INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Need your prayers more than ever.  (Read 2848 times)

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need your prayers more than ever.
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »
Prayers continue Curtiss.

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »
Thanks everyone, I haven't been online because I've had a cold and walking to the internet coffee shop in the Winter rain with a cold is just not in my top 10 activities list. I want you all to know how much I appreciate your help and encouragement. I pray God richly blesses you all.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
Figured as much. You used to run to the Library to get on line...last time work was an issue.

Take care of that cold... staying healthy without insurance is primary!

May the holidays fill you with awareness of God's love for you and show you courage and resolution to hang in there for His plan to unfold.  

Keep the Son in yoru eyes, dude!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
Well I have an undate. There may be a job on the horizon. I got an e-mail from a friend that there may be an opening at his shop for a janitor after the first of the year. So Monday I am call HR their and asking them to please send me an application. This job is an hour a way and I will need to get my car fixed to take it, plus get insurance again. Oh speaking of my car my neighbors, in an effort to get my car towed because they don't like it just sitting in the backyard pulled the '09 sticker off my license plate. Then they called the police. The police said The car is on private property and they can't do anything about it. Anyway I will probably have to put one of my last few bows on the tradgang classifieds to get the money to get the car repaired.
he landlord has said that even if I get a job soon they want me to move. It will be better for me to move closer to the job anyway; but this will not be possible without my car up and running or another vehicle. I am thinking more and more that I need a miracle to get from here to where I need to be in life. I'm fighting depression and self pity. Some tradganger have helped me directly and I've been able to keep the heat and lights on and some small amount of groceries in the fridge. For that I will always be humbly thankful. God Bless you all.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
I will pray for you to get the job and to be able to get your car fixed. Hang in there bud.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
Prayers for strength, a miracle, and God's Best.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
Curtiss,

Sure sounds like the challenges continue..with good news, more challenges!

Remember the ole saying, "darkest hour is just before dawn..."  

Praying for more help, insight and direction to come along with the challenges so you can continue to move forward. Remember, through HIM all things are possible...

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »
Prayers on the way brother.
A trophy is in the eye of the beholder.

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »
OK I have a custom bow and a custom knife on the classifieds to raise the money to get my car up and running so if you are in the market for either please check them out.
I designed the knife myself but had an experienced bladesmith fashion it out of an old lumber saw blade. The bow is a one of a kind Crooked Stic.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »
Well still no word on the job I applied for at the beginning of the month. I found out my car repairs are going to run a minimum of $700 and may run as much as $1600. So to get the car up and running and insured etc. will could run me 2 grand! That just kicks me when I'm down. I've been struggling since I moved back here to my birthplace in 2004. I've been unemployed nearly as much as employed in that 4 year span and even for about half the time I was employed it was under employed and under paid to be sure. I keep praying and believing and trusting but this trial has been going on long enough and hard enough to cause some small doubts to bubble up. If it weren't for your prayers and help I would surely have fallen into despair and the sin that that breeds. Thank you and please keep it up. God Bless you all and I pray all of you have your needs met richly.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
Prayers for more strength, comfort, confidence.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »
Curtiss,
 You have my prayers and they will continue. Be strong in your faith and never ever give in.

Lanier
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
Anyone heard of or from Curtiss in the past weeks?

Lord, in your mercy, keep all those close and wrap them in Grace who are struggling with meaning and finding value in themselves because of unemployment issues.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline longbow55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
Curtiss I'm praying for you brother. God has a plan for you. Go to any local church, as if they need help. Pray with them, ask them for guidance. Tell them about you situation. Love you brother, may God lift you up, in this troubled time.
I always hit where I'm aiming, but rarely where I'm looking.

Offline cnorth

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
Curtiss,  wanted to let you know that prayers have been sent for you .  Love you brother, hang in there.  Christ will see you through.
Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  Proverbs 3: 5

TOELKE WHIP HS 48 @28, 60"
TOELKE WHIP 50 @ 28, 64"     
BROWNING WASP 45 @ 28
BLACK WIDOW PMA III 51 @ 28, 62"

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2009, 10:58:00 PM »
Praying for you Curtiss.  It's hard not to be angry with the world when I read things like this.  Lord, please lead him out of this valley.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
Thank you all, your prayers are all that keeps me going. I've been unable to get to anyplace with free wifi due to all the snow which is now almost all melted, Praise God.
A friend told me of a possible job with his company,so I applied; but have not heard from them yet. I need my car up and running to take this job as it is 50 miles from my house. So I ask that if it be God's will that I get this job and further that I get my car up and running or get another one so I can work. Will you join your voice with mine in agreement before the Lord?
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
Amen Curtiss.Prayers continue for God's strength and peace as well as His provision.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »
Curtiss,

What's the story on the forced move out by your landlord? Haven't heard anything via email in a while, which is understandable with your I-net access issues.

Just know you're in a lot of our prayers daily!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline cnorth

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
Good luck on the car and job.  Prayer sent your way.  GOD BLESS!!!!
Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  Proverbs 3: 5

TOELKE WHIP HS 48 @28, 60"
TOELKE WHIP 50 @ 28, 64"     
BROWNING WASP 45 @ 28
BLACK WIDOW PMA III 51 @ 28, 62"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©