INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The battle is over and life begins(update)  (Read 5691 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The battle is over and life begins(update)
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
Prayers, Charlie, for His will in all this to show through and bring you peace.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
Good Luck with SS. If you get full diasability, It takes 2 years of disability payments before medicare kicks in. Then you get part A (hospitalization) automatically at no cost to you. You become eligible for Part B (medical) at the same time, but you have to pay a premium. If you decline part B and try to sign up later during the annual open enrollment (jan-Mar) it won't kick in until that July.

If you are covered under someone else's plan as a dependent/spouse MAKE SURE YOU KNOW IF THEY WILL PAY YOUR BILLS IF YOU DON'T SIGN UP FOR PART B!!!!!!!!!!!! I got screwed because I thought my wife was covered (she had carry over coverage for 5 years through LT Disability insurance) and decided not to pay the 2nd premium. Now the insurance won't cover her as primary although it still pays her prescriptions. They say because she was eligible they ASSUME she has the coverage! SO now she has almost no medical coverage until we get to open enrollment/July of 2011...18months with no health insureance the way the timing is working out!

They will find a way to screw you!

Drop me a note if you think the situation applies to you and I'll give you more details.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »
prayers sent bro i hope everything turns out ok
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
Thanks again everyone.  This really means a lot to me and helps more than you will ever know.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2010, 05:23:00 AM »
Well I filled out all the paperwork online, and have an appointment tomorrow 7/14 with the SS department.  Say a prayer for me please.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
Prayers are up

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
Bubba Charlie,

Hang in there bro. I know things are tough. If you get turned down, I hear that somewhere near 65% do and then you got to sic a legal beagle on their butts! Today we have to fight for even what's due.  :(

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
Had the meeting this morning.  Now the wait begins, they said it would be up to 120 days before a decision.  So, here I sit, and day one is not even over.......lol.  Hope for the best

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
Prayers continue.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
Lord Bless Charles Jefferson for your greater glory. Lead him to understanding & peace.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
Got a letter yesterday that SS have received my claim and is reviewing it with the doctors.  Got a call last week stating that if they can not decide on what the doctors say, they will send me to one of their doctors.  Got some help through social services for food, so things are at least moving in a direction.  Hopefully they will see and understand my problems and give me the disability.  Have lost so much, but have everything to gain and start life over, just in a different approach and attitude.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
Keep the Son in your eyes on this one, Charlie, and a phone number of one of those attorney types that specialize in helping you get yoru SSI/SSDI or whatever you should get!

Prayers for His Will to be your assistance and re-direction.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
charlie we are very sorry to hear of your situation. i don't understand what your going through, most of us have gone through trials and are still here to pray for you. we're all living examples of his power. there was a time i wanted to give up,(certainly thought about it a lot),down in my soul i knew god didn't want me to. he wanted me, heart, mind, body, and soul. it may sound easy for us to tell you to have faith, but i truly believe it's easier for those of us that have seen what he can do. Blind Faith, When We Know That We Know, He Is Faithful and give it to him. we want to have hope with doctors, but it all starts with him and then you. there may be some that won't agree with me, but i truly believe our prayers can't be heard until you surrender eveything to him. so many times in his word, story after story, he did not bring them out until they truly realized who he was. if you have truly surrenderd, i ask your forgiveness. i pray you haven't thought i've been judgemental, i'm not, only GOD knows your heart. only the truth will set you free. we love you brother, don't give up the good fight, GOD and his warriors have got your back. through CHRIST you already have all the weapons to win this battle.  :knothead:    :clapper:  YOU WIN,

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
Bucksdown.  God has been with me every step in every battle I have ever fought.  He knows that I a faitfull to him and have been always.  Sometimes one just has to think there has to be a reason why things happen like they do, and never get to understand why they do.  All I am asking is that my brothers of the bow family keep me in their thoughts thats all.  What ever happens is for a reason I know, but for some of us, the real reason will never be know.  As for beating the dead horse and being a knot head, I will reframe from asking of yours or anyones thoughts or prayers.  The only one that I need to help me is God as I know without "HIM" I am nothing.  Sometimes it is nice just to talk, but I think my talking is not needed, so I will just reframe from saying any more.  Thank each and every one of you that have shared with me.  But now, I will put this to rest.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2010, 09:54:00 PM »
Stay strong brother, Prayers to you and your family.
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline eaglefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »
stepby stepbrick by brick brother.right there with ya!

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
charlie please, please forgive me, the last thing i would ever want to do is to say or do anything that would cause you to stop reaching out to us. i should have kept my big mouth shut. the things i said was to us all, and me posting it on your personal prayer request was very insenitive on my part. i'm sitting here kicking myself. your not the one that's wrong here, it's me. there is no one here that doesn't love you and care about the troubles your having. i went through a very tough time a few years back and if hadn't been for people like you guys praying for me and being there for me i wouldn't have made it. i wish you knew me and my heart, i love you and only want the very best GOD has for you. i will continue to pray for you, and ask that you pray for me. from now on i will keep a low profile on the prayers and concerns thread. i do believe you have a close reletionship with the lord. i love you brother, your greatest blessing is just ahead. i'm sorry

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
Sent you an email, Charlie. John shows a good heart... So just hang in there. We're here with you and for you and we need your prayers too!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »
I will be here Doc, that you don't need to worry about, and I send out a lot more prayers than I have ever ask for, that you can depend on always as well.  I know for a fact that prayers work, and have been guided by many, but sometimes it just gets a little much to handle all at once.  One day at a time, and one God guidence. No need to ask for forgiveness bucksdown, you did nothing wrong, just helped me with a wakeup call thats all.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
doc noc is right, i'm holding on to one of them "prayer knots" i'll include you in my knot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©