INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for my dog  (Read 1917 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for my dog
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:13:00 AM »
A hurting dog doesn't compare to other issues here but I'd ask for prayer for our dachshund. She suddenly came up lame in her rear legs and has to drag herself around. This has really had an affect on my wife who has ms and struggles with walking herself. Maxine will be taking the dog to the vet as soon as they can get Abby in so we'll find out what the prognosis is.
Thanks
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for my dog
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
Christ has told us to be careful of nothing.  In context it means that whatever we are dealing with to talk to Him about it and ask His help because he loves us.
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
Prayers sent for you and your Mrs and your best friend, They are part of the family and one of Gods better creations.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
That is very, very common with dachshunds. Because of their conformation, they have a lot of intervertebral disc problems. Some can be fixed with steroids and confinement...others require surgery...and some cannot be fixed. My prayers are with you. I lost my 16 year old lab yesterday, and she was the best dog I've ever known.

blessings,

Andy
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 07:38:00 AM »
BenBow, sorry to hear about your dog. GOD loves us and hears ours prayers and cares about our pain. he knows even when a sparrow falls. being the greatest father of all he has compassion for all our hurts. let your wife know we're praying for her, your dog and the vet.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »
Thanks everyone. Prayers for comfort for your loss Andy
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
Dogs are people, Too!  :)   Prayers for this to be treatable and if not, that God smother youa nd your family in peace and understanding, Benson.

Keep us posted.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
Yes, please keep us posted re: what the veterinarian says! Prayers continue.

Offline NYStickhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
I hope your Pup does alright. Dachs are Fiesty!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »
Just received a call from my wife and Abby met her at the door then walked out a bit wobbly to go to the bathroom. Thanks for the prayers as it looks like she is healing well. We are trying to keep her from walking too much so she doesn't aggravate the problem.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
Neat! Let's hope this is a much prayed for upswing in things for Abby and the clan!  :)

Prayers continue for wiener dog's continued healing!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Keep her from running and jumping as much as possible. Did she get any sort of anti-inflammatory drugs?

A

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
Andy thanks for your info. They gave her a heavier dose of steroids for a longer period. She also gets something for her stomach when she takes the steroid as well as some pain medication. We have limited her access outside to when we are with her to keep her inline. We also make sure she doesn't try to stand on her hind legs which I've caught her trying to do. She keeps improving so we're making sure she doesn't over do it. One problem is her appetite has increased with the steroid and we want to be sure she doesn't gain weight.

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »
Steroids are the most powerful anti-inflammatories, but they do have some untoward side effects. The stomach meds are to keep her stomach & intestinal linings from ulcerating. Sounds like your vet has covered all the bases. Let us know when to stop praying!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
Cool news,Benson! Your pup has better health coverage than I do!!  :)

And problably deserves it more...

Continued prayers for Abby to keep healing and have many more years of chasin balls and biting ankles!   :rolleyes:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
Abby has my wife wrapped around her paw. My wife acts tough but she is Abby's health plan so you could say Abby's plan is better.    :biglaugh:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
Ha! Maybe I need a wife with deep pockets to put humpty-dumpty (me)back together again!
 :saywhat:  

Good for Abby! Critters can worm their way into our hearts better'n kids sometimes. Kids talk back!   :bigsmyl:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
i said it before, "satan trembles when the weakest christian prays". never heard of someone sic there dog on him though.

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
I was thinking of Abby last night as I euthanized a dog that had lost the use of her back legs.  I hope she (Abby) is doing better!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Andy I so appreciate your concern and prayers. Abby is doing well. She is now gaining her strength back in her legs so she doesn't wobble much when she walks. She does start to weaken after walking for a while. But we are trying to keep her from overdoing it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©