INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for dying friend -Update-Funeral went well  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for dying friend -Update-Funeral went well
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
I've shared about my dear old neighbor, Jack Miller, in Centre County, PA. I'd posted how he fought bladder cancer for over 10 years, losing first his bladder, then a kidney.

Now it's gone to his lymph system and he's had one infection after another.

I spoke with him on Saturday by phone in the hospital. He was re-admitted with breathing problems and he was very weak. He kept saying "goodbye" to me.  That troubled me and today, his 82 year old wife of 63 years called to say they called and he is in total liver and kidney failure.

It's a 2.5 hr. drive and I can't make it in time.  He isn't knowing family even now.

Please pray with me for God to hold this dear man in His loving arms and carry him home. Be with this loving family and his wife who's cared for and then buried every neighbor around where they live and now will bury her husband.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for dying friend -Update-Funeral went well
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
Just said a prayer for your friend and you.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
Prayers on the way from Georgia.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
Prayers for comfort and God's loving grace.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »
More prayers from Michigan!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »
I just said a prayer for you and all. May the Lord hold you in his grace and care at this time.
Oh, we can't even imagine the awesome feeling Jack will have meeting our Lord.... Amen

Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 11:15:00 PM »
Prayers sent Doc.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »
Prayers sent

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »
82 year old wife Louise and her daughter my age and a niece were in with Jack all night...he was miserable, out of his mind that comes near the end...today, they gave him sedatives to quiet the thrashing and angst...

End times approaching. Breaks my heart to not be there...but this job mess has my back against the wall, so I'm holding out $$ to make the trip for the funeral and to support louise when everyone else goes home...

Jack and I got to visit on the phone Saturday and after he said good-bye the 7th time, I realized something was being said not stated. He knew...  :(

Thanks for the prayers for his bride, Louise, their kids, Brian, Wanda and Ron...and all the grandkids.  Jack kicked cancer's butt for 10 good years after the bladder was affected...but it's still hard to let him go... kinda came sudden and hard here at the end.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
Praying for Jack and Louise, all the family.
Such a difficult trial for everyone but do pray for comfort.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 02:12:00 PM »
Got a call from Brian, Jack's son... I'd shared how sometimes our loved ones linger feeling they should...and how I told Mom a couple years ago, "It's ok, mom, you can go when you're ready" and that night she passed.

Brian said he thought about my words, spoke quietly with his Dad and within a short time, Jack quietly passed on.

Prayers for Louise, Brian, Wanda, Ronnie and the grandkids.. Louise is going to be lost without her partner of 62 years.

Lord in your Mercy...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 04:52:00 AM »
Prayers sent for the family during this difficult time.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »
Thanks, Terry.

The funeral was yesterday. It was a hard 3 hr drive from here to the backcountry of Huntigdon County, PA.  

Ole Jack was laid out as he lived...dungarees, blue suspenders, flannel shirt and his ole grodie "hat" by his side.

I'd asked Louise on the phone if we were going to put his "hunting license" in with him...she'd said, "well, he paid for them...!" And there they were...

I had taken a wing feather of my first ever spring gobbler this year...Jack loved turkey hunting..only ever got a rare few...but he was dilgent. Louise said to go ahead and put the feather in with him...

Dad went along... tough ride on his 86 year old bones...we stopped a few times... but he did well.

Jack's Navy Pilot grandson did a masterful job of "saying a few words". I tried to consider it, but couldn't keep it together.  :(  Big sissie...but his son Brian told me he couldn't either... We knew "Pap" knew...as did Louise...what was on our hearts.

Thanks for the many prayers for their family. I was "adopted" having only been a neigbhor...but they were like 2nd parents to me for many years.

I watched the eldest son struggle very hard...he's been pretty "absent" as he and Jack kinda "rubbed" at times... and now regret slammed him hard!

Christ said to love God and love our neighbors...I'm guessin that means even relatives, etc. that are pills to take... so if you've got an estranged relationship out there, "git er done". We just never know...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©