INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: My Friend Lisa  (Read 979 times)

Offline Sarah

• Trad Bowhunter
My Friend Lisa
« on: December 09, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I am not normally the type to pray, or to ask for the prayers of others. However, the past few weeks have been very trying for my friends and I. I live in a housing co-op with 18 people. One of them is very sick. I have known her for three years and lived with her for two.

Her name is Lisa, and she has a mental illness of some kind that has been drastically impacting her personality and her ability to interact with others. It has literally taken her away. The person I have been interacting with over the last few weeks is not my friend Lisa.

Two nights ago, some of my housemates made the decision to try to convince her to check herself into a local mental hospital. After much debate with Lisa, she agreed, but only after becoming violent with them (the Lisa we know would never hurt her friends intentionally).

So please send your thoughts our way, not only for Lisa, but for my other friends who are now having to deal with the trauma of seeing her like that. Hopefully she can come back to us soon.

Thank you,
Sarah

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Friend Lisa
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
May the peace of God that surpasses ALL HUMAN understanding come to Lisa and set her free of the bondage of her mind!  Nothing is impossible for God and We can do ALL things through Christ who gives us strength.  

We will stand in faith for her deliverance! And we thank you Jesus for you saving grace and delivering power!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:00 AM »
Prayers sent for Lisa. As difficult as it is this is probably the best step for her to get the help she needs.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
Amen. Prayers for healing and comfort.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »
Thanks for reaching out to us, Sarah.

I do not know you well enough...yet, to know why you're not easily inclined toward prayer.

Maybe someday, we can have coffee and talk about that..no pressure..just two friends sharing thoughts.

In the meantime, prayers that God, who is all knowing, might show all of your young friends at the house, His power and grace in Love by helping Lisa.

He always give us free choice...to rely on him, or not...to believe..or not. But He delights in bringing light to any darkness.

May your friend Lisa, get to know my friend, Jesus and have him wrap his loving arms around her and help her come to terms with whatever is plaguing her and bring her peace and healing!

Lord, in your mercy...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »
I am praying for your friend. God is still in the miracle business and can easily cast the demon that has control of your friends mind back to Hell.

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »
This is tuff stuff, but nothing is too tuff for God.  My family and I will be in prayer for you, your friends, and Lisa.  Hang in there Sarah.  I know it seems nuts but God is good.  Sometimes it is only in or worst time that we can feel him holding us.  For me anyway, the low points seem to be the time I remember to pay attention to his arms!
Katie
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©