INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Dr Ed update  (Read 1124 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Dr Ed update
« on: June 05, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
I copied this from the Tradbow forum.

Just a quick update. I had the initial post-surgery F/U on the right foot on June 1st, and all looks good so far. I'm down to a partial cast on that foot now, and it's great to not have to spend all my time with my foot elevated, but I'm restricted to only "absolutely necessary" walking, and no prolonged standing for the next six weeks. I'm trying real hard to be as careful as I can. I desperately need those bones to fuse correctly enough for walking! Next F/U for the foot is July 13th.

With the foot well on its way (I hope) I'm moving on to the next problem - the left knee - and am scheculed for an initial visit on June 11th with an Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in knees.

Late July will bring the 6 month F/U's with both the radiation Oncologist and Urologist. From what what I can tell of the periodic lab work I have to get everything there looks encouraging so far.

I sometimes think I could have been pounded by a buff and not came out in much worse shape than this! The hardest part of the 'recovery' is most likely still to come ... the long, long road to regaining all the strength and mobility that I've already lost during the last 22 months of forced total inactivity. Who knows how much more I'll lose (and have to regain) by the time I can start the climb back? Rolling Eyes On the other hand, it could be a whole lot worse!Very Happy

Ed
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dr Ed update
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
That is good news in that he finally got those toes fixed after waiting and waiting and waiting for the govt insurance.  :(

So much lost time. So much lost recovery and back sliding, and yet, this man is an inspiration in how he keeps the shiney side up and doesn't loose faith.

My daily prayers continue for this gentle man who quietly fights what would put many of us less patient people in a tailspin!

Keep the Son in your eyes, ED!!!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
Continued prayers from here..
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »
good news.....will continue praying ......
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
Good news....continuing to pray for you Dr. Ashby.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 05:11:00 AM »
I'm a little behind on the matter with Dr. Ed but it sounds like he is on the mend. I can totally relate to the knee problem as I fight one that is bad daily. They want to work on it and I want to walk on it. We will have to come together somewhere in the next 30 years or so. This is my only lasting trophy for 4 years of Bull Riding and 2 years of bull fighting. So being running over by a buff/bull has it problems too. LOL!. 3 scars combined to make 15" and a lost of stiff bones. LOL! But it was fun while I was 18. Anyway I will pray for his continued recovery and that God will give him supernatural strength to get him back on his feet. God bless you and yours.......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
Continued prayers For Doc Ed:

For good reports on the post-prostate cancer treatment follow ups

For healing from surgery to fuse the toes so he can walk

For quick progress in getting through the Govt health insur. to get his knee worked on after 10 months or more of waiting

For renewed progress in recuperation from his back surgery and no further loss in nerve or muscle use

And for nothing new to crop up so that this gentle man can get back to the business of visiting friends, getting out in nature he loves and being able to shoot his bows.

Lord in your mercy, hear our prayers for Ed Ashby.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »
Thanks Doc for bringing me up to date. All I can add here is "What a Man". I don't have any problems. I would like to shake hands with this man. Anyone who can take all of that and still be so positive is a strong man. God please continue to strengthen Doc Ed and raise him up to enjoy all of the things he loves. Thank you for what you have done in his life and will continue to do. It is in your perfect will I ask this Amen......Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »
God Bless you Ed with quick & complete healing.

If/when you decide to come home, Texas will be better for it. Get well soon.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
Some got emails from ole Ed. I was glad to hear anything. The were forwards but it shows he's alive and kicking. Wrote and he wrote back.

He gets the cast off where they cut the tendons on his turned under toes so he can walk and I think today (this week anyway) he goes for a pre-op exam to get his knee worked on.

I tease Ed he'll be the bionic $6M man here soon!

Man has the paitence of Job himself!

Continued prayers for him to have good progress with his foot while rehabing and then a quick successful knee surgery!

Ed, Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline COMPOUNDLESS IN CONCRETE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 10:26:00 PM »
I was wondering why I haven't seen any recent Ashby broadhead, efoc and penetration reports.  Now I know why.  Prayers for Ed Ashby  :pray:
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh to the father except by me."  John 14:6

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
Amen, prayers continue
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©