INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Praise God for His protection  (Read 1175 times)

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Praise God for His protection
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »
I wrote for almost an hour earlier, and lost my post. I've been home from the hospital for about 5 hours.

In the nutshell: Collision with a driver who lost control of his truck, and swerved into my lane yesterday evening. Taken to hospital in neck brace, and strapped to a board. Been in hospital to check on abdominal pain and bloating.

God was definitely with me, as he showed his presence throughout the whole ordeal. He provide me comfort, peace, and assurance that everything would be ok.  He had friends call friends who had seen the accident and been in the right location while driving to do so. He had people by the phone to hear my needs and answer my calls. He had my wallet appear from know where, in the seat of my truck, after a friend had already been through the truck completely, removing and drying stuff. He had my phone call my wife on her cell phone, though I remember dialing my wife at home, as I knew she was at home cooking supper- the house phones were out due to bad weather. There is more, but I am tired and exhausted.

Thank you Lord for your protection, hands of healing, smooth transitions in the hospital, friends who left work to pick up tools and supplies scattered on the road, minimal pain and soreness today. Thank you for hearing my plea of "Protect me Lord" "Protect me Lord" after the truck hit me, and I started spinning around and around. Thank you Lord for your eternal Salvation through your son Jesus. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Picture links of truck. I didn't know how bad it was until this afternoon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/BOFF/100_3295.jpg
 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/BOFF/100_3296.jpg
 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/BOFF/100_3298.jpg
 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/BOFF/100_3308.jpg
 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/BOFF/100_3299.jpg
 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/BOFF/100_3301.jpg
 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/BOFF/100_3300.jpg

Offline Ray_G

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Praise God for His protection
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »
Thank you Lord for hearing David's call for your hand of protection and for sparing him!

David, he knows your heart and your plan and obviously, it is not complete.  I pray that you heal quickly and completely.  Keep us updated.

How is the other driver (occupants)?

Ray
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26"  "Destiny"

B.H.A.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 07:34:00 AM »
Praise God!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »
Amen. Praying for God's loving presence, healing, and comfort through this.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »
Wow Bro you are a blessed man, you can't tell me that God is not in the buisness of doing miracles because I believe you have just experiecned one, Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ray_G:
Thank you Lord for hearing David's call for your hand of protection and for sparing him!

David, he knows your heart and your plan and obviously, it is not complete.  I pray that you heal quickly and completely.  Keep us updated.

How is the other driver (occupants)?

Ray
Ray, the other driver was going to a small church, close to our farm/shop (where I work) and was recently saved this Monday. The church had a revival from Monday through Wednesday. The driver's son also accepted Christ as well!

The driver in the past had broken his neck. The accident didn't stop him from getting back to church, but he did say he was feelings poorly in the shoulders, and neck area the next day.

Please keep him in your prayers as well. He called and talked to me in the hospital. I told him God works in mysterious ways, and had he not hit me, he may have gone off the embankment, where he was headed, and might not be here today. We just never know how or why God uses us, but always know it is for the good, and to his Glory.   ;)  

Praise God I am feeling the same minimal soreness and pain.

God Bless, David B.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »
Amen, prayers for his healing.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »
Dude...and just moments ago you wrote about jumpin up and down with joy for me...don't do that!  :)

glad it worked out. God is something huh? If we but get outa the way, he always seems to handle things... and you know what I'm talking about.

Prayers for complete healing for you and the oncoming driver... peace, power and patience. Your ride is toast... but it's only material goods...

Keep the Son in your eyes! Thank You, Lord, for protecting our brother!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Ray_G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 01:15:00 AM »
David,

How are you coming along?  Have you heard how the other man is doing?  Still holding you two up in prayer.

Ray
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26"  "Destiny"

B.H.A.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 07:45:00 AM »
Prayers continue

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ray_G:
David,

How are you coming along?  Have you heard how the other man is doing?  Still holding you two up in prayer.

Ray
Doing fine. A little sore, with my right knee popping. The other gentleman is doing well as fine. Thanks for the continued prayers!!

God Bless, David B.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
Prayers continue for both of you...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
David, I have been offline working out my orders and trying to recover alot of issues, I am so sorry to hear of this just now but so thankful you are ok as well as the others involved.
Driving a truck up here professionally for most of my adult life, I know all too well and count my blessings daily. Never had an accident but came close at times avoiding crazy drivers and wondered how God worked them all out. Also seen alot of bad ones and from your pics, it could have been worse and amazing how God protects.

Please keep us posted on your recovery and will be praying for all of you and thankful you are all ok.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©