INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Tred Barta paralyzed.  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tred Barta paralyzed.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
Prayers sent for Tred.. Anyone who has not should read his interview on the stikbow.. It will open some eyes..

The first Tred thread was pulled here at the gang..  

Jds III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline J. Adams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
I will pray for him and his family...
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
Terrible news.  Prayers sent.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline longbow55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »
Prayer sent for a fellow hunter and longbow bow man.
I always hit where I'm aiming, but rarely where I'm looking.

Offline Toxophilite

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
I just cut and pasted (see below)the latest news on Tred's condition from Sportfishing Magazine:

Update: 'Encouraging signs' in Tred Barta's condition Wed, May 20, 2009 An update on Tred Barta's condition (May 20) from Dean Travis Clarke:

"Just got off phone with Tred Barta and wife Anni. He had packed to travel to Alaska for a bear hunt for his TV show. Put his bag in his truck, Returned to house and then on way back to truck felt loss of feeling in his left leg. Decided to walk up mountainside behind house to make sure he could handle the rigors of hunting in Alaska before getting on plane. Condition worsened, so he immediately went to doctor. Doctor ordered ambulance to take him to hospital where MRI, CT scan, etc determined he'd suffered a spinal "Stroke." Quite rare – afflicting approximately 12 of 100,000 people in the U.S. each year.

Within four hours, he had completely lost feeling in both legs up to a point halfway between his chest and navel.

Tred and Anni seem to be taking turns being supportive and dejected. Fortunately, they seem to balance each other that way. He will soon be transferred to Craig Rehab Center in Denver. Craig is a non-profit freestanding hospital that has been rated every year in the Top Ten Rehabilitation Hospitals by US News and World Report since the ratings began eighteen years ago.  www.craighospital.org  .

Though last night was tough, today finds some encouraging signs. He has been able to respond to stimulus causing his toes to curl. The paralysis has lowered to about navel level. He seems to have regained some slight sensation in his right leg. Results of blood and spinal fluid tests also seem encouraging.

I will continue to keep in touch with him and will pass along news as warranted so as to not have EVERYONE contacting him all the time. He seems remarkably positive and upbeat this morning. Keep them in your thoughts and please live YOUR life as though this could happen to you tomorrow!"

Dean Travis Clarke Executive Editor
I'm only as good as my first shot.

Offline Toxophilite

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
Forgot to add--
It appears all the prayers & excellent medical attention is beginning to help Mr. Barta.
He's a tough guy and will fight this all the way.
Let's keep praying!
I'm only as good as my first shot.

Offline jim ratcliff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »
hope all is well,gotta admit watching him chase critters on tv with the longbow is amusing!i love his approach and his respect for the animal hunted. when i rediscovered my recurve i thought lets do it treds way!(well kinda)
 the tred thread was mentioned...anyone have a link? when i try to search my computer grunts and groans for the longest time...and finally i give up!  :knothead:
well....let's go let the air out'a one!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
wow makes ya think..prayers sent...marco
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline RightWing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »
Prayers sent, I wish him the best  :(
"Misty Morning, pungent autumn leaves, flicker of white, musk in the wind..... Let the fun Begin"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©