INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Cards for our troops  (Read 933 times)

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
Cards for our troops
« on: December 02, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
Brother and Sisters in Chrit we are not mailing Christmas Cards to family and friends this year we are sending cards to our service people that are over seas and away from family and friends.  If you have someone over there please post their address so a card can be sent to them. I will start by posting my son address.
Steven Freeman
HHD 57 Trans BN
APO AE 09366
At this time of year a piece of mail is a thril to recieve on my cards I have been thanking them for the job they are doine.
God Bless
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cards for our troops
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
Excellent idea. I'd given up on sending cards years ago for many reasons, but this might be a great project for us all.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
Having been in the service I know first hand how much a letter or card for home or anywhere for that matter is welcomed. I will send him something. They need to know we do need them to do what they do even if their commander in chief if weak.
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »
Amen to that, at least I can email him from time to time and know he is OK....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »
I sent your son a card the other day for Christmas. I told him how proud I was to be able to send him this card. I also told him as well as sent my e-mail address and told him to pass it around as I would love to corrospond with anyone who wanted to do so. Thanks for allowing me this honor to do something for our boys and girls over there. I would like to tell you Merry Christmas and ask if you would pass it on to him when you talk to him. Thanks again for sharing.......
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »
I got an email for him this morning everything  is fine and thanks for taking the time to send him a card. Like you said you have been there and know what they are feeling like this time of year being away from family and friends especially his 3 children.

In HIS service
Dave

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »
praying for our troops

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©