3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: brace heights for Christmas bows  (Read 299 times)

Offline Brian Gillispie

• Trad Bowhunter
brace heights for Christmas bows
« on: December 20, 2007, 02:55:00 AM »
Hey all,

I have picked up 2 bows for the kids on the auction site that shall not be named.

I got a shakespear,  I cant find any info on it though.  Here is the details that I have.  It has the Wonderbow silkscreen on the upper limb.  Written on it is:

30+
  M72740H
     60"
     M 24

It is a one piece recurve.  Brown Glass with a light colored wood under the glass.  The riser is a very dark wood with nice grain.  The shelf is flat.
I am trying to find a proper brace height for this bow.  I am hoping my 11 year old daughter would enjoy shooting it.

The second bow is a Little Bear with dark green glass on the front and cream colored glass on the back

48"
     20#@24"

I need the brace height on this bow also.  If anyone can help me I would be most gratefull.

Thanks in advance,

Brian Gillispie
Spinning faster round the pole. Soon to old from chasing gold. Young hands wrinkle, hearts to stone. Dust to dust and ashes cold

Offline allanburden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: brace heights for Christmas bows
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 03:47:00 AM »
Brian, I have a 40lb shakespeare wonderbow at home that shoots like a dream.  I get off work at about 10AM and when I get home I will check it's brace height.
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Offline Brian Gillispie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
ttt
Spinning faster round the pole. Soon to old from chasing gold. Young hands wrinkle, hearts to stone. Dust to dust and ashes cold

Offline Brian Gillispie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »
Anyone?

Offline Brian Gillispie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »
ttt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©