3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How long is the bowhunting season in your state? Is there a trad only season?  (Read 856 times)

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
Just curious. Here in Wyo it is basically the month of September for deer/elk.
   To my knowledge, no state has a trad only season but maybe someone will prove me wrong.
                :campfire:

Offline allanburden

• Trad Bowhunter
Here in the upstate of SC bow seasone is basically the month of September, plus add in Muzzleloaders for the first two weeks of October.  They call that two week period primitive weapons season, but I do not see what's so primitive with a modern inline, pelletized powder, and a 3x9 scope accurate out to 150+, but that's just my 2 cents.  As for the lower state(the coast and up to the middle, I think it's mostly anything goes from mid-August until January 1st.  There's plenty of low-country boys on here so maybe they'll chime in to correct me if I'm wrong.
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here in Oregon there is one in one unit for a week. It is the first week of the general season for deer and elk. Not great hunting from what I hear...but then the pressure is really low too.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Richard in OK

• Trad Bowhunter
Oklahoma's bow season runs from October 1 to January 15th -- and you can hunt through ML and rifle seasons without buying a rifle tag or ML tag. There is no primitive only season.
Richard

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
In Mo you can hunt Sept. 15th to Jan 15th,but ya gotta buy a gun tag to hunt the rut in the 11 days of rifle. Also gotta wear orange to bowhunt during youth ,rifle and late doe season...
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
Maryland - Archery season is from September 15 - January 31.

Shotgun/rifle and muzzleloader seasons are within the same time frame for about 15 days each. You can bowhunt during any of that time as long as you wear orange. No Traditional season.

Yes, I love bow season in Maryland. I also have plenty of decent public ground available close to where I live.
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
Our regular archery season runs until Dec. 31. Then there is a antlerless season in Jan. usually 10 days or so, in the past all unused tags were legal to use in this season with Your weapon of choice.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
I think this year was for deer, Sept 8th to Jan 1st northern zone, and another week for southern zone.....yep, can hunt with a bow the whole season.

Bear season scattered out, but also the entire bow season.,....and of course, hogs year round.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline buckshot95

• Trad Bowhunter
UP here in PA are archery season for deer is from end of September to 2 weeks into November. It ends up to 6 weeks of archery.  :archer:
52#@28"-60" Thunder Stick Moab
45#@28"-64" Fred Bear Montana

Offline White Oak

• Trad Bowhunter
Sept. 15 thru Dec. 31 here in Nebraska. The bow season closes for 9 days during the firearm season in November then re-opens.We share the woods with the smokepolers during the month of December.

Ed  :archer:

Offline allanburden

• Trad Bowhunter
forgot to add that in SC can hunt with a bow and harvest either sex during any open deer season.
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Offline laddy

• Trad Bowhunter
We have to put up with the inliners two weeks in october. Wehad a primitive area, but the state said the inliners were primitive so that's gone.  when we only shared the late season with the cap and ball crowd there were very few problems, by making it easy and giving them an October season,  the inline system has drawn in a breed of ""hunter"" that has discussions about how bowhunters only wound deer and that they are good out to 300 yards, and they think they can see in the dark with their scopes so that justifies shot in near dark conditions.  sorry for venting, but last year I almost got shot 40 minutes after sun down and the year before my son had a shot go over his head when he was walking out in the dark with a lit flashlight.  I am still mad about it. I wish bowhunters, compound and traditional could have the woods without the harassment.

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
I have to agree w/ the idea that calling a hi-tech, stainless steel, synthetic stocked, in-line w/ a variable power scope A PRIMITIVE weapon is one of the biggest jokes in all of hunting.
   I've never seen one in use here in Wyo and I hope I never do. Actually Wyo has a few areas/seasons set aside for muzzleloaders but not many, it's really not all that popular here.
   Back to bowhunting, I'd like to see Wyo extend bow season from the end of rifle season through about Jan 1st.  If they stipulated a primitive season, meaning trad only, the impact on game herds would be minimal to nonexistant.

Offline rbaustin

• Trad Bowhunter
Archery Season in Fla runs mid-Sept to Mid-October.
No special Trad season. Three zones South, North and Panhandle..you can start in south first week of Sept and follow season north to Panhandle and hunt thru end of October.
Shoot straight and tell the truth

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Here in the southern tier of NY, season opens Oct 13(second saturday) and then runs until opening of gun, usually around Nov 17-18. You can hunt with a bow through gun season, orange being a must. Then there is a week of bow/muzzleloader after gun season. About eight weeks of hunting, not counting the northern zone seasons and bow only areas.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline ronda

• Trad Bowhunter
west virginia's season is mid october to Dec. 31 and it doesnt stop for gun season. no trad only season

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
AR runs from Oct 1 thru Feb 28. Lots of WMAs and NWRs that are mostly archery only. They may have a weekend or two of permit gun hunts.
TX archery only is October. Then you can hunt during the regular season which ends in early Jan. Then you can hunt hogs and all kinds of other vermin the rest of the year.
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Here to the west of you by one state, Ours opens mid aug closes in mid-sept. But the powers to be moved the elk hunt up one week..So this year we get to hunt deer and elk from Aug. 16 to Sept. 7. Great season for elk   :banghead:  Then there is the Wasatch which is an extended hunt that can be good. And a couple other areas as well go to Dec 31st. Our seasons are choose your weapon, unless you do the "dedicated" hunter. I won't even touch that one. No traditional here, and I don't expect to see one, ever.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
3 months oct 1-jan6

Offline T-Mac

• Trad Bowhunter
As stated above Arkansas is oct 1 to Feb 28. You can us your bow through the gun seasons but you have to wear the orange and abide by the rules and limits that are in affect during each gun hunt in that area.
Slow down and enjoy life.  It's not only the scenery you
miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where
you are going and why.
-   Eddie Cantor

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©