INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: shocked  (Read 2416 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
shocked
« on: March 23, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
hi guys and gals.i have been having a lot of pain in my legs lately and finally went to the doctor and i have some very bad circulation in my legs,my skin is turning brown and looking deadlike.might lose one or both of them eventually,i cannot go up to high altitudes anymore as this is what started it all...legs get all swollen up when i travel up high for more than a day or two.i try and stay in shape.i dont know what to do but sit here and cry.this is not fair,what did i do to deserve this.i try and be a good person and this is my reward.gonna be givin away some bows.this has really destroyed me inside.sorry just needed to say this.rather be dead than not hunt.anyone that can take ben hunting on his elk trip please contact me.this is a bad day and thank you all for being here......your hunting buddy larry
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: shocked
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
I am incredibly sorry for you. I know it seems bleek right now, but don't lose hope.  It's possible you will be able to be able do more than you think, depending on the root cause of your problem.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
Hang in there Larry.....keep you head and spirits high. I can't afford health insurance, then found out that I needed open heart surgery, so I traveled to India to have it done for 1/10th of what it cost here.....finally got on the road to recovery good and then needed Hernia surgery, which I'm still recovering from. I'm self employeed in the construction business and really struggling in todays economy....just remember....the tough times we go through always bring us out the other side stronger than ever.
You will be in my prayers.

Billy

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
Larry, You didn't tell us where Ben was planning on going hunting.  I note you hail from Vancouver, WA.

Offline DBerrard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »
So sorry to hear this Larry. There's still hope though. You can overcome this and be back at it soon enough..I know it. Take care in the mean time..if ya need to chat just PM me.

Best Regards,
  Dave
David

~Kanati Klassic~ 50@26"

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
Larry sorry to hear this bad news I will say a prayer for you ,,don"t give up good luck Gordon
Gord

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
Hang in there Larry, God can do anything. Nothing is to big or small nor immpossible for Him. You are in my prayers.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »
Larry, look to the Man above. He can do great things !! I hope and will pray that your situation will get better !! Never give up .... never give up !!

Offline elkslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
Pm sent and I am said to hear about your Health but like I said let me know if I can help I am just around the corner and would love to talk your ear off and hear your stories as well. I will take your buddy hunting on the Oregon Coast if ya need me to or I can hook him up with my brother and his two buddies. Let me know.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 07:37:00 PM »
Larry, I can't offer any advice so I won't. if you ever need someone to chat with send me a PM or an e-mail. My brother is disabled and as regained the use of his legs, walks with a cane. We still get to spend time in the woods. Maybe you can find some comfort there.
Mike Gerard owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Two Dogs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
Larry, all I have to offer is a story, years ago I met a man & eventuly worked for, who awoke from back surgery a quadrapeligic, He was an avid outdoorsman & a professional archer as well. As time went on he opened a sucessful archery shop & hunted, fished, & competed, married, & focused on the good things in life. Family, good friends, good times, & never give up additude, an inspiration for many. You my friend have that, just the fact your thinking of Ben. I hope in someway this helps.

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »
Hey Larry,

Sorry I am to hear of your poor health! I really feel for you---a buddy's mother had something similar and I remember how she felt!
DON'T worry about the hunt!!   :readit:   Much more inportant things in life than that!! You just really need to take care of yourself but DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!   :readit:  
That will surely be a slippery slope that no one here want to see you go on!  don't ever give up---me and my family will remember you in our prayers! There may be medical solutions that just need to be checked out--don't be afraid to try something different.  My Grandfather had prostate cancer 2 years ago---Dr. told him it was very far progressed and not much to do but would try chemo. He tried and he felt so much worse; he quit and started working with a Naturalpathic Dr. and now the cancer is GONE and he looks/feels so much better. I know this is kinda off-subject as far as your problem, just wanted to offer some little help/hope for you!   :campfire:  

Ben
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
Larry You are in my prayers.and as everyone else said you can never give up hope.
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
Larry,  hang in there guy.  I feel for ya.  Hope things get better.  Do they know what's wrong?  It took them a;most 20 years to figure out what was wrong with me.  Once they know what it is, there's a good chance for a cure.
  Don't give up shootin', that's what keeps me goin'.  Don't hunt hardly anymore.  But I still get ready to.
  Give a PM some time if ya wanna different view, or to vent, or what ever.
Take care, we'll be prayin' for ya,
Keith and Barb

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
Prayers are with you Larry!

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
and Larry i am living with a miracle or several miracles all balled into one that started to occur on Jan. 2, 2009.  My wife suffered a basilar tip aneurysm & should have died. She didn't.  She should have been brain damaged.  She wasn't.  She started back to work last Monday.  i never gave up hope, and i never allowed a negative person or thought to be around me.  i will not bore you with the details, but do not give up. PM or email me if i can help in anyway that i can.  Prayers and positive vibrations sent from south georgia.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
Larry,
Sorry to hear the bad news. However, there is hope and you must remain strong. Bearers of tragic news go through various phases, some of it anger, denial, acceptance. Hang in there and you will get through this.

If you can't make it to the high country and are limited in the future theres still plenty of opportunities for hunting..pronghorn, turkeys, hogs, deer, bowfishing..all probably close by or in nearby states.

Remember, all things are possible through God.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »
Larry one door closes and another opens if we watch for it. Prayers for you and your family.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
Don't give up hope!  One year ago yesterday, I was very nearly killed, and came even closer to being blinded in one eye.  I never really questioned my faith, as God saw fit to let me live, but I did question a lot of other things.  Depression and despair are sometimes inevitable, but that doesn't mean you have to let them win your mind.  Fight the good fight.  Finish the race.

Prayers sent for peace and health.
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Online Toxophilite

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 11:02:00 PM »
Larry, I'm so sorry this is happening to you.
Your situation may look grim right now but you seem to be a man of strength and character and faith. Now is not the time to give up on yourself.
Settle down a bit.  Take a deep breath.  You have time to get this issue under control.
Character, faith and and strength have beaten things a lot worse than this.
You have scores of folks pulling for you who in varying ways have traveled down this road before.
Just hand the stress and fear over to a higher power so you can resolve to deal with this, one step at a time.
I'm only as good as my first shot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©