INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: bless our union  (Read 987 times)

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
bless our union
« on: July 10, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
Well, in 5 hours I am off to the church to marry my beloved.  Six and a half years together, almost a three year engagment.  She moved 12oo kilometers with me so that I could pursue a new career, leaving hr job, family and friends.  We are back in my home town to be married, then off to her home town of Alma, Quebec for our honeymoon alng with a few days in a rustic cabin in the middle of Blueberry country.  My best man, 21 years my senior, is the individual responssible for inspiring me to take up hunting and shooting the longbow.  I have known him my entire life and could not be happier that he is the one standing beside me.

So I ask that, if you have a moment to spare, please bend the Lord's ear and ask that he bless our marriage.

Thank you friends, and God bless you all.
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bless our union
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
Best to your union always. Let God carry the load so you can concentrate on the Blessings.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
I pray your becoming one is as blessed as mine has been for the last 32 years.....good luck
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
Donald and I pray Gods blessing over your marriage, May you give grace where grace is given with each other and at the end of the day remember the master brought you together and called this union so end every day thanking him for each other and the marriage he gave you.  Keep HIM the center and everything else will fall into place.  You will also find the move is probably going to make your strong because it will make you depend on each other and GOD and not be able to run home when it gets rough
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 01:19:00 AM »
May you ever be clearer mirrors for each other, of your wonders and of your shadows. May you travel together in faith and strength all your days, may you ever deepen your trust in His plan, even when you are tempted, even when you are tried.

May you ever remember the gift you have been given, may you ever find warmth and the blessing of Spirit in each other's company, and when the Lord calls, may you ever remember that you'll meet in that promised land from whose shores no traveler returns.

God Bless you and your Bride. Forevermore.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »
Some beautifully written sentiments above. I cannot add anything but my voice in prayer.

Read a tidy bit of advice about marriage... next time you get on an interstate, look at the end of the ramp...there is a sign for Marriage Success.

It reads: YIELD.

Prayers for love, peace and His will to be the center of your union.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
LOL Doc I think that is the best advise yet- Donald has learned yes dear no dear whatever you think dear works as well.
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
Amen, Prayers for God's best.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©