INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The battle is over and life begins(update)  (Read 5702 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The battle is over and life begins(update)
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »
Charlie,

Hang in there. The darkest hour is just before dawn!

Keep the Son in your eyes... only way to see our way through the darkness...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
Praying for God's help in your struggles, Charlie.
Email me.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline eaglefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
charlie I"m just around the corner if ya need me eaglefeather.  :thumbsup:

Offline Buffalo Two Fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
Found out today, that the damage has been done, and there is nothing that can be done to correct it.  I will be doing exercises the rest of my life, at least 30 mins a day, just so I can stand and funtion at some level.  Not good.  Was also told that if I get another infection in my inner ear, I will be right back were I am now, so I ask how do I prevent that???  You don't.  Even the flu or a good sinus infection and trigger this all over again.  Well I refuse to live in a glass bubble, so if someone see's someone staggering around looking out of place,  just trun me around and point me in another direction, because I sure don't know what direction I am going in now...........
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Will continue praying
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline macclare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
Praying for you brother

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
Charlie,

Keep on believing... God doesn't abandon us, just allows us time in the desert time and again to help us focus.

Sorry for the news of permanent condition. Human body adapts amazingly. Heck, some folks even think I'm "normal" so there ya go!  :)

Seriously, keep smilin. It's good medicine. Prayers for strength, direction and a job!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
Found out today, that they will call me tomorrow and let me know when my job and benifits will cease.  Now no insurance or job.  Car was repoed last week, and down to change in my pocket.  This is just not what I expected out of life.  I have no idea what road to take or try.  I have to find something to survive, just have no idea where or what to look for.   Keep me in your prayers please
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
You have and will remain in my folks prayers, Charlie.

I knew about the car, but now this with the insurance? Dang, Son.

May God provide you insight, discernment and direction amdist all this turmoil.  If your job says you can't work, consider hitting on your local DC representative to see about getting support for SS Disability.  I know, I know...but it's there for a reason for folks who've been dealt a tough hand...not what it's become.

Keep the Son in your eyes....and there is no shame in coming back and "talking" to your brothers/sisters here. That's what "community in Christ" is all about...None of this "final post" stuff!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »
Still praying and now for strength and wisdom.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
Had another visit to the Dr. yesterday, and it's official. I have lost, for various reasons, inner ear and eye nerves, just about 50 per cent of my balance system. Going to be a rough time learning what I can do and still stand or what I can do without having to lay down to stop the dizziness. They have taken me off of the blood thinners that was suppose to get more oxygen to the nerves, but the damage is done. So now it's a trial and error on different meds, (tranquilizers) to get me to be able to function on a somewhat normal basis. Driving??? Almost out. Bending, leaning over, jumping up and down, all the fun things in life just about out. Not sure yet whether I will be able to shoot, until the meds take over and stabilize me somewhat. Have to go to SS and apply for disability next week, as that is my last hope for getting some income. Going to be rough for a long time it appears, but when I look at other post, mine is somewhat of a lesser problem, but one I have to learn to live with, if possible. Please keep me in your prayers

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »
Nothing you are going through is not important to God. Prayers sent.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
Charlie,

You've been dealt a serious hand, for sure. But it's not the C word. The human body can adapt and compensate in miraculous ways...even for us old farts!  :)

Don't let this beat you. Determine yourself to enlist God's armour and beat it back down to submission...

No, you will never be the same...but I'm reminded of Toby Keith's song... "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm good once as I ever was!"

Print that! Put it on your bathroom mirror! Live it and believe it! You can find a way to keep fullfillment in your life while dealing with the crappy hand you've been dealt.

I'm not minimizing. But I've met you and there is way too much life and living in you to give up. Retrain your senses! Make it a priority to NOT let this beat you brother!

Call if you need to! PM me or email me for a number. I ain't got no silver bullet but I do have 2 good ears...even though I flap my yap a lot, I listen good too!  :)

Hugs, brother

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »
Lord please help my brother find what is needed to get him on the right path. I am reminded by your word that we are to give thanks in all things. That is what I'm doing right now. I thank you for Doctors who have the knowledge to find these things and for the knowledge that You have given them to know how to treat them as well. I thank You for my brothers post about others being in more need then he. It shows forth his strength to look past himself and fine the needs of others. Lord I pray that You will allow his claim to SS to go thru without all the red tape that comes with this. But most of all I pray for understanding and wisdom for this brother to see where You are working and where You would have him join you in service. I ask all this in Your Holy and blessed name....Amen.

Charlie, thank you for sharing with us here and thank you for asking me to life you up in prayer....Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
Thank Doc Nock and Rookie.  And to everyone who has put me in their thoughts and prayers.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 10:49:00 AM »
Amen and prayers continue. Remember that God let things go from bad to impossible before He raised Lazarus from the dead so He could give people faith in His purpose and love.

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
Charlie, I will keep you in my daily thoughts and prayers...
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »
Wow, difficult times for sure.  Prayer on the way.  

Life is not easy.  For some stretches it can be for us lucky to live in a great country, but trial and tribulations fall on all of us.  Don't forget the majority of the people on this earth live way below the poverty level.  They are happy to have drinkable water, a little food, and some make shift shelter.  Forget about health care or even a doctor.  You will be OK, just hang in there.

It is through the hard times I most clearly see the hand of God and learn to lean on him more and me less.  We tend to think we don't need him when things go good.  It is a huge blessing and encouragement to see God work, but it is often not easy.  

I know it is hard, but when I don't think I can go anymore with hard times, I try and count my blessings.  Looking at the good stuff in your life will pick you up.  Having a savior in Jesus and promise of eternal life without problems is the best possible thing you can ever have.  No mater what happens in this life, I have that.  Like my pastor likes to say,  The only thing you can take to heaven is people.  Eventually we all loose our stuff, health, and lives.

I know it is very hard for you right now, but nothing is impossible for God if you trust in him!
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
Got my paperwork from SS this morning.  Have an appointment on 7/14.  Now it's just wait and see.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©