INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Small prayer request for Pop (UPDATED)  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Small prayer request for Pop (UPDATED)
« on: December 12, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »
Been a couple months since I asked you generous folks for prayers for Pop.

He took a tumble at his ladyfriend's apt down the hall from his on Tuesday. He never let me know. They took him to a nearby horespistol for X-rays and declared him ok at 87. Back he goes.

Then he tells me a day later. Finally I get a call that he has to ask the nurses from the resident nursing facility next door to come help him position in bed! What the???

He's so stove up he can barely move... and made a doc's appt for this AM at 8. Shoot... last day of deer season...had a tag left, but you bet that I'm there to get him to the doc...

Only one problem, if he can't move in bed on his own, how's he gonna get dressed down to the front and into my F150 in his condition???

I call his doc and apparently, Pops hitting the pain pills too hard...they never knew his state of soreness, so I'm meeting his doc at the facility when he's done with the morning office patients and will stop to see dad on his way home.

At 87, he just got over horrific pain from having to lie flat for a catscan, then a catherization from a mild heart attack several months back... and now this. Not sure what this topplin back stuff is about either.

Prayers requested that nothing major is wrong and he can mend well enough.... He's living on a razor's edge as it is with his failing heart valve and clogged artieries...now this.

Lord in your mercy...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Small prayer request for Pop (UPDATED)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
Amen Dave! Praying for God's best
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »
Prayers sent from here....
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »
Continue prayers as always.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »
Thanks. They have pop up sitting ina  chair. Gave him a bath somehow...good thing, he was starting to smell like an ole billy goat after that long in bed without moving.

He's not happy about the pain. Dad hates pain. He wants to take a pill, go to sleep and wake up all better!  :)

They're doing blood work ups (cause they can) and more x-rays to be sure being in bed he doesn't get pneumonia.

Sure appreciate the prayers. Hopefully, they can reduce the pain a bit, keep him washed and get him and his bowels moving so he can migrate to rehab.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline eman614

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »
prayer sent. hope he gets better soon.
eric

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
You got 'em, bud. My dad is 86, and I know the angst that accompanies the escapades of the aging.
I am praying for your dad, yes, but also that you have the ability to deal with all the emotional fluctuations that accompany the ups and downs in your father's life.

It seems as though they nail themselves to the perch, and all we can do is try to prop them up when they seem to lean. Bless you and your dad, Dave.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »
Amen and the same to you and your father Killdeer
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
Thanks, Kathy. Sorry that you know the angst so well.  Dad's had a full life. Doc's told he and I that with his heart valve issues, he'd have approximately 5 years +/-. That is up in the spring.

Seeing his Mom and one sister go through dementia, I'd rather he lived to enjoy his time and then Lord just take him vs. living in a cloud not knowing anyone.

You're right, too, Killy, about the roller coaster. Saturday was the end of our deer season, a perfect weather day and I was packed and ready to go salute the end, but parents come first.

He's in good care and if nothing's broken, and if they can keep him from getting pneumonia now, he should be into rehab sometime toward mid-week.

He just got out of that in Oct! Nobody's even focusing yet on why he just keeled over backwards.  :(

Benson, thanks for the continued prayers. You're always right there like so many others.

Peace to all.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
Prayers continue for your Dad.

Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
prayers going up
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »
Dave, more prayers are sent for both you and your dad.

Offline Buffalo Two Fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »
Prayers sent

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
Thanks, guys. I got a call that he will be moved from the hospital to the nursing facilty attached to the apartment community in which he lives.

He's had a rough go since August with one thing after another..now he has to fight back through all this trauma induced pain and learn to walk and motivate all over again...been 3x since August...

HOpefully, he's up for the task and can get back on his feet and back to his apartment and idependent living. I don't know I want to be around him if he has to go assisted living in a one room setting and give up all his "stuff."

Thanks for the prayers. He wants to make 90! He's got 2.5 yrs to go!  :)  

Thanks for your support. It means a lot... from those who post and many I know who do not...but offer a prayer for ole Titus.  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
Prayers sent for your dad.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »
Prayers for dad and family.  Take care Dave.

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 01:59:00 AM »
Prayers up for your Dad!
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 08:51:00 AM »
Thanks, Guys. Dad is in rehab, at the nursing facility attached to his apt. They have no phones there so it's hard to keep up on his progress. I watched him in rehab/PT yesterday and that was painful to watch.

He's struggled back so often since late Summer with one thing after another...and this time... he really shows a lot of weakness and seemingly MORE pain...but this was a hard fall backwards, so perhaps it's to be expected.

Care in those/this facility seems marginal at times. I had to fight the nursing team to get his surgical full length support socks on him. He was up all day till I got there yesterday without ANY on!  :(  

Looks like he'll be there for Christmas for sure... and beyond.

Thanks for the prayers for his Healing.

Lord, in your mercy...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »
Praying for strength and comfort. God's best to you and your father.

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »
Prayers sent for you and your father.
                                 James
Chinese Proverb: Never remove a fly from a friends forehead with a hatchet...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©