INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayer -Job Stuff (updated)  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Prayer -Job Stuff (updated)
« on: August 01, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
Wow...as of 20 min ago, I got the CALL! Thank you, Jesus!!! Whew! The gal called to ask if I could come to Akron OH for interviews there adn then drive to the plant in PA to also interview there.  It's going to be a whirlwind time, for an old guy!  :)  But this is sooo exciting!  :)

They might have to postpone for a week due to one Corporate Exec is headed to vacation! Might be 2nd week in August...

Not heard from the B'more job, but it is early.  
Just so they dont' end up both wanting me at THEIR place on the same time frame! Yikes!  :)

I'll thank any who read and said a prayer and for Stickshooter's special posted one... timing was GREAT!  :)

Thank you, Lord. Thank you unseen friends and prayer warriors!

Hey...

Just a bit nervy today. Today is the day the one phone interviewer said I should hear about a decision to either bring me into Akron OH for a face to face, or ...not.

And the other job said 4-5 days so it could be today as well...

Just a tired ole brother being a bit worried and nervous...trying hard to accept it's all in God's control, but I truly think if it be His will, I'd like the opportunity for the nuclear plant OD job north of Pittsburgh best!

Amidst all the large needs here on this forum, for our continued prayers, this almost seems trivial, but if you folks have a moment...    :)  

Thanks.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayer -Job Stuff (updated)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
Amen! Prayers sent brother<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
Amen!! Prayers continuing

God Bless

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
Praise OUR LORD, now get on that plane and go get em.  You will be close to my home towm. Will continue to pray for you my brother.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »
As a friend of ours taught us to say, Dave - It makes my heart smile!
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »
Father God,

I thank you so much for your love, grace, patience, and forgiveness. Father forgive me of my selfishness, and the lack of devotion in seeking you on a daily basis. Hear my prayer Lord, as it is in intervention for one your faithful followers Dave. Lord I thank you for him, and his uplifting emails, and prayers he selflessly gives.

Lift him up, providing the assurance, peace, and comfort, that you are watching over him and the job situations. Guide him with your Holy Spirit, giving him knowledge and wisdom in your will, concerning the job you have for him. Provide him answers, and words to come out of his mouth without having to think, when it comes to answering the replying to the phone interview.

Thank you Father for listening to our prayers, and already having the answers ahead of time.

In Jesus name I ask and pray these things, Amen.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »
AMEN and AMEN
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
Amen & prayers continue
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
Thanks, Guys! I really do appreciate the prayers.

Things heated up as the day went on... many, many calls back and forth...changing times, travel, etc.

Some of the interviewers turned out to not be able to make the original dates...now I have to fly out Monday, one interview Tues AM at 8AM, then nothing all day Tues, lay over for another interview Wed at 9:30...then drive 2 hrs back to PA to the plant where this position would be assigned to interview with 2 people there...then drive to Pittsburgh to stay over another night and fly out Thursday!

Got kinda complicated! Sure hope this might work out!   :)    I've not flown in YEARS and have to find out what I can even take along! Was planning to just do a small carry on with a suit and be done...but...now I have to plan on 4 days on the ground!   ;)  

This ole country boy gonna be jet settin for a few!   :)  

Prayers Tues and Wed much appreciated. Rental cars, driving all over finding places and then interviewing!    :saywhat:      :eek:  

I be one tired puppy when I get home...but always a chance the B'more position might want me to come visit next week too...Ruh roh...    :help:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 08:03:00 AM »
Prayin for strength for you Doc
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
Doc,

Prayers sent for peace, strength and God's leading...that He will show you the door He is opening for you.

Good Luck Brother....make sure you got no loose b-heads rattlin around in the luggage..you might end up getting to know the TSA real personal..lol

Praying in Indiana

Terry
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »
Thanks, Gents!

Terry, I had to laugh. No broadheads! No toenail clippers...cause Im going to try to get through with a garment bag as carry on. I spent the ENTIRE weekend on internet looking on the "do this-Don't do that" sites!

Man, what a mess!  :)   I found out how to find the car rental (gotta take a shuttle) and supposedly, my "garment bag" supposedly meets measurements to be carry on so the suit, shirts, ties, shoes, and some personal stuff are all ready to go! Printed the boarding pass, called to make sure my room's reserved for late arrival... and in 3 hrs...we head out to the airport!  :)

What an adventure. One thing for sure, if an offer would come from all this, it will be totally GOD's will... cause this is way over my head to go through and be shiny in an interview!   :wavey:    :D

Thanks for the prayers... It's good to know I'm linked up with such stoudt prayer warriors all over!

You guys and gals rock!

Keep the Son in yer eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »
Prayers continue for you Bro!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
Well, got some praise reports!

No job offer, but God was surely evident in so many ways on this trip!!

the trip went pretty well, and thankfully, I'd checked on a bunch of stuff...cause the directions weren't right...so I didn't get tangled up and all went ok.

They changed a bunch of my schedule around once on the ground...but even that was a benefit to me! Thank you, Lord!

It'd have been easy to get rattled, with all the changes, but God was present and used the changes to give me time and provide extra important informations that will help.

I had 3 interviews at Corporate, now will fly back next Thursday to the plant to interview witht he VP there and another person.  I learned that might not be that simple, but if God wants this, he'll guide my lips and heart!

It ain't over by a long shot, but God kept me wrapped in His arms through the whole process. Amazing what He can/will do when we just sit down and shut up for a bit!   :)  

Thank you, Lord.

If things go well next week... then...just maybe, an offer will result!

Thanks for everyone's prayers. Keep em coming! We ain't there yet!   :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »
Thank you Lord for your known presence with Dave and his trip. We praise you for your protection, and loving comfort. Continue to guide and direct him with your Holy Spirit, providing him with knowledge of your will, and your path to take him there. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »
Amen. Thank you BOFF for your prayers. You put them into words in ways I wish I could.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »
More prayers on the way from Georgia.

Dave

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
All your prayers are things of beauty to me!

Thank you, one and all for your loving spirit and support!

I'd not be this far in the process, were it not for God's love and assistance, aided by all your prayers.

This upcoming trip, will be the final gauntlet, I believe. If I can pass muster with the retired Navy plant VP of Operations, I should move forward.

Leaving Wednesday next and interview Thursday AM, fly back that Thursday afternoon.

I hope you all know what your prayers mean to me now and in the past. Incredible! Thank You, all, from my heart!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
May God give you grace with all.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
Amen!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©