3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Moving targets...ideas ?  (Read 2746 times)

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Moving targets...ideas ?
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
Ken...how far do you have to lead on a 70 mph target ?
ChuckC

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »
Take a rubber tire and put duct tape across the opening. Stick a baloon to the sticky side of the tape. FInd a hill that is safe to shoot accross. Roll tire with baloon down the hill and shoot til you drop.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
I was thinking of just standing along side a busy road and aim for hubcaps as they whiz by.  Probably lose a lot of arrows that way tho'.
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline jchunt4ever

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 04:15:00 PM »
I don't have any other ideas, but if you try the milk jug thing, don't use wooden arrows with points that stick in. I tried this and broke the second arrow I shot at it, when it went spinning and rolling with arrow stuck in it. Never have shot at it since.
Now if you hung it from a rope, that would probably be ok and still a lot of fun, but I hadn't tried that.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
--Fred Bear

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
my son and I practice with empty 2 liter bottles attached to a fishing pole and line. Cast out the bottle and reel it in.  We shoot rubber blunts.  Great rabbit practice...
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
At our range we have one with pullys with a rope attached.  The target is attached to two pullys which is hung from a cable.
We then have pullys attached to tress bck to where we shoot. We pulled the rope and hold with foot, realease it and theres the moving taget.
The lay out is in an "L" shape.  Works nicely.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »
Have a cable between two trees.  Used a cheap two inch rachet strap on one end to cable ( its grown into the tree now).   I'm using the natural slope in yard for the target to roll down hill on two pulleys.  Made target out of 3 pieces homasote cut out as a deer.  Have a tractor trailer inner tube laminated between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd plies.  This builds a heavy target that rolls down hill naturally.  And has lasted for maybe 10 years.  Use a rope to pull it back up.  Had a lot of trouble getting deer to stop without damage.  Ended up tying a 1/4" nylon rope to up hill tree and to rear pulley, adjusted so rope stops deer before hitting end of cable.
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline Mic'

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
Cats
Shoot well ...be well !

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©