INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for Pop  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for Pop
« on: November 17, 2008, 10:24:00 AM »
Just got home last evening after a few days ministering to my dear ole friend, Louise, who lose her husband Jack of 62 years, in Sept.

I spent a few days ostensibly hunting out the end of bow season, but it rained a lot so I got to hang with Louise.

Came home to have a message from my Dad, 86, that he was passing blood and fooling around w/ calling the doctor...so into the ER we go. Thought it might be his coumadin, but it was ok...so it's something else. Now they have to knock back the coumadin in his blood to do a colonoscopy to find out what's wrong.

Prayers it's something simple and we can get Pop home soon for the holidays and all back to what passes for normal at his age and health...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for Pop
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »
Dave, your father and your family are in my prayers.(nut)
Rich Potter

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »
Amen Prayers sent
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 07:27:00 AM »
Prayers for you Dad.

God Bless

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
Prayers for healing for Dad and blessings for you!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
Thanks, Guys!

He's not had any more bleeding since...but they are dropping his coumadin levels, giving him Vit K to kill it off and then today finally started the "clean out" procedures for him to get a colonoscopy tomorrow...ugh. At 86, that has to be tough...  :(

We both appreciate the prayers.  Hopefully, they find it was something minor exacerbated by the coumadin therapy...and that they can snip, clip or fix whatever "let go" in his GI tract and he can get back to normal for the holidays!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »
Prayers continuing

God Bless

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 08:23:00 AM »
Dave, Prayers up for your Dad and you.

Prayin Hard in Pa
                                       Craig

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
Father God,

We thank you for what you have done, what you are going to do, and just for who you are. May our words be pleasing to you ears, and our actions be pleasing in your sight.

Heavenly Father, we lift up Dave's dad to you, for you to lay your healing hands upon him. Help his health problems to be simple, and easily fixed. Let the colonoscopy go well, with no complications.

Be with Dave and his care for his father. Give him wisdom, knowledge, energy, and strength to help in this situation. Surround both of them with your love, comfort and everlasting peace.

In Jesus name we claim and ask these things, Amen

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »
Thanks everyone. Thanks for the special prayer, David!

Got word the colonoscopy went well...found some hemmorhoids up inside and small diverticuli (?)that "likely" caused the bleeding.

I'm waiting for the roto rooter doc to call...want to try to get HIM to encourage my dad to use fiber stuff, but dad hates to be bothered to do anything like mix up a drink...  :)

He's something... Found out he's still sending off $$ to these fortune tellers and heathen peddlers overseas...been lying to me about doing it and that hurts a lot! :(  

Gotta give that over to God as well...

Thanks for the prayers.  Looks like he'll be home today or tomorrow to get back to life as usual.  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
Prayers sent for a continued recovery.  The diverticuli are the tiny folds that cover the intestines.  Diverticulitis is when they become sensitive to the tiniest of anything, for example, strawberry seeds, sesame seeds, unpulverized peanuts, or even pepper grindings.  That can trigger an attack, that could mean pains or bloody stools.  I'm sure the Doc has it under control, but coupled with a blood thinner like coumadin and the littlest drop of blood could look like a stuck pig.  He'll just have to watch himself.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 11:08:00 PM »
Prayers sent...diveriticulitis is something that can you live with with a change in diet I understand. Glad it was nothing worse.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
thanks, Guys.  Yup... know all about them li'l pouches...mom had them, friend almost died at 38 from a bunch getting infected...cut out a few feet of his intestines there were so many!

Pop is pretty old and doesn't remember stuff very well...or just pretends and uses that as an excuse to do what he pleases, now that Mom is gone and can't ride herd on him so hard!  :)

Time will tell how well he does...the docs made it sound like "no big deal" so I doubt he'll adjust his behaviors much.  :)

Thanks for the prayers. He is home and back to his normal routine.

Peace out!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »
Prayers for God's best in this Doc and finally some peace for you and your family.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Eastern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »
Doc my friend.  As always you have mine and my family"s prayers.  Mr Doc Noc's dad.  May the good lord shine down on you.  Your son is an awesome man and he needs you in his life.  You have to get better and you will.  The good man above knows it.
A bad day of hunting is still far better than a good day at work.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 11:54:00 AM »
Prayers continues as always.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©