3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cascade Nighthawk  (Read 509 times)

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Cascade Nighthawk
« on: December 19, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
I need opinions - good and bad (if any). I really like the phenolic riser and am considering the 56" bow. I've heard good things about the fit and finish, the durability should be great, and the price is not bad. I have read that the grip is a little large and I will ask Mr. Gorr if that can be reduced. Anyone with experience please let me know what you think.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline bearfootin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cascade Nighthawk
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
Hey Danny, do they have a web-site?  Thanx,..Lloyd
GIT -R- DONE

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
The web-site is:  www.cascadebow.com
Basically the bows are the same as the Check-mate line and most, if not all, are made by the same bowyer. Although some models are offered by Cascade (such as the Nighthawk) and not by Check-mate and vice versa. Give 'em a look. I think you'll agree they are pretty. - Danny

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
TTT for the night-shift. Any thoughts, anyone...

Offline jonesy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »
I shoot a 48" goldenhawk mag it is one nice peice of work and it shoots very well, no finger pinch and realy sends an arrow right were you look.jonesy

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
The grip on my 56" checkmate was too big for me but I have small hands.Marc was going to cut it down some real cheap $50.00 I think but the sight window was also too small for me.Sold it and got a Bob Lee perfect grip.Loved the looks of the bow but did not fit me I think the 58" Hunter II would be better for me with a smaller grip.Kip

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
The Cascade is a fine line of bows and Steve Gorr is wonderful to talk with and deal with. (He is also a very accomplished trad hunter that has been at this sport for many years.)

I believe there is no better bow made for the archer who wants a recurve in the 48"-52" lengths.
Lon Scott

Offline Scott S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »
The grip on my Cascade Golden Hawk Mag seems to fit my small hands just fine.  I've held an all-phenolic Nighthawk, but never shot one before.  The all-phenolic sure increases the mass weight (good or bad depending on individual preference).
"The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered." Gen 9:2

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
I have the night hawk 52" and a 58" golden hawk. The 58" is quite a bit faster and smoother than the 52" and has the same riser as the 56" just longer limbs. I modified my grip for the 52" to make it a little smaller I think Steve would do that for you if you asked. He does that to his own bows, that is were I got the idea. The phenolic really makes a steady bow but not to heavy. You can't go wrong with one they are very dependable.

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
Thanks all. I'm really tired of "trying" bows, I've shot enough to know what I want and what I like in a bow. I haven't tried them all and can't. I know that you can spend $1000-$1200 and have a real shooter. Personally, I just want something that fits me, that's tastefull and accurate. Just like most folks I will always play with different bows for fun. Right now what I really want is to find that perfect fit (or close to it).
1) I like phenolic for it's stability and understated beauty. Black diamond-wood also.
2) I like bows around 56 - 58", the right mix of shootability and manuverability.
3) I want the practicality of a take-down.
All of this and stable and shootable. Quite a list. That's why I turn to my friends here. I know I can have it as stated before for $1000-$1200, Mr. Gorr's Nighthawk goes for $690.

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
I feel I must explain my post. I have a couple of RER's and they are top notch, functional works or art. This bow would be without exotic woods and veneers. I know that Kevin can build anything I want, just thinking of giving other's a chance. Variety is the spice of life, but after this acquisition I hope to settle down a while.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by jonesy:
I shoot a 48" goldenhawk mag it is one nice peice of work and it shoots very well, no finger pinch and realy sends an arrow right were you look.jonesy
i shot this bow, and at 64# @ 24" this thing smokes!....at a 26-27" draw it is trying to take yer arm off getting it back....god knows how much weight you are pulling....an incredible bow....Amen Brother....Amen....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©