INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: To Doc Nock, C2 and everyone else.  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
To Doc Nock, C2 and everyone else.
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »
I am praying for all the sick, afflicted and mourning on this site everyday. Just want you to know that I'm not giving up and neither should you. Someday I want us to get together even if all we can do is go after our limit of stumps. Your more than internet pals your my Christian brothers and sisters and like the Bible tells us I love you in my heart.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: To Doc Nock, C2 and everyone else.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »
BAck at ya, George!

We all hit rough spots...sometimes beyond our belief! And yet, through it all, I wonder if it is just God checkin our pulse to see if we think we're in charge...or still remember HE IS!

:)

Thanks for the encouragement, especially at a time when I know things are rather challenging in your corner as well.  Thanks for your brotherly love.

As long as we keep each other in prayers, we're all together daily!  :)

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
Back at you from me too
Thank you and God Bless you richly and beyond measure.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
Continuing to lift you all up.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 01:08:00 AM »
Let's all post all that has "Gone South" in our lives and then List our Blessings to show that the Blessings outweigh the troubles.
In the last year and a little more time I have lost 2 jobs. I've had months of unemployment. I've been told that the 3 months of Unemployment Insurance payments I recieved after the first job have tio be paid back. That's $4K I don't have. I had everything in my storage unit stolen. Way too much stuff to list; but some was irreplaceable. My Father has slipped into dementia as part of his Parkinson's Disease and no longer remembers me. I am in arrears with my child support and student loans (both debts that you can not declare bankruptcy on) I have $21.00 in my checking account. My car needs at least a new head gasket and and over haul. I'm afraid it will sit in the backyard until the pistons set in the block if I don't get a good jonb soon. My phone has been disconnected. I'm soon to be homeless if I don't pay rent.
I have reasonable health, even though I have had 2 heart attacks my heart has minimal scarring and I am healthy enough to work 60 hours a week. I can walk a few miles a day at a decent pace. I'm still fairly strong on limb at 47 even though I am not as strong as I was just 10 years ago because of the open heart surgury. I have the energy and drive to succeed. I have literally thousands of people praying for me everyday. I have salvation even though I am a sinner and deserve a fate worse than death I accepted a gift freely given by a God that loves me like I am the only person in the World to Love(the same as he loves us all).I have all of you brothers and sisters in the Lord. I have my bows and my arrows and the Great Cathedral that is the Woods and Waters and Mountains and Planes of this Wonderful Land. I live in the Land of the Brave and Home of the Free. I have my vote and my rights and the will to use them all and stand for what I believe. I have Love in my heart for my friends and family and for strangers I have seen be nothing less than noble to those around them.I have friends that are generous beyond understanding. I have frioends that are better friends to me than I have been to them. Even though I am the type of friend I want my friends to be. I have had people I don't even know be Jesus to me and give me money, computers,broadheads, tabs, and other things just to help me introduce others to this past time we all love so much. I am RICHLY BLESSED!For I am more than a conquerer through Christ. I am not Job's equal but I will not fail this test of faith. One last blessing, I still mysteriously still have my internet connection so that I can post this and let you all know I still pray pray for you too.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »
Thanks C2
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 07:35:00 AM »
You are all my extended family and love you as such.

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
Most here know the few trials and disappointments I've enjoyed. I had to smile reading C2's listings...I've managed to also have 2 jobs in the past 10 months... one went away with economics...the second I had for only 4 short weeks, never got to start, and was in the process of moving there after finding a place to live when the job was elminated before I started.

Amidst that, I managed to keep my current place, even though I'd given notice. The owner where I rented my new place returned my deposits fully! I've lost hundreds, not thousands as a result! I have a few weeks of unemployment left.

There are many things to focus on negative, but I'm trying to learn that walking in faith cannot be done if one focuses on the losses! Faith means believing in what can't be seen and trusting beyond imagination.

That is the hardest lesson I'm still learning... trusting while continuing to do what is humanly possible. A tightrope at times between being engaged fully and not starting to believe it's MY efforts that will create the changes needed... they're my JOB to do...but I have to totally rely on God.

I vascilate on that last one... and take on way too much responsibility for the 'outcomes' so that I crash and burn when those plans don't play out positively.

Like C2, I have made friends here I'll likely never meet...not just "associates" but true friends, too many to name. God fearing, God loving people who reach out at just the right time to keep me centered. I'm rich in that way alone!

God's also given me people I can reach out to and "pay it forward" time to time...using the lessons God's help me survive to help others find direction... How blessed is that!?!  :)  

While starting to show the signs of aging, I managed temporary health insurance for a catastrophy...just can't use it readily as that makes any treatment, "pre-exisiting". Still blessed to have something in the event of a major problem.

For the first time in my life, to quote a friend, I'm truly afraid for my country, but while things might falter, even fail in my lifetime, God is forever, unchanged and immortal and His will shall prevail.

I consider myself rich and blessed in many ways and am ashamed for the times where I bottom out and wallow in self pity and fear.

Working hard to keep the Son in my eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 02:38:00 AM »
OK as fair as this friends will "never" meet I have an idea. Let's start organizing a Praise the Lord and Shoot Some Arrows Weekend. Camp out, share a campfire and coffee, pray in person together, fling some arrows and share hunting stories, sing and dance and make a joyous noise unto the Lord. My vote is to do it this Spring before turkey season or during and we could maybe incorporate a turkey hunt into it to. Heck I don't know let's brainstorm and have this Praise and Archery Weekend. What do you think?
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »
c2 I would love that. Count me in. I will brainstorm and post on here in a day or so. I am visiting my grandchildren and helping my son with a BBQ and church auction this weekend.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
You have a full life, George. Thanks for sharing the positive side of family life in your world!

Prayers continue for employment for all those looking and seeking His will and guidance in finding productive jobs!

I, too, posted to the other thread... I'm in...but vicariously. No way to travel-- period!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »
Like I said in the other thread Doc we can do it in your neck of the woods. bring the mountain to you so to speak. Spring is 6 months away and no planning has been do yet. Don't count yourself out until you know more. Or are you afraid to meet us?  :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
Where ever and when ever is fine wih me. Would love to meet my brothers and sisters in CHRIST from tradgang...

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
Hmmm...now that you mention it Curtiss... I might just be fearfilled!

Ya stinker... :)  just the harsh realities of it all weighin in...

You've made a good point... Just feel like the hole is deep enough it will take a good while to dig out... and for the first time in my life, I'm afraid for our Country...period. And what it means to us all!

Time to brush off the Faith and keep smiling. Thanks for the reality check!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
Doc:
I feel we NEED to make this happen. Too many of us have been flinching from the blows so to speak. I plan on meeting ya'll (That means youse guys to my northern buddies)in the spring. Uhh you do know how to fix sweet tea don't you? :>)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©