INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Ed Ashby's back Surgery- Report  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ed Ashby's back Surgery- Report
« on: December 02, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »
Just clarified with Ed Ashby that his new surgery date on his back is Dec 8th.

There was a tangle with his insurance that caused a delay of 2+ weeks. The surgeon wanted to get it done sooner due to some nerve loss...but that's insurance today.   :(  

So the new date is December 8th. Please keep Ed in your prayers. This is huge. He's lost some use of both legs...using a walker...and if the back surgery goes well...they're hoping for a huge improvement.

Lord in your mercy, hear our prayers for Ed's surgery and recovery.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ed Ashby's back Surgery- Report
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »
Amen. Prayers for guidance for the surgeons and staff. Prayers for protection from infection, a speedy recovery, and the return of the use of his legs.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »
prayers for COMPLETE healing!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
Thanks for those posts, guys. I hope Doc is reading these! He's given a lot to our sport and while not everyone wants to make their brain sweat figuring out the ins and outs of broadhead design, EFOC, penetration...all Doc's research can't help but make our sport better.  I know many of us are indebted to him for his tireless efforts and researching such intriguing points to help us be more aware!

I remember when he was corresponding with me about EFOC and had just come out of the bush...been a terrible rough many hour ride smashing around in the rig...and then all this back pain started. His insurance wouldn't touch him out-of-country, so he paid out of pocket and got no help at all from endless PT and meds... Finally having to come back...and then being delayed through more red tape!

December 8th! That is the day to mark your calendars to throw up a few extra prayers for his team of surgeons and the Holy spirit to settle in for the whole process!

Doc, Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 05:55:00 AM »
I appreciate your work Doc ......and Doc   ;)
Prayers for a speedy recovery !
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 07:30:00 AM »
Prayers Sent

God Bless

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »
Prayers sebt
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »
Ed's the "real doc" ---I just play one on the internet.

Monday I guess is the big day! Ed has to have a serious case of the puckers going into this... messing with yer 220V line is a scary thing!

Brother Ed, prayers lifting you up for a complete success...full recovery and you getting back to the bush you love sooner than later!

Keep the Son in your eyes, Ed!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline motormouth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
todays the day i hear and prayers are sent from me n dad
god bless
"It's not dyin i'm talkin bout...It's livin." -Capt. Gus McCrae

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »
Heard from OL Adcock, where Ed's been staying prepping for the surgery.

Doc's won't tell OL much...and hasn't seen Ed just yet to tell Ed much. OL talked to Ed and they say things "went well" whatever that means. Ed knows that as of now, he has less pain.

I'll keep you guys updated as they learn more from the docs about the surgery's success.

For now, prayers continue for complete healing beyond what any mortal doctor can foresee!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »
Got OL to share the hospital # for Ed Ashby.

Called him today. Hey! Ed's a "good ole boy!" I could tell in 30 sec. after he said "hello".

He's in great spirits! Said that the pain in his legs is GONE! And he's haviing a high ole time wigglin his toes and moving his legs and feet.

He still needs prayers, though. His Red Blood count isn't good. They "think" it might be from the anestheisa (?)so they are watching that closely, providing transfusions, and observing.
The drains in his incession in his back are monitored constantly..which he says is pretty darned sore... and they have him on Oxygen all the time and will continue even though the blood O2 level is climbing nicely.

He has some numbness at places, but they say that is pretty normal.  

Overall, it looks positive with the few "wrinkles" around making more red blood cells on his own!

Praises for the progress to day, but let's keep Doc Ashby in our prayers so he can get back to OL's place to recuperate and start rehab!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »
Most sincere and ernest prayers daily for this great man.

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »
Anyone wanting the phone and room # at the hospital where he is staying...PM me and I'll share it with you...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©