INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for one more day..........  (Read 1262 times)

Offline highnoonhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for one more day..........
« on: November 21, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
Hello friends,
Been a while since I've been around. Mom was diagnosed with colon cancer a couple months ago, but by the time they found it, it was in stage 4 and spread to her liver, and lymph nodes, and they also found breast cancer.

As of now they have her on dopamene (sp) drip, and it's keeping her blood pressure up enough to live. Her kidneys are also shut down and she hasn't eat anything for 4 days except a few bites of ice cream.

My brother lives out of state and she desperately wants to see him tomorrow. So tomorrow we're gonna take her home and have an early Thanksgiving as a family one last time if the Lord will spare one more day. My brother and his family are on their way tonight, so dad, the kids and grandkids are really wanting her to see us all together before she goes to her new home.

She's very weak, but in very little pain, and her mind is still good. But the doctor said once he takes her off the drip, he thinks she most likely pass tomorrow night. He can't leave her on the drip unless she's in the hospital.

Anyway, I don't know what I really want to ask. Except to petition God on our behalf, that mom can see us together tomorrow, and have a peaceful departure from this life.

Thanks so much..........
highnoonhunter
Member: Christian Bowhunters of America
Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild, Inc.
-
Holmes Mongoose reverse handle longbow. 63" 63@28
Longriver Longbow: 69" 69@28
Kolometz Kustom Longbow 66" 76@28

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for one more day..........
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
Prayers to you and your family to share one more Thanksgiving.  May Saint Pio ease her pain and make her journey to eternity a peaceful one.  Share in each others' strength and comfort Mom as she did you in your youth.  May God Bless Her.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
Bob,

As I read your trial, my heart aches. Yet, your words show the meaning of true faith and peace that passess all understanding.

Yours is a simple request for a day more...that we can easily pray that you all get that time together if that be His will.

I know you've thought of every possibility.  All we can do is wait on the Lord.

May Peace and the true Love of Jesus be with each and all of your family and your Mom as she prepares to be made perfect standing before Christ Jesus.

Lord in your Mercy, hear our prayers.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »
Amen. May God's presence highlight your time together.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »
Praying for your Mom, that God will give her the strength to make it thru your family gathering. Also lifting you and your family up.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
Prayers sent for you mom and family from Ct. Sure puts my problems into perspective. (nut)
Rich Potter

Offline highnoonhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »
Thanks so much for your prayers.

Mom passed at around 3:45PM this evening.

hnh
Member: Christian Bowhunters of America
Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild, Inc.
-
Holmes Mongoose reverse handle longbow. 63" 63@28
Longriver Longbow: 69" 69@28
Kolometz Kustom Longbow 66" 76@28

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
Prayers for God's comfort and a strong knowing that you will all be together again soon.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Eastern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
My heart bleeds for you my friend. God bless
A bad day of hunting is still far better than a good day at work.

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »
Prayers for you, your family and mom. I hope your family was able to spend the last day all together. Peace.

Offline Papa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
Prayers sent!

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »
Prayers for the whole Family sent

God Bless All

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »
Thought and prayed for you, all yesterday....wondering if the quality of time left together was good, and your mother was coherent enough to see your brother and the rest of the family at home. I couldn't find the words to post yesterday evening when I checked back in on the post.

I'm glad she is not hurting anymore, but feel for your loss, and appreciate your sharing. It has helped me personally here at home, in making better efforts to be with my family for the holidays, despite the rush, and at times inconveniences, that really mean nothing, compared to family.

Prayers continue.

May God shine upon you, comforting you, as He only can, with his love and grace.

God Bless, David B.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
My prayers added to others for your family at this time of loss...this brings back memories of my Mom's passing 3 years ago this past Spring.  She went very quickly once they found the undiagnosed matastisized cancer....only 15 days start to finish...

I keep reminding myself then and since in times like these..."she now stands perfect and all knowing before Christ Jesus!"

What a true blessing and totally awesome picture. My mom agonized over EVERYthing! To know she's totally at peace and perfect in health, mind, body and spirit is almost beyond comprehension, but adds hope to daily life and it's challenges!

Our God is truly an Awesome God!

Peace to your family. May God's loving Grace keep you all at peace through this holiday season.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »
Prayers for the family.. John
possumtrot

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©