INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers needed for friends family right now  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers needed for friends family right now
« on: July 25, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
My brothers and sisters here at TradGang, last night I was awaken to so many sirens at about 3am, that it sounded like everything was responding to a close location to my house.

It was with great sadness that I found out, my friends youngest son David and his girlfriend Shayla, were killed in a roll over accident.

To say I am numb is an understatement, as I watched David grow up nearly all his life after his parents moved here to our area.

We all have a very strong faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and we know God will lift us up in our time of great need.  But we are human as well, and need to be uplifted by our fellow brethern and sisters.

I'm just without further words right now.
Member: Montana Bowhunters Association, Traditional Bowhunters of Montana

"I don't bowhunt for a living... but I live to bowhunt the traditional way!"

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers needed for friends family right now
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
Amen prayers for God's comfort
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline COMPOUNDLESS IN CONCRETE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »
I am very sorry about your loss.  I hope you know that when people on hear say they are a prayin', thats what they're doin.  Please let your friends know that we are praying for them as well.  Prayers have been sent.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh to the father except by me."  John 14:6

Offline Rookie@51

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 03:05:00 AM »
When I hear this kind of things happening I am reminded of the scripture that says "In all things give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus  concerning you" 1 Thes. 5:18. Please don't ask me to explain why I am to give Thanks for something like this because I can't. I just know that this was our instructions and I do it even when it don't make sense to me. Lord please give us strenght to stand with our brother and the other family who has suffered this loss. You are the only one who can bring them comfort as you know what it means to give up a child. Father we thank you because you were not caught off guard by all of this and you have a plan that we may never see. Give them the peace that surpasses all understanding as they walk this road. Thank you for their lives and the blessing that they brought and even for their deaths as well althought we don't understand why. I beleive you have our best in mind at all times even in something like this. It is in you name I ask this from you....Amen.......Thanks for sharing this with us.........Dusty
66" Shadowcast Longbow 58# @ 28"
 By Tree's Custom Bows.
60" FireFly take down Longbow 54# @ 28" By Mr. Jim Jones

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor
each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, He's up!"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »
Prayers for peace beyond understanding to settle over David's parents and family and all who knew and loved him and his companion.

Tragedy either binds together or rips apart. May this bind the community in Christian love and support.

Lord in yoru Mercy
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 10:10:00 AM »
Here is more on this, as I can think a bit clearer now, as the time was differant.  We spoke with Pete, David's dad and they thank you for your prayers and uplifting.

Yesterday morning I was awakened at 4am to screaming sirens coming from all over Kalispell it seemed, and the the sirens stopped a short distance from where we live in the Evergreen area of Kalispell. I knew something real bad had happened, but I just did not know how bad. We had worried about my son in law Brett who went fishing with a friend, and our daughter Amber was worried, but had not called us when he returned home.

We got a call mid day Sunday from Amber, as she had read on facebook about a friends youngest son David, and his girl friend Shayla being killed in a roll over.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/article_8c35b820-9855-11df-bd65-001cc4c03286.html

This is devistating for their entire families.

Shayla had been in a long battle with Leukemia, the treatments, loss of hair, and remission, then a set back with more re-occurance.

Our kids grew up with David and his brothers, and as you can imagine are very heart broken about this.

Our guess is that David and Shayla had just returned from a long drive back from Las Vegas, and David fell asleep behind the wheel so close to home. I don't know if wearing seat belts would have saved either one of them, but they were not wearing theirs, and when the car rolled, both were ejected. We do know from wittness accounts at the scene, that David drug himself over to Shayla and held her hand, but she was gone. David passed away during surgery from a seperated liver that could not be repaired.

There were so many people around the family yesterday, that the total grief had not hit yet, but they will deal as they have a very strong faith in Jesus Christ.

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
PRAYING THAT THE VOIDS YOU FEEL NOW WILL BE FILLED WITH LOVE AND PEACE. PRAYERS OF STRENGTH TO REACH OVER THE PAIN OF LOSS.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »
Prayers for the familes sent from Ga.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »
Just reading that account brings tears to my eyes. Love as David showed transcends human limits and is indeed more akin to how God loves us.

Continued prayers for all involved.  May Peace be spread over all families and friends.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
Prayers for comfort

God Bless

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »
First I want to thank you all for your prayers for the families involved.  I did find out tonight that Shayla's Leukemia had returned with a vengence and she had no hope of recovery this time.  

Its funny how the Lord works in mysterious ways, why David was taken to still remains a mystery only to be answered later.

The funeral will be a double this Friday morning at 11am.

Thank you so much again.
Jon

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 07:49:00 AM »
We will understand all when made perfect standing before Christ...not until.  The mind can run down many trails of logic that are not of God's design.

Prayers continue for the families to rest easy and trust in Him that knows all. May His peace be on all involved.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
We had an awesome Celebration of Life for both David and Shayla this past Friday morning, then all went to the cemetry for the graveside part of the services.

Let me tell you, many were surprized to see celebration of life, rather than mourning.  Sure there where tears, and good byes.  But we celebrate both lives, and the fact that they were born again believers in Christ.

As soon as the pastor finished at the graveside, and committed them to the ground.  The skies above opened up with rain from above.  What a more perfect time, for tears from Heaven.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
Cotton,

Grandma truly believed and would always say, "Happy is the bride the sun shines on, and peace-filled  is the corpse that the rain falls upon."

Don't know where she ever got that, but she was a god-fearing women who believed.

Celebration of young lives. What better lesson and love is there!

Prayers for continued peace in the long days ahead for both families...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
Praise God for His tears of joy.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©