INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Pray for me (updated. laid off again)  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pray for me (updated. laid off again)
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
prayers sent

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
Yeah, Kimber, may be a good idea to stay where you all are at till May. I will see ya in Nov. I continue to pray that this is a permanent position, better working for the company than a contractor as he was.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »
It is such a GREAT thing to see people that truly believe in the "Master's Plan". He will provide, and having gone through something very similar a few years ago.....I can relate in many ways.

He helps those that help themselves. Prayers are on the way.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »
hi yall, Donald made it to POZA RICO MX yesterday got there, there is no power in the yard yet, so I am sure he spent a miserable night in the heat.  He wasn't able to use his breathing machine cause of no power and it makes me worry, I kknow it is in Gods hands and GOd will bring him home safely, just please pray for his health and safety!

27 days to go!
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »
SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS. PRAYERS FOR STRENGTH AND GUIDANCE ARE ON THE WAY.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
Praise God.....will be praying for God to speak to you and make it clear where He wants you to be...God has opened this door for His purpose and we all give Him the praise....keep us updated...I am so happy for you both.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
YOur trials have been an inspiration to many of us who also have struggled with ups and downs in the job market.  

Your faith has fed the multitudes and your candor with your struggles and stumbles are humbling and have earned my respect, support and continued prayers, Kimber and Don!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »
Thank you all again for the prayers, they are so needed.  Donald is one week away from his first 28 days and I don't think we have ever had such a hard hitch.  This job has turned out to be nothing they promised and everything he feared.  We are believing in God and trusting in our God for provision.  Looking back at the last year, Donald and I both see the decision we made without listening to God that we feel set off this domino affect in our life.  We are both like "ok, God we are so sorry and we promise not to do that again!" God hardly ever spanks or scolds us, but when he does he does it in a way that we aren't likely to forget for a long time.  This has been a true life lesson for us, and though it has been hard we have both learned from it.

We pray peace and blessings to each of you!
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »
Sometimes the "spanking" isn't of God at all, but of the fallen state of man we live in and God might just allow it to happen because we've strayed from His path.

My "new" job, now in week 6, is turning much the same way. They want everything fixed, but don't want to fix anything. I walk around with a giant bullseye on my back.  Of course, when we (I) got desperate with unemployment gone, I just jumped at anything figuring it was a "god-send", but perhaps, He was callin me to have more faith in direst of times and I didn't.

Or, perhaps it's a further test right where I'm supposed to be and I'm caving into believing the worst?

Only time will tell. I share only to let you know that I'm sure in this market, many of us who were out and jumped to take what was available have had similar time to wonder deeply.

Continued prayers for a strong insight, greater strength and discernment and Peace that passes all understanding for you both!

Keep the Son in your eyes
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline eaglefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2009, 12:47:00 AM »
Ive been out since jan this year,just lost my mom on the 12th august.I too was asking God how much more?But while I was off I was able to visit her more than normal.Maybe it was ablessing,but I am ready to get back on the wagon myself,keep the faith its all we can do.best wishes !!!

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2009, 02:58:00 AM »
Doc,  I am so sorry that your job is turning out this way.  We will be praying for ya!  God has a plan.  We just have to see it through.

Eagle, I am so sorry about your mom.  Loosing a parent is never easy, but it will get better.  You never forget about them, they are always there.  My dad has been gone 8 years and it still feels like yesterday some days.  

Yall take care and we are praying for all of us!

Offline Buffalo Two Fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »
I am not smart enough to know the answer but there is something very wrong when in Country like ours there is this many good hard working people who are having trouble finding a job. I think maybe we should be praying for this Country in addition to those out of work.

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »
Buffalo,  we pray for our country daily- we pray that God take control back over our country.  When God is in control all will better.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
Kimber, no need for regrets for my situation. I'm blessed to have work, tough though it be. My point was simply that we pray for work, and then I want work that has meaning. Ole friend used to say that "if work was to be something fun, they'd call it something else".  :)  So I'm still grateful, but just don't walk with a light step.

And you're right. This isn't our resting place, just a waystop on the journey.  I'm sure that more of my delemma is about perspective than it is about the job.

Don and you will find peace and what is needed. I believe that.  In these times, with the choices made by our countrymen, I believe it will get worse before better so we need to shine up our Armour of God for the battle yet to come.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »
AMEN Doc. I am home for 28 days and the rest is truly needed. God Bless and I hope your situation gets better.

Donald
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »
Donald,

Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and praying for you. I pray that you will find something in the near future that will be more what you and Kimber want. Perhaps things will continue to improve in the oil patch and people will start more new drilling projects.

Take care and God bless,
Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
Praying for you and Kimber....God has a plan for you and I'll keep praying that He uses you for his Glory. It's always uplifting to see the strength and faith you and Kimber show thru these trials, keeping God first in your lives and marriage....you both are Godly examples to us all.....Your Brother in Christ Terry
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
Terry,

You are too kind. Thank you for your prayers. I do hope I inspire people to Christ, that is why we try to share what we go through to show how God works in our lives. I am not worthy of Him, but I praise Him for all things, because without Him I am nothing.

I just got news I am being promoted, so that will make going back to Mexico eaisier. Praise God for the blessing.

Allan,

Thank you for the prayers, we are praying for you also.

I pray that all who need jobs will soon find them.

Donald
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
Donald, there is no one I would rather be on this journey with then you!  God has an amazing destiny in store for you and I can't wait to witness it!

Thank you Guys so much for your prayers, thank you all for accepting me.  I am just a girl who knows NOTHING about this sport that you all love, God brought a man into my life that has stretched me and to help me see the beauty in more things then the things I was seeing. This group of people here are some of the finest I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  I can't wait to meet many of you in the future!  Donald swears he is going to have me shooting a bow in a year and I think differently... I think there are many other things I can do while he hunts... LOL

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
You go girl. Support is the key... participation is just icing on the cake.

You're both in our prayers..constantly!

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©