INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Emily Elizabeth  (Read 2226 times)

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
Emily Elizabeth
« on: April 09, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
Hello all. I'l start by saying that I have found this community to be outstanding and the members to be selfless. My baby girl Emily Elizabeth was born almost 18 months ago. When she was born the doctors and nurses all commented on her "pretty blue eyes". It wasn't until later the next day that we were briefed on her condition. To make a really really long story short she was diagnosed with a disease called "Peter's Anomoly" which is a condition where the eyes did not develop properly and her corneas were cloudy and greyish blue from scar tissue. She is now 18 months and has had 8 surgeries and countless exams under anestesia (sp?)In that time she was also diagnosed with pediatric glaucoma which is also a result of improper development of the eyes. She has had two cornea transplants and 3 different pressure valves installed in her eyes. Thank god for modern medicine she can atleast see a little bit.

The reason I beg for your prayers now is that she is getting old enough to understand that her vision is failing and will now be under going another round of pressure valves in her left eye which never took to the first valves and the cornea rejected and clouded over again. She just had a new valve installed and will need a second in the same eye to increase the flow of fluid out of her eye. I just pray that her poor little eyes can handle all these surgeries and she can come out of this with even the slightest of vision. I also pray that my wife continue to cope with the stress that comes along with being a stay at home mom of 2 healthy boys and our sweet innocent Emily Elizabeth. Thanks for listening. Skippy
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Leo L.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Emily Elizabeth
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 11:00:00 PM »
That's a heart tugging story.  God bless her and may the good Lord help her to heal.

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:17:00 AM »
My niece has something similar.  They are tough, kids, and I sometimes think it is more painful for the parents at that age.  I am praying for her.
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 12:47:00 AM »
Skippy
I wish The best for you and yours,that sounds like one tough cookie.
Give strength and love
       Kurt

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 12:55:00 AM »
To the top of the list ..

For all in the family..
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 07:46:00 AM »
Amen and prayers for God's very best purchased with Jesus blood.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 09:25:00 AM »
Almight Father I ask in prayer for Emily health and eyes...mark
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Jason,

Emily is indeed in many prayers including mine. There are many "lurkers" here that visit regularly and pray mightily...they just don't feel led to post.

According to His will, may Emily's eye's improve and surgeries become less frequent...If it be His will, let her eyes be miraculously healed that through you and your wife, she will come to know the Power of our Lord God Almighty!

In the interim, may you teach her to "see with the eyes of her heart" and to know Jesus as her personal eyes to the world.

Prayers to for your wife and you. As BH said, it's often way harder on the parents than the kids...as we feel powerless. And we are without Him.

May the Holy Spirit, Christ incarnate, cover you both with loving arms and peace that passes all understanding.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
Skippy, my heart goes out to you and your wife and kids. You all will be in my prayers bro.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline longbow55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Will be praying for your family. Just know that God has a reason for all things, it is hard for us to understand some times.
I always hit where I'm aiming, but rarely where I'm looking.

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Prayer sent for Emily and your entire family.

Both of my friend's daughters were born with glaucoma. They too had numerous surgeries. They are both in high school now with one graduating next month. The older one is legally blind now and accepts the fact she wont be able to drive. She is an honor student, was accepted to several great colleges, can read more brail than her instructor and has won awards for GYMNASTICS!

God has a will and a plan for everyone.

Keep the faith, she is in God's hands and he will comfort your family.

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »
Praying for Emily and your family.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »
prayers sent my friend, if i can do anything just hollor. it was nice to meet you at the bunny hunt. all the best for your litle girl, God bless her.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »
Thanks to everyone. It's funny how this thread came back to the top today. Emily is still hanging in there like the trooper that she is. She had complications with the procedure last month. There was a slight perforation in her cornea where the pressure had bulged out and her eye was deflating so the Dr. could not install a second valve to regulate the pressure better. So he cleaned out the original valve for the time being but she will still need the second valve soon. Her pressures are once again building up and she is scheduled for her second cornea transplant(6/4/09)in her left eye to correct the one that failed. Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. They mean the world to my family and I.
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »
Prayers on the way from Georgia.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
Hi Jason
Praying for Emily and your family
         Kurt

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »
Prayers continue for your li'l darlin!

Lord in your Mercy, hear our prayers for Emily and her parents.

Jason,

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »
Jason,
I know something of what you are feeling.  My son was born with a heart defect.  Basically he is missing his left ventricle.  He will be two in August.  With more surgeries in the future!

It is amazing what they can do these days.  If you just go back to 1987, we would have been told there was nothing they could do and our son would have dies within a few days of birth.

Praying for Emily and your family!  And remember what my daughter said," God is the bestest doctor of all!"

Chip
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »
Prayers continue
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline swampjoe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »
I will keep Emily Elizabeth (what a beautiful name)and family in my prayers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©