INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for a 9 year old (Stage 2)  (Read 4322 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for a 9 year old (Stage 2)
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »
Found this from Adler's mom on his carepage. Thank you all for your prayers, he has been strengthened.

Adler also started chemotherapy today. As soon as his spinal tap was over, he got up right away to go to the bathroom. As I was asking him, "Adler, are you sure you feel like getting up?" He assured me by saying, "Mom, I feel like I have the energy of twelve people."  
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
May that energy be the Holy Spirit bouying up the young man for whatever lies ahead. Attitude. IT's what makes the devil tremble!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »
Tears of Joy for such a Big Little Man! Prayers continue.
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »
Here's another note from Adler's mom today. Your prayers continue to bring strength and healing. Thank you.

"Today was another great day! Adler was excited to see all his friends at school! His doctor's appointment went well. We met another oncologist today. There are six oncologists on the team at UNMH--we have met four of them. The doctor was very generous with his time--we appreciated his thoughtful and thorough answers to our questions. Adler's labs came back looking good, so we are on schedule for the spinal tap tomorrow. Pray that things go as smoothly as the first, and for Jeff because it is his turn to be in the room during the procedure. Tonight, Adler played basketball with the neighbors and a little bit of baseball with his dad. Adler has been wanting a mohawk (since he was five he informed me) so tonight we gave him his new 'do! He looks as cute as ever--definitely a picture we will post as soon as we download the pictures off our phone. Adler is editing my post...he does not want me refering to him as "cute." I take back ever saying it! (Yes, my fingers are crossed)
One of the drugs he is taking is really firing up his appetite--he is planning on getting up at 11:00 pm to finish off the barbeque ribs from dinner because he can not eat any breakfast! I think Jeff is on duty for that, too!"
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
Fantastic!!!!!!
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
There a long way from outa the woods, but that brings tears of joy--just reading the hope in Mom's words. Thank you, Jesus!

Prayers continue for a great recovery and all glory to Him.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline djohnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »
My family will keep you in our prayers.A good friend of mine is fighting the lymphoma beast head on at this time.His was not discovered before it made it into his bones.Keep the strength for your friend and his son.There will be trying times ahead, but there IS hope.
John 3:16

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
Here's another note from Adler's mom. Hope these updates are helpful and encourage you in your prayers.

Blessings abound! Adler's spinal tap and chemo went very smoothly today. The spinal tap was done in the clinic, and it was a much more relaxed atmosphere. Jeff was eager to watch the entire procedure--I was happy to sit in my chair and watch Adler's "handsome" face! It is amazing to me the support that is available to families faced with a cancer diagnosis...it seems to me that someone has thought of everything. Adler was a champ again, and his infusion/chemo went smoothly as well. We stopped by school to round up some last minute things for report cards, and Adler went out and played on the playground. We are hoping he feels well enough to go to closing chapel--if he does, he is going to play "The Lamb" on the piano with Mrs. Walquist. They had been planning to play before school ended, and when she saw him at school today she asked him if he felt up to it. We will see what the morning brings, but he is excited about the possibility. Today when our principal went to the Post Office to mail a package, the man behind the counter asked,"Who are we praying for?" when he saw the pin Mr. Angell was wearing with Adler's picture on it. When Mr. Angell told him, the gentleman took out a prayer list from his pocket and added Adler's name to it. We have been so inspired by prayer warriors--the ones we know, and the ones we won't meet until heaven...What a reunion! What a privilege we have been given to tap into God's power on behalf of others. How amazing that He hears and answers every single prayer according to His will! How secure does it feel to know we are safe in His arms!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
Whew... there is a couple and family that has figured out what is important and why...

Prayers continue for some amazing folks in a devilish situation.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Warberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
Wow,, Godbless, and Best Wishes.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 11:51:00 PM »
Here's the latest update. BTW your prayers are helping, Thanks!

Today we had the first of four appointments this week. Today was a home health care visit to draw labs to check Adler's sodium levels (We didn't get any results back by this evening, so hopefully they will have the results by morning). Tomorrow is a big day! Usually a pet scan is not done until the end of the induction period (in Adler's case the first thirty-five days). Research has shown that chemotherapy can put a pretty big dent in the growths related to lymphoma in a short amount of time. Tomorrow Adler has a pet scan to see how much the tumor in his chest has shrunk as well as the other areas infected. I can hardly wait to see how the Lord's healing hand has been at work! Please pray that God will amaze all of us, and that Adler's appetite will be supressed in the morning so that he isn't miserable in the time leading up to his scan at 10:00. (He is eating....scrambled eggs as I am writing this post...SURPRISE!!!)

Ethan and Adler danced to their new favorite CD "Crazy Frog" for an hour straight this afternoon (Thanks Rhonda) with sweat just dripping from their bodies. Tonight they played catch in the street just like they always have. Adler was even accessed (meaning the needle and tubing are inserted into his port from the outside of his skin--like in his mohawk picture)! He has had such a normal level of energy that we are even going to ask the doctor if he can make an appearance in tomorrow's game. We are prepared for the logical answer--but it doesn't hurt to ask. Maybe tomorrow will be full of surprises!

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 05:07:00 AM »
LORD WE ARE LIFTING UP OUR LITTLE BROTHER AND HIS FAMILY THIS MORNING TO ASK YOU TO SHOW FORTH THE HEALING YOU HAVE DONE TO HIS LITTLE BODY. We ask you to control him desire for food till after the test in the morning and that you allow the doctors to say he can dress for the game. We know all of these things are important to this family and to the little fellow as well. We know that you are the one who has allowed the healing and given us the knowledge to be able to treat this tumor. I would ask that you do all of these things not so much for those who are close to this but for all of those who don't know you as their Lord and Savior so that they will see you thru all of this. Your power has shone and will continue to shine in this thing. Thank you for this web site that allows us to share with one another our burdens and sorrows. I thank you for all you do thru this site and for all those who pray for us. Lord again I lift up this little fellow and all who are affected by this. It is in your name that I ask these things believing that you will do them according to your will,,,,Amen. Thanks and God bless your and yours...........Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 08:17:00 AM »
Amen to prayer warrior Rookie@51's prayer.

Adler and family: Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »
prayers sent

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »
Good news.    :archer:
"It's quarter to ten and we just walked in from finishing our dinner at Dions--what a great way to celebrate having BOTH  :)  our boys on the field again at the same time!!! The oncologist today said to have Adler play if he felt like playing--and play he did! He sat the first two innings, played two innings at center field, and then played two innings at his favorite position--second base! He got on base with a walk, and came home scoring a run. Second time up at bat, he struck out....but who's complaining? It was a great evening, sitting in the stands with friends, cheering on the boys!

This morning's appointment went well. Adler's sodium is still down, the oncologist didn't seem too concerned as it can be a side effect from one of the chemo drugs. He said it is good to know how Adler's body responds to the drug, because it is one of the drugs he will be getting a lot of in other phases of his treatment. The pet scan went well--the liquid that Adler had to drink was disgusting, but once again he drank it like a champ. I read to him this time during the scan so the test passed fairly quickly. We will get the results of the scan on Thursday when we go in for his clinic visit/chemo. The doc was nice and had the nurses draw his labs for tomorrow today, so tomorrow we have the day off! Looking forward to that!!! Thanks for the prayers...Tomorrow I will upload some pictures of the breakfast burrito Adler had after his scan today as well as some of the baseball pictures from tonight!!! God is SO GOOD!!!"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
What a neat lady and great Mom! Its a joy to pray for this family...

Lord in your mercy...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
Here's a picture of Adler with his new mohawk

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 12:22:00 AM »
Lord thank you for answering our prayers on all accounts. We are undeserving of this much mercey and yet you still give this to us. Thank you for showing yourself in control and reminding us that our request do not fall on deaf ears as you are always listening to your children when they call out to you. I am reminded thru Your word that You want us to cast our cares upon You for You care for us. 1 Peter 5:7; But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him and His righteousness to children's children Psalms 103:17. Lord you have spoken to my heart and those who have lifted this family up in prayer. Thank you for once again confirming that our faith is not in vain and that our hope of eternal life stands as a reward to us as faithful service. I love you Lord Amen. Thanks for the update. Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
Here's a Praise God update on Adler. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!! (btw thats a praise shout)

God is so amazing and God is so faithful! Today our doctor's visit was filled with amazing news. One doctor said, "You don't get a report better than this," and the oncologist said, "The results from the scan were an out of the park grand slam!!" The initial scan that Adler had prior to his diagnosis showed a mass that started way up by his clavical and filled a good portion of his chest cavity on the left side. There were several other "hot spots" on the initial scan as well. Today, when we looked at the scan, the doctor explained that there is only a residual mass--meaning there is tissue remaining where the mass used to be but the wonderful news is that already THE PET SCAN DID NOT PICK UP ANY METABOLIC ACTIVITY AKA ACTIVE CANCER CELLS!!! THE WORDS "COMPLETE METABOLIC RESPONSE TO TREATMENT" is a new scientific version of "PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!" Today my tears are tears of awe, of thanksgiving, of praise, of relief. Adler still has a long haul in front of him--nothing changes as far as his treatment is concerned. Today is reminder that we have a God that still performs mircles--and we are so blessed that Adler is a walking example of one!

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 01:46:00 AM »
Praise Him!
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©