INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The battle is over and life begins(update)  (Read 5690 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The battle is over and life begins(update)
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
Charlie,

Let me start by saying it was a pleasure finally meeting you at ATAR this past July....after all the online meetings....I just wish I had more time to sit and visit.  I was battling some of my own demons that weekend, it has been a rough several months for me personally.....so I apologize for not being great company at times.....

Keep up the fight, and I will keep praying for you and your situation......

Lee Vivian

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
charlie your on my heart this morning, i pray everything's going better for you. i know brother it's been said thousands of times, one step and one day at a time. i know how us men are, we want it all fixed today. hang in there brother we love you.  :pray:

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
Thanks Bucksdown.  Thats it, one day, and one step at a time.  Have had a couple bad days, but the last two have allowed me to get some things done to catch up a little bit.  Feels good too.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
Celebrate each and every blessed small victory, Charlie! We'll celebrate each one of them with you and mourn the bad days as well.

Keep the Son in your eyes, brother!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
Give me strength.  At some point, I am sure we have all said enough is enough.  After reading another post from someone who wanted to go home, I had to take a good look within myself, knowing how he felt, but not under the circustances.

My battle just got another loop thrown in it.  Offically as of Aug 30, all insurance benifits have be canceled due to having been out of work on disability for over the time period allowed.  I knew it was coming, but just did not know when.

Now a new chapter has to be opened and read.  What can you do?  What is there you can do?  When will it end?  The thoughts, the questions, no answers.

I know the same with you Doc.  It just never ends, but somehow, someway, things always has a way of working out, its just the trial and tribulations of dealing with them that is so tough.  

Not sure where this will lead me either, but it's another road to have to make unknown choices on.  Does the road ever end?  Does it ever get you back in the right direction?  Only time will tell, and for now, that's what I have is time.

Thanks to everyone who has kept me in their thoughts.  I guess I just needed to let it out.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
This is a good place to let it out. Praying for God's hand to move on your behalf.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
Charles, the end of the road will find you walking on streets made of gold and where there is no pain. A place where we will never have to ask when will it all end because we don't want it to end. No tears, no sickness, no trouble of any kind. That is where the road will end in one sense and life will finally began. That is when we will be rewarded for how we walked the trails we had here. I know we sometimes lose our focus due to the tears in our eyes but the true reward is when our Heavenly Father says "Well done thou good and faithful servent, enter into my eternal rest". That is where it will all end. But until that time we have to bear each others burdens with prayer and encouragement and any other way we can. I pray for you and ask God to give you understanding to get you thru this time in your life. .......P.U.S.H. Pray Until Something Happens.....Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »
I've often wondered if the vagaries of declining health as we age is the Lord's way of trying to get our attention.  Each of us would have different things He might be trying to get us to pay attention to... my list is long.

Charlie, I recall you'd applied for SSI etc. I advised then and will restate that a good law firm is needed unfortunately to get what is deserved and needed. Been in that biz few years back where our agency handled some folks... amazing to see what alcoholics who rotted out their livers and drug addicts who no longer could work having ruined their health got more easily than a working stiff whose health took a bad turn. You need a hard-nosed legal beagle barking trail for ya, bud!

I often lament things and then remember that saying, "it's always darkest just before dawn."

That has always been my reality: I am about to feel I CAN NOT endure another thing...and then it gets PILED ON! And when I "give up" trying to do it and finally turn to God..totally, in submission and humility, He always shows a way out. Maybe not what I like, but it's always just enough and just in time.

My prayers are that you be lifted up, renewed and strengthened to await God's "just-in-time" resource management program!  :)

Keep the Son in your eyes, Charlie!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »
I want to take the time to thank everyone who has kept me in their thoughts and prayers.  I found out this morning, that my SS Disability has been approved and things will move forward from here.

It has been a grueling 8 months both physicallly, metnally, and financially.  Now my new life style can begin without reservations.  I know what my limitations are and what I can do, and now start a new beginning.  I am so thankfull for all the blessing's I have received this past year.  When times were tough, you people helped me, comforted me, and kept me on the right track.  And I again, thank you so very very much from the bottom of my heart.

To each and every one of you that are having troubled times in your life, keep the faith.  As I a possitive proof that it does wonders and heals many wounds. You will all be in my prayers for your guidence and help.

Thanks again and God Bless you all

Charlie

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »
:pray:    :jumper:
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
Good to hear. Prayers for a smooth transition
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
GOD IS GOOD! that is so wonderful. we've all wondered when he was gonna be there, why are we so surprised when he always shows up on time everytime? your truly a great wittness, thank you for sharing everything with us, it helps all our faith grow. i know you will keep pressing on, pm me if i can help in any way. GOD bless you.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by stringstretcher:
I found out this morning, that my SS Disability has been approved and things will move forward from here.

When times were tough, you people helped me, comforted me, and kept me on the right track.  And I again, thank you so very very much from the bottom of my heart.

Charlie
First, congratulations on the Disability approval. I only know a bit of your physical situation from Johnny, but man, it sounds rough and so bizarre. I'm over joyed that you've gotten things ironed out! Praises to Him for helping bring this to closure and for keeping you centered in tough times.

Second, you're comment I quoted. This forum has kept my head above water many times when the waves were crashing over my head and I thought I'd go under.

Paying it forward is the best joy I've had in recent years.

Reading updates like yours, well, Charlie...

Keep the Son in your eyes!   :D

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »
So GLAD TO HEAR THE NEWS CHARLIE!!!

I pray for your continued healing, sir!
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
Prayers answered ...way cool...

Will keep you and yours in the line...

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by NorthernCaliforniaHunter:
So GLAD TO HEAR THE NEWS CHARLIE!!!

I pray for your continued healing, sir!
I echo the same feels.

God Continue His Blessings

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
charlie that's great, we all know GOD won't put more on us than we can bear, there have been times i've said, i wish you didn't feel i could handle this much. you may be feeling the same way, it's only the trials we've gone through that we can be a witness to the truth he will bring you through. it truly does build our faith. charlie your gonna make it, i know you will. that is the GOD we serve.

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
I'm sorry I've been missing in action, but I will pray for you and for your health to be restored to you

Joe
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Well I could use some more thoughts in my direction.  After all this battle this year and last, getting on disability and trying to make things right with people that I have feather work for and to get out, today my only form of transportations blew up.  When it rain it pours on this old boy for sure.  Just another hurdle to try and get over, but man, this has been an on going struggle for over 2 years now, and it looks like there is no stopping to it.  Just venting again I guess, but letting everyone know that I am ok, and dealing with all this the best I can and will make good on all my feather work for sure.  Just going to take some time.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »
Gentlemen and Ladies,

I can say that trying to keep in touch with Charlie on a personal email basis, I can say that this man is truly an icon of resilience.

He never mentioned that they tried "new Rx" on him and he went into a downward spiral, then back on his old meds and he's slowly recovering.

He shared some tales of a recent outing he was on that made me shivver. Most of us would quit, but not Charlie!

Charlie,

I'm fessin on you cause folks here need to know to pray not just for a set of wheels, but for your doctor's to get a better handle on this malise and the Lord to step in and do some fixing of His Own on ya!

I'm sorry to hear about your vehicle.   :(  I have to take my F150 in tomorrow cause my tranny is acting up. HOping it's just a seal leaking and a new one, filter and such will keep me goin another 100,000 miles!

Prayers for strength to carry on, miraculous heaing of this mystery malise and a benefactor to come forth with a transportation "fix" for ya!

Keep the Son in your eyes! You do that well and are a model for the rest of us, brother!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©