INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: grandpa passed  (Read 1057 times)

Offline eman614

• Trad Bowhunter
grandpa passed
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »
well today started worse than most any other day than i can recall. i got a phone call this morning from my aunt saying that i may want to stop in and see grandpa before i go to work cause he wasn't doing well. so i hurried up and headed that way, well i got another call when i was at the top of there drive, not 5 minutes later, saying that he had passed away.
one interesting thing is, i'm not a very religous man , i do believe in Christ, but don't do a whole lot of "praying".  last night i did a lot of praying, asking the Lord to bring my grandpa comfort, and peace. i honestly believe that my prayers were answered, even if it wasn't exactly what i had in mind.
i want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts. they were and still are much appreciated.
thank you all, eric

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: grandpa passed
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
Prayers on the way for the entire family. You Grandpa is in OUR LORDS loving arms.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
ERic,

Make no apology for not being "religious". I prefer my Christian brothers and sisters to be spiritual vs. religous. True belief is working to build a stronger Relationship with Christ, not about rules and regulations...that is often "religion." Too much has been done to judge and hurt others with a club called "religion."

Indeed, your prayers were answered. Your grandpa now stands before Christ, whole and perfect.

Now my prayers are for the rest of you. That God might bring through Christ's promised HOly Spirit, the "peace that passes all understanding" and wrap His eternal loving arms around each and every one of you according to your need.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
Eric the Lord heard you. My heart is heavy for you loss. But I am sure your grandpa is in glory and would not come back even if he could. prayers for you and your family will continue. Keep the faith.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »
Amen to Doc & Stic
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »
Prayer sent for you and your family.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
Sorry for your loss. Grandpa's with God now and it sounds like he called him home peacefully. Prayers sent for you and your family.

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Prayers from here..

Not much more to add that has not been said already..

Prayers for comfort and peace...

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »
Prayers from our home.  God bless.

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
praying for you,i know what it is like to be hit with the reality that you will never see a person again. it's a loss that you don't realize until it's there.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©