INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Needed prayers for my wife please.  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Bill Tell

• Trad Bowhunter
Needed prayers for my wife please.
« on: July 12, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
Everyone if you could please say a prayer for my wife.  We are at the hospital where she just had surgery to remove colon cancer.  So far the prognosis is good but we won't know everything until the reports come back from pathology.  It is her 39th birthday tomorrow and the greatest gift she could receive is a whole bunch of prayers.

Thanks everyone.
"I'm going to find my direction magnetically. " Eddie Vedder

Offline eddings220

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Needed prayers for my wife please.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »
Praying for great reports from pathology, peace that surpasses all understanding, the Father's comfort and rest, and 100% restoration of health. God Bless!
"Respect & Integrity" - Two things that will get you a long way with God and with men.  Mark Eddings

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »
Happy Birthday and prayers sent.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
May the Great Physician provide for your wife to get a clean slate and new start to show her love for Him Who Heals with praise and adoration.

My heart goes out to you both. Think positive thoughts. His will be done...but prayers for negative results on all follow up testing.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
prayers sent
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline yolo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
I am a new member this week and have not posted before so I hope this works. I was over come reading this because it is so close to home. One of the few things man got right has been medicine.There is a very good chance they can completely cure this issue from a physical standpoint, and I pray for you they do. Her mental state will take all the love and attention you can muster.Never leave her alone, keep her upbeat and looking forward. There are no words, and there is never enough time so use what you have the best you know how. Remember, every moment with her was always a gift from God, and the devil and his disease can never take those memories away. So start her looking forward to making new ones.This birthday will begin her life anew, may she have 1000 more.
Imagination is stronger than knowledge.Myth more powerful than history.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
Dear Lord be with the Hayes family especially Bill's wife as she undergoes her ordeal. Through you all things are possible. Restore her to complete health that she glorify your Holy Name.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Bill Tell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Today has been a really rough one for Steph.  See, she had two surgeries at once yesterday.  She had a total hysterectomy and the cancer surgery.  Please keep all of the prayers coming.

I am listening to all of the advice that is coming my way too. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Yolo... Welcome to the forum.  My father was a Dr.  He once told me that he could tell how well a patient was going to do within the five seconds after finding out they had cancer.  If they asked, "Am I going to die?"  He knew it would be a tough go for them.  My wife said, "How do you know?"  Pretty much sums up her fighting nature.  All I have to do is support her in every way and get out of the way.

Offline yolo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
Thank you for the welcome. It is always darkest before dawn. Tonight I will light two candles in the window and if God owes me any favors, {he does} she will be out the hosp. in days, and hunting with you in weeks.
I will launch an arrow to heaven, to tell St. Micheal the battle has started. He has not lost one yet.
Peace 'be with you and her'.
Imagination is stronger than knowledge.Myth more powerful than history.

Offline Bill Tell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
Well we had a tough day today and got the pathology report back.  The cancer was a stage two and because of her age and because of some other testing the oncologist told us that she is going to have to have 6 months of chemo.  It was pretty hard to hear at first but now we know what we are dealing with and we are just going to go after it.

All of the prayers are helping.  She had enough strength to walk today for the first time since the surgery so thanks again everyone.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
Prayers for comfort, healing, and strength.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
The battle lines are drawn. Now the fight will be more of attitude and mental stamina than physical.

There is a thread by Mooseman. You might wish to read and draw from a bit.

Keep the Son in your eyes. Prayers aloft.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
Mr Bill and Ms Steph, I first want to tell you thanks for opening this window into your lives for us to share with you. You will find out that there are many people on here that will lift you up in prayers and encouragement. I know you almost without fail have to wonder why me with something like this. I want to share with you that I was won to salavation thru a lady I came into contact with who had cancer. Her life and her spirit reflected something I didn't have in my life at the time. Even thought I had been raised in church I didn't have her peace and comfort. I excepted Christ into my heart because of this woman and her wittness that I got to see first hand. She wittnessed to me without even saying a word for the most part. Do I understand it? NO! I won't ever but God does and He wants us to call upon Him in all things. Again thank you for this and I have added you to my prayer book. God and Father show your hand forth in this bump in the road for this family. Show forth you comfort and strength and power to all who walk into her room. Surround them with you angelic protection and heal her body this day. It is in your name I ask this today, Amen.........Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »
Bill and Steph......I will be praying for you both...the chemo is tough but thru your faith and His strength you will get thru this. We will be lifting you up all along the way.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Bill Tell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
Thank you all for your prayers as they are working.  There is a very good chance that Steph will get to go home today!  After six days in the "joint" we are so ready to have her home.

The other great news is we are learning that even though she has to go thru the chemo her over all prognosis is very very very good.  When this is all said and done she will be a cancer surviver.

I am not sure what the good lord wanted us to learn from this situation as of yet but I am sure over the next few weeks we will have a couple of aha moments.  I already have had one and thanked the holy spirit for letting me hear it.  Here was the message...

Sometimes, no mater how hard you try, you can't always help you children and they need life lessons too.  

This was a big lesson learned for me as a stay at home Dad and I am sure I will be a better father for it.

We will have a few weeks before the chemo so I will keep posting.

Thanks everyone there is so much power in prayer.

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 01:56:00 AM »
Praying for Steph and your family, Bill!

Something you said about the power of prayer led me to share the following:

Been in a bible study on prayer for several weeks.  The very first lesson we talked about something I never realized before and I can't seem to stop thinking about.

There are a few verses in the bible where it says "God wonders..."!  Hard for me to imagine that there is anything the creator of the universe would have to wonder about...but he does.

The key to any relationship is communication.  One of the primary ways to know his strength and peace is to talk to him regularly.  Not just at bed time, meals, or when we have a need, but all the time.

He has also promised to answer all of our prayers, maybe not always the answer we want with the timing we want, but he always answers.

So, "God wonders..." why we don't pray more!  If ya'll want I can get the exact verses, can't remember them off the top of my head.

As you said above, Bill: "there is power in prayer."  

So, why don't we pray more.  I know I need to!

Don't know why I chose this time to share that, just felt a prompting from the Holy Spirit to share those thoughts.  Hope it means something to someone out there!
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
Chip,

My struggle is the tussle between "pray as though your prayers are already answered" and "pray incessantly'.

The latter seems like a spoiled teenager buggin and buggin to wear down their parent.

I tend toward the former, but you give me pause with your quote. Would like to read the scripture.

PM it to me if you like.  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Bill Tell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »
Well here is an update for everyone.  Steph is slowly coming around.  The surgeon said that she would feel exhausted and this is proving to be true.

This chemo thing is really turning out to be a challenge.  Because she is stage two they are telling her that the decision is up to her on wether or not to take the chemo treatments.

On one hand she feels like she owes it to herself and all of her loved ones to tackle this challenge so that her prognosis could be five percent better.

On the other hand she and I are concerned about the after effects and side effects of the treatments.

Steph is the manager of 100+ people and over 170 million dollars for a company that keeps people from going blind.  She is concerned about all of the employee's, company, and patients that depend on her.  This is her calling and she doesn't take it lightly.  She doesn't know if the chemo will deplete her effectiveness and render her ill or will give her longevity of life.

However she still wants to do what is best for her.

As those who don't know the plan of our creator there is no right or wrong choice.

Would you all please pray for her so that she can hear from the holy spirit what the correct choice is?

I plan to pray for this same thing and to support her in her decision.

Thanks to all that have replied and who have taken the time to pray.  I have added a prayer that just says. "Lord please take care of all brothers of the bow in need.  There are so many,  Please hear their prayer."

Hooked... all I do these days is wonder about what it is I am supposed to learn from all of this,  I pray all the time that I catch these lessons.

I now know that god gave us the news of the cancer to save Steph's life.  We found out just in time.  We were literally weeks away from no turning back with the tumor.  She was so close to stage 4 it isn't even funny,  I just can't think about what would have happened if the good lord didn't send a shot over our bow to get our attention.  We didn't catch it early... we caught it just in time.

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »
I helped my wife thru the Cancer surgeries, chemo and radiation. I am praying for your entire family.

With great sorrow I say, "Been there, done that". So, I offer you my hand in friendship and my phone number 512-567-3329.

I am here to listen, here to counsel, here to pray. If you need to talk, I am here.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 09:25:00 AM »
Prayers are on the way from Ga.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©