INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Hours cut to 17-20.  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
Hours cut to 17-20.
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
Don't know why I have worked as hard as I can. Please pray I feel like I can't fight anymore.

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hours cut to 17-20.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
George,
praying for you.

sammy

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
Prayers sent for you.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
When you get to the end of your rope, George, tie a prayer knot and hang on.

The Lord hasn't singled YOU out for this suffering... It is not a punishment on you. This may just be a slight insight for us all into what my parent generation knew growing up through the Great Depression.

Keep the Son in your eyes, bro.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »
I too will pray for you that God will open you another door or that the door He is holding open for you now will be revealed to you. Lord open our eyes to see what the world will never be able to see without you in their lives. Show us great and mighty things as we look toward you for guidance and protection. ( Jeremiah 33:3) Just as you opened the eyes of Elisha's servent to show the thing he could not see without your help. 2 Kings 6: 16-17. Thank you for hearing our prayers as we ask this in your name Lord Jesus, Amen..... Thank you for asking us to do this thing for you.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
Pray hard. Please.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »
Amen & praying
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline jerry r baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
Exodus 14 14
The Lord will fight for you,
and you shall hold your peace.
Jerry R Baker

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
Just got off work. Now they say that I may lose my job completely. Keep me and mine in your thoughts.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
George,

We all are only a paycheck away from that reality anymore. There is little security.

Reflecting on your situation, I realize that when I got that big job offer back Sept 18 mos ago or so, I gave God such credit and praise. I felt so blessed and lived it...

Then when they pulled the rug out from under me, and elminated the job 11 days before I was to be moved lock stock and double barrel,  I wondered "why God, why?" I didn't continue to give thanks and praise...and was out for 13 months!

Then I got a humbling job for chump change, costs me $65/week in gas money and I put in 45 hrs and drive another 10/week to and from.

I'm grateful for the work, but I'm not feeling the gratitude as it wears and grinds on me and I dig a hole wearing my 03 truck to the bones.

My point is that it made me stop and wonder today if we're really, as the Apostle Paul says, to give thanks for our hardships...?

I always thought he was a bit "touched" on that one, but am beginning to see it's validity more and more.

This from a daily devotional a few days back smacked me right between the eyes!

"God promises to meet all your financial needs, if you (1) ask him for help; (2) learn to be content; (3) practice giving in faith; (4) maintain your integrity; and (5) trust him with your life --

Worry is really just a form of atheism. Every time you worry, you're acting like an atheist. You're saying, "It all depends on me." That's just not in the Bible. [That one struck close to home]

Worry is a warning light that you doubt the love of God. Yet, the Bible says God "provides food for those who fear him; he remembers his covenant forever." (Psalm 111:5, NIV)

And the book of Romans tells us that God sent his son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for you to pay for your salvation. If God loves you enough to send his own son to die for you, don't you think he loves you enough to take care of your bills?

Don't you realize that any other problem is minor by comparison, that he solved your biggest problem when he saved you? The bottom line is really this: Am I going to believe that God will do what he says he will do -- that he will provide for me?

If you're serious about being set free from financial fears, then it's your choice. But you must choose to do what God has clearly told you to do. He's laid it out. He said, "I will do this -- the promise -- if you will obey the premise.""

Keep the Son in your eyes and praise Him always.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
Amen for me too
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
Benha, said a prayer for you and me.I'm in the same position that your in.After 25 years on the job,I have no job.But the lord has provided for me in a great way.Also gave a word of thanks for Doc Noc for his eye opening words.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Prayer sent

God Bless

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
GOD IS GOOD! I know alot of you were praying about this situation. Met with the owner of the company today and it has been decided that starting Monday my hours will be increased rather than cut. Can't explain it but I'll say it again GOD IS GOOD!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »
Amen! Good news indeed, George!  Thank you, Lord!

Wow...great way to start a snow-bound weekend of prediction up to 18-30" of white stuff...

You go George...be prepared to do 2 men's work!  :)  You can handle it!!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
My supervisor went to the wall for me. I have been giving it my all. Ashamed I allowed my faith to be so weak. Just hard sometimes.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
You ain't alone, George. You ain't alone. That is why God created us to be in community... alone we're toast. Together, we're awesome.

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
:clapper:     :pray:
Good words Doc and great news!

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
I like good news.Thank you

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
CONGRATS, PLEASE DO NOT CHIDE YOURSELF, GROW FROM IT.
GOD'S PEACE
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©