INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Onesty In Need of Your Prayers, Again  (Read 5112 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Onesty In Need of Your Prayers, Again
« on: August 21, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »
Some of you will recall a few years back, your prayers brought a scared young (very special) Granddaughter home to her family. Now my precious Onesty is in more serious need of prayers from all directions. It is very hard for me to talk about so I have not rushed to this prayer thread (a few closer ones knew). Not because of vanity but because she is so deep in my heart, and I am so helpless. Onesty has had a nervous breakdown and there is much more to it than that. I never thought she would be the one but it seems the strongest appearing are the most susceptible. It has evolved/escalated into "cutting" and she is now in a hospital in Goldsboro (a few towns away) under observation, testing etc. It is also hard on her Mom (and imediate family ) as she now has the three Greatgrandchildren (and Lord knows her own nerves are not the very strongest in this old world). Please send your prayers up for this sweet young lady and her family. I talked to her on the phone last night and she is trying hard. We will visit Friday, if all goes as planned.

As Doc Nock said in a message to me, "The Lord knows her needs." May His blanket of protection be spread to encompass them all in this scary and very uncertain matter/time. Amen

Thank you for reading, one and all. Bless you all, bless us all.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Onesty In Need of Your Prayers, Again
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »
Prayers for Onesty right away

God Bless

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:45:00 AM »
ber643
I pray with empathy as my daughter has had similar issues. I found the scars from her cutting herself 18 years ago. She decended into a life of alcohol and drugs, living on the street, rape, and God only knows what else. But this weekend I received this e-mail from her so there is hope in a Gracious God.
 "didnt seriously plan on moving but the folks/church have been so good to us. the lord blessed bob with a job w/i 2 hrs of hitting town. we've been just enveloped w the church. the change has stripped the devil out of us...am sure this is what he and i need in order to heal."
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »
May God's grace and mercy break the bonds of the evil one and may the freedom of the Son restore Onesty to be the daughter of the King of Kings as He has planned!!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »
God bless you three for such quick response - and God bless your daughter and her family,BenBow; may their path become increasingly easier and clearer.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »
Prayers continue, amigo.

Lord in your mercy...hear our prayers for Onesty
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Pluck Yew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
Prayers sent from Michigan...
Give 'em the bird!

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »
It is so difficult to watch someone that you love go through these situations. I will be praying for her and the family and everyone involved in the healing process.... John
possumtrot

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »
Prayers for peace and healing of the souls of your family, friend. Let the Creator show Onesty the truth that she is loved and worthy, by the mere fact that He has created her out of His love.

She has her own special path, and I hope that her dancing steps will soon make it shine, and cause the Creator to smile.
Killdeer  :campfire:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
Thank you, John and pt, and thank you, my dear friend, Killie. She can shine soooooooo bright but right now her light is flickering dangerously. She was so afraid, she told her Mom that her Popa (me) wouldn't love her anymore now. My heart screamed out in my chest, when Lois told me that. Onesty forgot, for a bit, in the dim light, that I never stopped loving her mother, and had promised her (Onesty) that I would never stop loving her either. I might not approve of some things that happen in their lives but my love will always be there for them when they want or need it. She knows it again now, bless her heart.

We go to visit her tomorrow.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »
Safe travels, today, Bernie and return well rested and reassured God's working in Onesty's life for the better.

I pray the Holy Spirit bring peace to hear soul and open the eyes of her heart to see all the love here among those around her and especially to see that which God feels...such unconditional love like we have a hard time fathoming!

Keep the Son in your eyes.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
We visited Onesty for a couple hours today. Good trip but 2 hours away so makes a six hour trip.
Wouldn't have not gone for all the world though. She looked good (except for the scary and heart wrenching, for me, scars), and her attitude was good. She of course, misses her babies but at least she realized she was not in condition to be with them at this time. We took some pictures of the kids, which they had forgotten to do, and soon I will print this thread out and take, or snail mail, it to her.

She had a hard time to let go of either Rose or me on the first and last hugs (but then, so did we).

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
Good Lord Bernie I know how your feeling. Prayers continue for you and your wife, Onesty, her parents, and her children.
My daughter has lost all of her children but she knows they are better where they are and she gets to see them regularly.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »
The slips we mortals make that upset and damage our lives so badly can be unbelievably hard on ourselves and those around us.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline C2@TheLibrary

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 01:11:00 AM »
Prayers sent from Indiana, Remember Semper Fidelis is God's motto to us as well as our motto to God, Country, Each Other, our Families and our Friends, Rest in the Bossom of the Lord and under the wings of the Almighty and Knolw He is Able and Willing to do all that is required.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 06:20:00 AM »
Semper Fidelis, C2 ("Always Faithful" to the few left who are not aware of the meaning of the Marine Corps motto, "Semper Fi"). A good expression of thought indeed, thank you.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »
Can't add much to Curtiss' statements there...that pretty well sums it up.

Prayers continue. Keep the Son in your eyes, Bernie!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
Still thinking about you, Rose, Onesty and the kids, Bernie. Tap into the strength that God gave you all, and remember that love heals...Lord, you all have so much love!

Killdeer  :campfire:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »
We do have that love, Killie, if nothing else, and the Lord has blessed us in so many ways. We took a high chair over to Lois' Today for Markel to eat in. A good (real nice) friend of theirs was baby sitting, since Lois was at work. The kids are doing well it seems (and they like that young lady - she's about Onesty's age) but they were still glad to see us for a little while too.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 03:15:00 AM »
Contnuing prayers sent from Georgia.

In HIS serivce
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©