INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for my dog  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for my dog
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
Great to hear news on Abby, Benson.

Andy,So sorry to hear about your good friend having to be put down.

Prayers for peace for Andy and his family and prayers for Abby to keep on getting stronger!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Doc Nock,

Thanks for your kind words. I did have to put my own Lab down week before last, but the one I put down on the 25th was a client's dog. Even though it ends suffering, euthanizing patients is part of my profession that I hate doing. Your prayers are appreciated!

blessings,

Andy
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
Putting aside our own feelings to ease the suffering of others is a noble thing and something in life far too many have abdicated to others.

Andy, my gratitude for what you do to ease other's transition when a beloved family member (pet)needs help they cannot ask for themselves.

Born with tons of allergies which became evident included pets early in life. I ache to have shared times especially with dogs, and live vicariously through other's pets. Unfortunately, there is a huge ritual I have to go through to play with friend's dogs and only outside.  :)  

I can still feel that connection and can project how awful it must be to have to close that chapter.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©