INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Pray for me (updated. laid off again)  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pray for me (updated. laid off again)
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »
Don,Kimber,

Yes, some around us prosper while others suffer.

And the "why mes" takes me into a Waring Blender more than I like to admit.  But grandma used to sing a song over and over and all I remember of it was "this world, this world is not my home...this world is not my resting place."

Much as I don't like it, Christians, I'm reminded have suffered throughout time while in this realm, others prosper.

Some, even within our own Christian family, like to sit in judgement and assert that we must be doing something wrong in our walk.... that we don't prosper. Sad.

Trails come in many forms and while I claim His promise here, the one I'm bankin on is the one hereafter.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
Hi yall,  I come here asking once again that yall pray for us.  I think this time with Donald being out of work is the hardest one yet.  It kills me to watch Donald have to sell the bows he loves so much.  I have to wonder, why us God?  We pay our tithes, we do for everyone we hear about that has a need we try to help them, we try to live in your light, so why do you keep sending us to the fire?  What is it you want us to learn that we aren't learning?  Donald proves he is a true godly man when he willingly sells bows he has drooled over for months, he does that for us.  I don't know if there is a bigger act of service Donald could ever do that would prove his love for me and our family.  I am not much of a sportsman (correct that, I am NOT at all a sportsman) but my husband loves this sport and he loves it so for many reasons and one of those reasons are yall.  Each person on here that he makes contact with changes his life for the better.  I am so thankful he has a venue such as this to go to for fellowship and uplifting.  I just ask yall to pray for us, ask God to show us our path and just pray for grace and patience for us through this.  Thank you all for listening, and thank you all for being strong Christian Men who listen to God.  My husband is better because of yall and that makes our marriage better.
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
GOD BLESS!!!! prayers sent  :pray:    :pray:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »
Keep the Son in your eyes!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
Still not working, but I am encouraged by the Lord. He came to me the other night and said "Follow Me. Love Me. I will give you riches beyound comprehension. I am your God. I will provide for you. You only have to believe. Follow me."

WOW was that powerful I was and am still overwhelmed. I always am when he speaks in that still soft voice. He shouts for us to hear, then speaks so softly to make sure we strive to hear Him.

The last two days I have been getting quite a bit of positive feed back on my job search. I pray He flings a door wide open.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
I know you and Kimber have pulled stakes and followed opportunity...but after my own 13 months of one major job search disappointment after another..even jobs that were solid on paper just drying up before my eyes (or behind my back), I can only say that it appears Lord allows us time in the desert, as one writer put it, to be sure we've enough faith to follow His big dreams/plans for us.

He may have just did a "tele-prompter" moment with you there bud!

Keep the Son in your eyes.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »
Prayers sent up for you/your family.....
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »
prayers sent

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
Donald and Kimber,

I keep praying for you. I know it is tough. God tests us and prepares us in this life for the next one. He just took a good friend of mine two days ago in a small plane crash here in Oklahoma City. We were both flying our planes to a breakfast in Enid, OK, and I was the last person on the ground to see and talk to him and his wife other than the three people who got in the plane with them. The plane had engine troubles and he had to do an off-airport landing. He did a great job and everyone but him survived, although with injuries. He would have survived too if his older plane had been equipped with shoulder harnesses on the seat belts. He was a wonderful person and friend. It just goes to show that we have to be ready everyday, and God helps us get there by testing us and putting us through difficult times. I knew that when I was going through cancer treatments, and I see it happening to others around me every day, including the two of you. It breaks my heart, but I know God will see you through this. I thank Him for bringing the two of you together and giving you a life of joy, albeit with trials and tribulations. I know God will help you through all of this. Nevertheless, I am so sorry you have to suffer in the meantime.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »
Prayers sent for both of you in your continued quest for work. Prayers for a job and for peace while you search.

Offline Buffalo Two Fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
I will keep you in my prayers. I too lost my job of 32 years so I know how it effects a man. Things will work out. Keep the faith.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2009, 01:27:00 AM »
Allan, thank you so much for your post and prayers. I am keeping the faith that God will bring us through this in His time. He is never late, but always on time. We as humans must learn to wait on Him. But it is so hard.

Thank you all for your prayers. It means a lot.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2009, 02:46:00 AM »
Thank you all so much, I sit here without words to express what your thoughts and prayers mean to us both.  We know our God is working and we know he hasn't forgot about us, and yall help us remember that.

Allan, it is such a pleasure to call you a friend I can't wait until we get to meet you and  your wife!  

Thanks again for all your prayers and lifting us up to the Lord.

Sleep with the angels,

Kimber
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2009, 05:20:00 AM »
God hears ALL prayer and there are NONE of us deserving, you are right, but I am thankful God loves us and answeres our prayers anyawy!!!!!! I will be praying for you!!!!
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
Well everyone, at long last there is hope. If everything works out I will be going to work in Mexico on Tuesday on a 28/28 basis on a rig. Final word should come down tomorrow or Monday. Pray that all works out.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
Prayers for His will, Don and yoru insight to know that Will.

Peace brother,

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
Glory be to GOD!  Donald got definate word that he is leaving on Tuesday.  God is amazing!  This is a great opportunity for us, the benifit package alone is amazing.  healthy insurance on both of us.  We will be making a home move in the near future just not sure where God is leading us yet, our hearts want to go to San Diego and our minds think Houston, so if you could please pray a little more for us that he give us direction concerning location.  God always provides and I am so thankful for a strong group of prayer warriors here.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
Stay away from California, too much crime and the state is bankrupt plus they are not friendly to people who own guns or hunters. San Diego is over run with gangs and drugs. Go to Houston I gaurentee you will be happier there.

I praise the Great One that he has finally granted your prayers Bubba. Hopefully it will be a more permanent position than your last.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2009, 05:02:00 PM »
Danny,  This does seem to be more premanent then the last ones he has had.  This is with the actually drilling company and since he has worked with them before he knows they are solid.

I am leaning the Houston way too-  although at the moment I have 3 trains of thought, we have this house till may, why not just stay put here, get our savings back up, get some things that are looming over our head off and then move-  I think Donalds job needs to show some stability before we make a move and if we wait till May then he should be able to gauge that.

Love ya!  Can't wait to see you!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »
Continued prayers for Discernment and courage to let go, Let God!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©