks my heart to see him in this condition. I have done a lot of crying. For all you vets out there I would highly recommend the VA hospital in Columbia, Mo. Top notch people that I will always be thankful for...john
possumtrot

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
John,

You've got it brother. Prayers to continue.  Sometimes our life choices make it harder for us to heal, but then it drives home the point our dependence is 100% on Christ! Totally! In all things.

Lord, in your Mercy, hear our prayers for John's dad's recovery!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »
Continued Prayers lifted up for your Dad.....
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »
Talked to my sister last night and the doctors are going to remove the ventilator from my dad this morning. He has improved much in the last day or so. Continue to pray for a quick recovery...John
possumtrot

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »
Father God, we thank you for your open ears to hear our pleas, and prayers. Thank you for your healing touch, through your miraculous, and sometimes simple ways. We praise you for what you have done so far with John's father and ask that you continue to heal him. Let him be strong enough to easily breath on his own, without the ventilator. Help his surgery to continue to make his heart function as it should. Be with the Drs, nurses, and staff, guiding them with your Holy Spirit. Let your sweet gentle Spirit, give the assurance and comfort to John, his family, and friends. In Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
Amen, prayers continue
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
Talked to my sister this morning and dad is doing well. He is off of the ventilator but he is still disoriented due to the medication. It might be a couple more days before his head clears. Thank you so much for all of the prayers... John
possumtrot

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »
We're not done prayin over yer Dad till he's back on his 2 feet and tellin you what's what!  :)

Great to hear things are progressing nicely.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our continued prayers for our brother's Father, who's in your loving care. Amen

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »
Just a praise! My dad will be going home Tuesday! His health has improved dramitically and I was able to talk to him yesterday on the phone. Again, thanks for all of the petitions that were offered up...john
possumtrot

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
Praise God! Glad for you and your family.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©