INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: wife + 6 lost dad and husband today  (Read 1103 times)

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
wife + 6 lost dad and husband today
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
I have a friend of mine who just lost his son-in-law today. Dan Ewing 31 years old, passed away from complications of heart surgery. this young man has left behind 6 children (age 6 oldest)and his wife is expecting #7 in December.I am asking for prayers.
  also if any of you feel led to contibute to the family and the upcoming financial burden please contact me and I can see that takes place.
God bless!!!!   [email protected]
570-837-5658
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: wife + 6 lost dad and husband today
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »
Sorry to hear that Brad... The world sure has it's share of tragedy. I guess that is why we're called to be in "community."

I'll keep them in prayer. If things even out after the end of the month, I'll send a few $$ along to add to the kitty.

Folks... Brad doesn't come here a lot, but let me vouch for his honesty in all this. I met him through this forum...we've become good friends over the last couple years and I was honored to be invited to his "ordination" and reception up state last November, I believe.

Since then, Brad's time has been more limited as his work with youth and the church in general have taken more and more time.  His heart is never far from helping others...

Brad, perhaps a local bank would set up a "fund" that would take you out of the middle and allow for broader donations to a 3rd party financial source to hold the funds?
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »
doc.....you are always there with a kind word, the ones of such I am so undeserving....give the Lord the credit.
for now, because I am getting asked where to send donations.
Brad Brought
945 Paxtonville Rd
Middleburg, PA 17842
mark them "Lisa"
I can't begin to tell you all what a blessing your prayers and support is/ and will be for the family!!!!!! Lord bless and keep you all!!!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
Prayers of Very Close Comfort from Jesus
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »
here is an email address directly set up for for helping out the family, thanx folks!

[email protected]

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »
Prayers sent

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
Brad,

What is the purpose of the email? Is that to send encouragement to the family? Are you going to let this grow a few days and then email them a link to this?

As for "undeserved" comments...bubba, ya gotta open yourself to His leading and you've done that!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
I was given this email from a mutual friend that has been in contact with the wife, I told our friend that i tried to open an account at a local bank for the family, (the bank was not overly helpful) I was told to give this email out....I would suggest an email to them through this email above and discus your intentions and or sympathy. I know they will be out of reach for a day or so. if this does not work, get a hold of me and I can try to redirect you. I don't mean to appear so vague. they live in WV, she is from central PA, and things are still kinda sketchy. also I am trying to do as much as possible for them without intervention on thier grieving time.... I appologize, please just be in prayer, and do as you are led. again thanx ssssoooo much for all the support.!!!!!!

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »
If anyone decides to have a fund raiser, or donate a bow for a raffle....please do not let us/me know about it. just do what ever you are led to do, and and just do the donation.
thanx for understanding.

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »
I am deeply sorry to hear of such a loss. Continued prayers sent for their friends and family.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
That is sad and he was so close to my age. Prayers are sent in hopes of his wife getting the help she needs and finding peace after such a loss.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©