INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for my Grandma  (Read 1726 times)

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for my Grandma
« on: August 16, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
About 3 weeks ago my Grandma had a stroke.  It effected her right hand and leg.  It gave her trouble talking and such.  Well, she beat it.  She, with God's almighty power, got the use of her right side back to almost 100%.  Then yesterday she had another one.  It has effected her left side now.  He can't walk, has trouble talking, and has limited movement in her hand.  

Last time, the turning point was that one day she woke up in the hospital, looked out at the sunshine and said, "Today is a new day, I am going to beat this".  Today I told her that she could beat it again and she said, "Why, to have another one in a week?  I just got home and started to get better then I have another one."  If her "try" fails a bad situtation will only get worse.  

Please pray for her.  Most improtantly for God's peace and direction.  She is a born again believer.  She is not afraid of dying, only of being in a state of helplessness.

Thank you and God Bless,
John
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline bucksdown

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for my Grandma
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:26:00 AM »
good morning john, sorry to hear about your grandmother. at chuch a few years back we split into groups, young, middle aged, an elderly, to write down our needs and concerns so the people in the church would know how to help eachother. the one thing the elderly feared the most was losing there independance. that's something we all take for granted. they don't want to be a burden. your grandmother is probaly like most, there used to taking care of others. just let her know you'all love her. everything else leave unspoken, i'm certainly no phsycologist, that's just how i believe i would feel. tell her there are lots of GODS childern praying for her. i will continue to pray for you also, it's not an easy situation for you either. keep the faith brother, GOD is still in control.   :pray:

Offline skullworks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Prayers sent for God's will and hoping she makes a full recovery.
'cuz deer huntin' ain't catch & release!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
Praying for God's best
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »
With Pop having had a stroke, mild though it be, back late March, at 88, this strikes home.

He fought back pretty well, got some infection from a care-giver, and never regained his verve. He's now in the nursing home and looks like that is it for him...we're moving things down to his room slowly from the apt nearby and I'll have to close the apt soon I fear.  Not much hope at this point with all his aliments.

I hear Grandma's lament of lost independence and fear. But it is HIS decision as to the how and why. Ours is to keep fighting for whatever reason and for however long to fulfill his will.

Give her our love and challenge her to let Him decide what the future holds. Easier said than done and as I type that, I feel like a hypocrit given some aspects of my own life where I feel I've "resigned".  

Prayers for strength, healing, peace and discernment for her and the family.

Keep the Son in your eyes, Grandma!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
We are praying for you, and your family. I know it is hard because, My grandpa had had quite a few strokes and he just would not let go, I end up finally tell him it was ok to go home. Strokes are hard but they can be over come. And they can thin the blood if need be to keep it from happening. Tyler
Bear Kodiak Magnum 44# Amo 52"

42@28 Take-down. Black Creek Bows, Banshee. 60' AMO

Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors though Him that loved us. Romans 8:37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »
As an update, I can just say it is going to be a long road.  She has had 3 total now.  The Dr. did say that there is no reason she should not make a full recovery, but the last ones seem to have had a strange effect.  She has awakened at night delusional, angry about things that are not real.  I only hope it was some effect of medicane she was given.

Thank you for the prayers and God Bless,
John
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
Prayers continue
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
BABH,

There is so much done with stroke recovery today, but only God knows the future for your Gram.

Love her through and keep her mind busy. It's a muscle and needs excercise, too.  

Prayers for full recovery. Ask the docs to give you materials to read and learn... there are so many things when the brain is involved.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
Thank you all for the prayers.  The stroke total is up to 4 right now.  Her drive and "beat it" attitude need a little help.  I continue to ask you to pray for her, I know our Gracious Lord can do anything.

Thanks and God Bless you

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »
Prayers continue

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »
Sorry to hear of the continuing saga. I will continue to pray for His will to be done and for all of you to have strength and discernment for your Grandma in her time of such need.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
Fellas, her good attitude is back, Praise the Lord.  If you lose your drive your in trouble.  She started walking with a cane of sorts yesterday. She has really started improving, I appriciate your prayers.

Thank you and Please continue.

God Bless you all.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
Praises to Him who can make the difference. Gratitude that Gram is now working with the Lord for her own recovery.

Prayers for continued healing and no more attacks!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
She is walking better, now.  The left hand is not doing as well as we had hoped, but there is still improvement.  

I really appriciate you prayers for my Grandma!!

God Bless,

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
Prayers continue

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
Given what she went through and how many strokes, it's a miracle in many ways, brother!

Praises for his healing toucha nd prayers for continued recovery!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
Thank You guys for all of the prayers for my Grandma.  She is home now.  She still has a long road, but she is trying.  

My Mom is staying pretty much 24/7 with her, which puts Mom in a tuff spot also.  She gave up her job and life at home with my Dad to stay with her Mother.  Tuff choices.  Dad understands, but it can't be easy.  

So, I need to request prayer for my Mom and Grandma along with the rest of my family as we all go through this.  I try to visit and encourage everyday and steadily see improvement.  Thanks for your faithfulness.

God Bless you all!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »
Amen prayers sent.

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »
Prayers from here....

Later....Buzz
Remember...aim small miss small...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©